Tier 6 Sets - Overview
Tier 6 Sets - Overview, posted by Your's Truly:)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:Tier 6 Sets - Overview, posted by Your's Truly:)
And as usual, Fanatic's put it in movie form.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Those wings look just awesome, though the hat is awful.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
I approve of the Warrior set.

Nothing has beaten Might for looks so far, imo:(
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Quote:I approve of the Warrior set.

Nothing has beaten Might for looks so far, imo:(

More earth colors. Brown. Rust red. Bleh.

Give me Wrath!
Quote:More earth colors. Brown. Rust red. Bleh.

It's really blue and purple with gold trim, you just can't tell with all the dried on blood and gore... :shuriken:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:...you just can't tell with all the dried on blood and gore...
That's how I like my armor! Although recently it has been my blood and gore rather than that of my enemies...
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Holy crap at the warlock set. Wings? Someone's been hitting the Red Bull pretty hard.

Hunter's set is the least interesting of the lot, frankly. Also, how does the priest stop bumping into things?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:More earth colors. Brown. Rust red. Bleh.

Give me Wrath!
This one looks much more badass than Wrath. I thought Wrath looked a little silly, honestly.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Quote:Hunter's set is the least interesting of the lot, frankly.
But it has three animated, lurking and blinking Gronn eyes (shoulders, head piece);)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Hunters set...orange, with eyeballs. Yuck, and no thanks. Too bad my hunter isn't any fun to play anymore. I doubt this'll help.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
I'm going to go class by class here, because some just deserve so much in the way of a comment...

Druid

Wow. Just... wow. That set may look cool on a Tauren, but on a Night Elf it's the most ridiculous thing I've seen in terms of set items. The helm is so huge it makes you look like you've got a head shield akin to the queen in Aliens. The shoulders seem disproportionate and the "heads" are way too small for the "wings". It looks big, clunky, and wooden... and apparently that's what they're going for. But it just doesn't work for me. Additionally it's breaking the tier theme they have going with some sort of antlers in each set. Granted, I've hidden all but the Cenarion helm as I've gotten them, and this could be a throwback to the Wildheart.

In short, I'd rather have the oldschool Wildheart shoulders than something a highschool freshman made in woodshop.

Hunter

Cool. It looks very primitive compared to other Hunter sets, which again might be what they're going for. What puzzles me on this one is why the Gronn Stalker's Armor is obtained by killing things in a temple ruled by a demon, while the T4 is obtained by killing a Gronn...

Looks cool, just seems out of place for what you're killing.

Mage

Meh, doesn't really stand out to me. Okay, another set with robes, and some partical effect... *shrugs*

Paladin

I'm digging it. The halo works for the set, and the glow effect on the shoulders is very cool. I'm not a big fan of T5 for Paladins, and this one maks up for it.

Priest

Much more subtle than the earlier priest sets. The low hood looks cool, but I guess what I kept thinking looking at the set was "that's it?" It's a nice robe and all, and I'd think something that an NPC would be wearing. But it doesn't really radiate any aura of awe and doesn't strike me as something I see and say "I want my priest to be wearing THAT!" like some of the earlier tiers.

Rogue

Cool. I like the collar on the rogue set as opposed to the Skeletor/Phantom hood from T5. Not anything special on it, really, but rogues were never about being flashy.

Shaman

I dunno... The shoulders seem way too big, akin to the Druid set. Additionally I'm really not sure what it's supposed to be. Is that a Tauren face on the chest? So Taurens will be running around displaying a picture of a... Tauren? I got nothing on that one.

Warlock[

Step 1: Disable helm. Step 2: Wonder why the overkill on the wings. They're simply over the top, and I'd say the set as a whole looks terrible when compared to the T5. It's not a bad set on its own, but c'mon... we've seen such good work on warlock sets in the past. This is disappointing.

The helm is goofy. I don't know what the mechanic is that fires off the wing animation, but it's overboard. I don't like this set.

Warrior

Now THAT's what I'm talking about. That set makes a warrior look like a fortress; a mass of metal upon which you don't even know where to begin an attack. It's battle-worn and the colors work. I love it.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Druid

Wow. Just... wow. That set may look cool on a Tauren, but on a Night Elf it's the most ridiculous thing I've seen in terms of set items. The helm is so huge it makes you look like you've got a head shield akin to the queen in Aliens. The shoulders seem disproportionate and the "heads" are way too small for the "wings". It looks big, clunky, and wooden... and apparently that's what they're going for. But it just doesn't work for me. Additionally it's breaking the tier theme they have going with some sort of antlers in each set. Granted, I've hidden all but the Cenarion helm as I've gotten them, and this could be a throwback to the Wildheart.

In short, I'd rather have the oldschool Wildheart shoulders than something a highschool freshman made in woodshop.
Yeah, but if you look at all the druid sets up to now, they've all pretty much been designed for Night Elves, almost specifically so.

Leaf pauldrons and stag helms may not look out of place in the forests of Teldrassil, but they sure as hell look weird on the plains of Mulgore. As far as design has been concerned, druid is a Night Elf class. The sets are elaborate and chock-full of Night Elven symboligy, while for once Tauren druids get something that was seemingly designed around them rather than as a hand-me-down from the Night Elves.

Edit: Also, who wants to play lawn darts with gnome mages?
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Yeah, but if you look at all the druid sets up to now, they've all pretty much been designed for Night Elves, almost specifically so.

Leaf pauldrons and stag helms may not look out of place in the forests of Teldrassil, but they sure as hell look weird on the plains of Mulgore. As far as design has been concerned, druid is a Night Elf class. The sets are elaborate and chock-full of Night Elven symboligy, while for once Tauren druids get something that was seemingly designed around them rather than as a hand-me-down from the Night Elves.

Edit: Also, who wants to play lawn darts with gnome mages?

Looking across the sets, it's clear that three key thematic elements have emerged: Antlers, Birds, and Trees. Apparently, being located in L.A., Blizzard believes that these things are nature. Here's a breakdown by set:
T0: Birds
T1: Antlers, Trees
T2: Antlers, Trees
T3: Snakes on a Druid?
T4: Antlers, Birds
T5: Antlers, Trees
T6: (wooden) Birds

Personally, I hated the dead bird / roadkill motif of Wildheart. And it doesn't appeal to me here, either. However, I didn't like the T5 PvE set and now I'm loving the Arena version. So I'll hold out hope!

I still think Warbringer looks better than the new set. Then again, I've always been a fan of dark red shades, so I may be a little biased.

Wrath looked horrible, and still does.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.