Tier 5 for free
Visit good ol' Johnny McWeaksauce at A'dal in Shattrath City to get your free Tier 5 Set for testing the "Black Temple" on the 2.1 beta test servers.

Note: You must be at least 'Honored' with the 'Violet Eye' (Karazhan raid faction) to have access to the sets.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Also, an extremely minor change that makes me happy... lantern offhand items no longer clip through Night Elves' legs!
See you in Town,
-Z
I had a chance to equip my warlock in the Corruptor's Set plus other suitably drool worthy items last night. It's a very cool looking set - much more menacing than the Killer Jawa Clown look of Plagueheart.

The actual bonus to stats is much less than you would think from looking at the gear owing to a lack of enchants, gems, glyphs, spellthreads and so on. It's surprising how much that stuff adds up. I was able to buy a glyph of power, but my bank vaults aren't quite up to giving my test character the full treatment. (I guess I could mule him across again to double my stockpile).

The "honored" with Violet Eye requirement prevents me from equipping my priest in similar fashion. It makes me a bit sad, because I think priests would be in demand for content testing, but I can see the logic behind what Blizzard are doing.

When they had the pre-made characters available, every man and their dog was creating characters, often in classes they'd never played before. Disabling pre-mades means that the content will be tested by people at least theoretically familiar with their class. But the tier 5 "care packages" mean that characters will be as buffed as possible for actual content testing. (I believe there's a vendor outside BT and Hyjal selling cheap flasks, potions, soulshards and other essentials of raiding).

Chris
Quote:I believe there's a vendor outside BT and Hyjal ...

Mt. Hyjal is open? How do I get there? Both entrances I know of (Winterspring, Timbermaw Hold in Felwood) are still closed.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:Mt. Hyjal is open? How do I get there? Both entrances I know of (Winterspring, Timbermaw Hold in Felwood) are still closed.

I believe he means the Caverns of Time:Mt Hyjal, not the actual zone.
It's worth picking through the off-class boxes as well as your own for a wider selection of equipment.