TBC elemental resist plate
Spangles, protection warrior, has the Enchanted Adamantite armor set, and the arcane resist ring, and neck. This gives 220 arcane resist, for whatever use it may be. She is the soaker for the Curator encounter, and puts it on for portions of heroic Mechanar.

She has all the other jewelcrafted resist rings/necks, figuring that they were put in the game for a purpose.

All her fire, nature, and shadow resist armor is old school, and needs upgrading. What is the upgrade for each, and in what order? I don't see need until Serpentshrine, is this correct?

Fire resist: Flamebane is a cheap crafted set that gives about 140 FR. There is an Inferno Tempered set that requires 100 heroic badges and gives 200 FR. Should we invest in the cheap set now, junk the Dark Iron stuff, and replace the cheap set piecewise with the heroic set? What level of FR must we attain? I hear 360 buffed is required now, instead of 315.

Wildguard Plate is a moderate cost set that provides 170 NR. Would one use this for tanking heroic Quagmirran?

Shadow, frost resist: same questions. What are the encounters that require them, and which sets provide useful levels of resistance?
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Quote:Fire resist: Flamebane is a cheap crafted set that gives about 140 FR. There is an Inferno Tempered set that requires 100 heroic badges and gives 200 FR. Should we invest in the cheap set now, junk the Dark Iron stuff, and replace the cheap set piecewise with the heroic set? What level of FR must we attain? I hear 360 buffed is required now, instead of 315.

Wildguard Plate is a moderate cost set that provides 170 NR. Would one use this for tanking heroic Quagmirran?

Shadow, frost resist: same questions. What are the encounters that require them, and which sets provide useful levels of resistance?
Fire resist: been asked a lot lately by many players. You really won't need FR, apparently, until one of SSC's optional bosses. FR will help a lot against the Heroic Ramparts end-boss, depending on how you fight him.

Quagmirran doesn't require nature resistance by the tank as long as you keep Naturalist Bite alive for his buff, and have a decent healer(s).

Shadow resistance will really come into its own in the heroic Mana Tombs. The first boss, Pandemonius, is made much more manageable with a tank having 200-250+ SR. It is also pretty much required for the first boss in heroic Arcatraz (perhaps this is why it's skippable?).

Frost resist should be kept around in case your guild wants to go back and have fun in Naxx to see the place - it's still required for Sapphiron or else his blizzards will decimate you and your guildmates. WTB 30-39 other players who would still like to see content, even if its loot is meh.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
The cheapest thing you could do is look for greens with "of [Resistance] Protection" on them. They're by no means top-of-the-line, but they all come with a modest amount of resistance and stamina, and are as good a place to start as any. They're also generally pretty cheap:)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:Fire resist: been asked a lot lately by many players. You really won't need FR, apparently, until one of SSC's optional bosses.

Quagmirran doesn't require nature resistance by the tank as long as you keep Naturalist Bite alive for his buff, and have a decent healer(s).

Frost resist should be kept around in case your guild wants to go back and have fun in Naxx to see the place

365 is the new max resist.

Are you thinking of the pheonix in the eye, Bolty? I hadn't heard he was optional, and was under the impression that all bosses in SSC were manditory. Last I heard people were not seen in FR gear for the pheonix kill shots. AFIK there haven't been enough kills for this info to solidify. I wouldn't spend anything on it until it does.

Quag definitely does not require NR, neither does the hydra in the bog. Pro tip - to keep Bite alive, keep most of the party at the mouth of the tunnel, with only one releasing him. Engage as the mobs come up the tunnel and Bite will not engage. After the patch he supposedly will be buffed to level 70, and hopefully not get gibbed by cleaves. A guild requires one uncrittable, max NR tank to do Hydross.

You also require one uncrittable, max FrR tank to do Hydross. All of the profiles I've seen use Nax gear to accomplish this, I'm not sure if its possible without it.
http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news/21.../new_resist.jpg

http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news/21...ongue_armor.jpg

Fire, Ice, Nature and Shadow resist plate get major upgrades in 2.1.0. Even though nobody knows why.
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Quote:Even though nobody knows why.

Frost and Nature sets are required for Hydross the Unstable, the first boss of Serpentshrine Cavern.
Quote:http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news/21.../new_resist.jpg

http://www.mmo-champion.com/images/news/21...ongue_armor.jpg

Fire, Ice, Nature and Shadow resist plate get major upgrades in 2.1.0. Even though nobody knows why.

I'm pretty sure they said anything that has +armor is getting buffed. (Armor will cost less items points so more stats can be put on the items). I wouldn't be surprised they all got buffed just from that fact.

I don't understand why they put +armor on gear that will be used in a reisit fight, and they have been doing it since the Dark Iron set :wacko:.
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
Quote:I don't understand why they put +armor on gear that will be used in a reisit fight, and they have been doing it since the Dark Iron set :wacko:.
Because a lot of resist fights also have physical damage too.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:I don't understand why they put +armor on gear that will be used in a reisit fight, and they have been doing it since the Dark Iron set :wacko:.

The armor number isn't green. They haven't added extra armor to the item - merely increased the ilvl to provide room to put the additional stamina on. Armor scales automatically with ilvl.