Those little accomplishments
So, the other night, I finished up getting my Sporeggar rep up to Honored. It wasn't hard, especially with an Underbog run under my belt and an hour of grinding bog giants. As a reward I received this! The awesome shield that I'm sure will be replaced within a week:P

[Image: sporeggarshield.jpg]

What are some little accomplishments in TBC you guys are proud of?
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Quote:So, the other night, I finished up getting my Sporeggar rep up to Honored. It wasn't hard, especially with an Underbog run under my belt and an hour of grinding bog giants. As a reward I received this! The awesome shield that I'm sure will be replaced within a week:P

[Image: sporeggarshield.jpg]

What are some little accomplishments in TBC you guys are proud of?

My Drakefist Hammer!
Proud Co-Founder of the Widely Accepted and Raider™ Approved "FIPIA Strategy"

Zyn's You Tube Channel
Recently? Three Knothide Leathers from a discarded Banthar corpse. Considering I only got two scraps when I grouped it myself a few days ago, I felt like a friggin' rockstar.

I haven't ran WSG in a long time now, nor any other battleground for that matter (I'm at that difficult level where any attempt at the moment will result in instakills from AP/PoM/PB mages.), but I do remember quite a few "last man standing" defenses. I've never been overpowered, I've never played to be absolutely optimal, and killing anything for me is a hell of a lot more involved than stabbing the IWIN Button™ and sitting back to watch the fireworks; but quite a few times I've watch a defense crumble around me only to hold off the attackers for just long enough for the cavalry arrives. Half the time I'm not entirely sure how I manage to survive; there was one nasty incident involving a Rogue that put my traps, intimidation, and stomp on cooldown and left me at about 3% before he expired, giving me just enough time to grab a quick bite of Harvest Bread and water just before a Paladin runs in. I just about managed to force him into his bubble before collapsing dead, at which point my teammates decide to show up and gank the sucker.

Everybody wants to be the Flag Carrier. I make sure there's something to bring it back to.

More sardonically, there was one neat little incident in the Bone Wastes a week or so ago. I (Then level 64) was running around the northern part of the area, when I see an Alliance Paladin (66) pick a fight with a Horde Mage (70). The Paladin gets her ass handed to her and manages to get out of range of the mage without popping her bubble, which unfortunately put her in range of my Arcane Shot. Anyway, I knew she was going to be back and pretty narked about the incident, but I carry on with a quest. A bit later, I see a very angry Paladin running towards me, so I pop a Freezing Trap.

Smartly, she skirts around it, but I do eventually lead her into it. As she's frozen, I give her a little wave then activate my Hearthstone to take me back to Shattrath. I don't know if that's considered cheeky or just ironic.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
As some of you know, gear is unimportant. Looking good is what counts, more than anything.

[Image: wow104.jpg]

Sure, Masquerade Gown completely sucks compared to an enchanted, socketed Hallowed Garments, but egads it looks pretty.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Soloing those "Recommended: 3" quests always gives me a nice sense of accomplishment.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:As some of you know, gear is unimportant. Looking good is what counts, more than anything.

Sure, Masquerade Gown completely sucks compared to an enchanted, socketed Hallowed Garments, but egads it looks pretty.

-Bolty
Agreed on most counts, though I don't know anything about the stats.:lol: I hope paladin stuff looks even close to that awesome...
Grinding LW from 0-375 in four days and then accumulating all my mats for my http://www.wowhead.com/?search=netherstrike set. The tendinitis in my wrist now hates me though.:P
Currently a PoE junkie. Wheeeeee
Overall:

Getting two characters from just Honored with the Frostwolves to full Exalted, at level 51/52, in 3 days. Yes, that was more or less non-stop and I am a moron.

Lately:

A week of not joining raids. Beating the addiction feels good.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:As some of you know, gear is unimportant. Looking good is what counts, more than anything.

-snipped image-

-Bolty
:lol:Pimp sets are always required! What else would you wear while waiting around in Ironforge for a raid to start? Surely not your fugly raid gear:rolleyes:
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Soloing Anok'Suten:)

[Image: soloanoksuten.jpg]

Okay, some smartass on general told me it wasn't that great a deal, but as the above screenshot testifies the bugger almost had me.

In fact, if I hadn't kited (read: Ran like a scared forest elf because the sucker resisted a Frost Nova) Anok away from the village, I probably would've been gacked by the called support as I took the screenshot.

/flex
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Levelling my BE hunter from the day TBC debuted to 68 in the same time it took my friend to go from 60-68 with his Tauren hunter....2 months.

Absolutely owning in AB with my warlock.

Getting Honored with Timbermaw Hold so I can do the +15 agi enchant to 1 handed weapons.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation - Henry David Thoreau

Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and at the rate I'm going, I'm going to be invincible.

Chicago wargaming club
Grinding Kurenai rep from 1/21000 Revered to Exalted (21,000 rep) in one 9-hours sitting on a Holy Priest. :P
<span style="color:#33FFFF">Nynaeve <span style="color:#33CC00">70 Draenei Priest <Emeritus>, Stormrage
<span style="color:#33FFFF">Riselar <span style="color:#33CC00">60 Night Elf Druid <Emeritus>, Stormrage
<span style="color:#33FFFF">Dynatos <span style="color:#33CC00">60 Dwarf Warrior <Emeritus>, Stormrage
Quote:Grinding Kurenai rep from 1/21000 Revered to Exalted (21,000 rep) in one 9-hours sitting on a Holy Priest. :P
You're insane.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Having a chain heal crit on the first person for 4657 tonight and breaking 1400 healing on Mogo. Not even fully raid buffed, but darned close. I had a scroll of intellect instead of a mage-cast brilliance on me.:)

Edit: And GG informs me that I can't claim close to fully raid buffed. I didn't have BoK and I didn't have improved divine spirit either. *shakes her fist at the nitpicky hubband* ;) I did have Wrath of Air, Golden Fishsticks, gift of the wild (don't know if it was improved or not), elixir of healing power and the scroll of intellect. I think that was the sum total of my buffs. I really should get some healing augments slapped on the legs, shoulders and bracers though.
Intolerant monkey.
Buying my Swift Blue Elekk at 12:30am on release day.

Grinding to Exalted with the Scryers, then with the Aldor... on the same character.

Soloing Devilsaurs at level 54 with a Balance Druid, before the Balance tree did much, and with zero +damage.
See you in Town,
-Z
Soloing the entire Aldor chain in netherstorm all the way to Socrethar. (Just for closure I tried soloing that as well. *fury splat noise*) Various other solo efforts. (First time killing Mother Smolderweb was pretty damn neat as well, but it got old pretty quick.)

Actually putting my nose down and grinding the gold to by a Staff of Natural Fury. Now all I need is someone to sell it to me. :(

Getting my mage a swift olive raptor felt pretty good as well.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Dropping skinning for herbalism on my paladin (63, now 64), accidentally dropping mining, then grinding both mining and herbalism back to 300+ over last week. :ph34r:

Herbalism is oddly at 370 because green+ herbs are quite findable in Searing Gorge and Burning Steppes, but the veins were a pain to find. Ah well. Duff's at 320 mining, and with his +5 mining gloves, adamantite is no longer safe from him!

Handy macro:

Code:
#showtooltip
/castsequence Find Herbs, Find Minerals
Grinding exalted Argent Dawn on Tichondrius (PvP) mostly outside at the cauldrons. Ok, I'm proud of that and looking back...it was insane as well.

Outside WoW, but related to it: Actually managing to successfully cut down my play time:)
[Image: 398611nxqZf.png]
[Image: 398692clWcy.png]

-=Terenas=-
Saryn - 70 priestess
Tacita - 70 mage

-=Stormrage=-
Bellona - 60 Human Warlock
Raylyn - 21 Human Pries
Aesa - 60 Human Mage
Kirra - 39 Human Warrior
Kalb - 32 Dwarven Priest

-=Tichondrius=-
Zheelu - 52 Troll Rogue
My biggest little acomplishment would have be grinding out the rep for the Winterspring Frostsaber, and being the third on the server to have it.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Grinding exalted Argent Dawn on Tichondrius (PvP) mostly outside at the cauldrons. Ok, I'm proud of that and looking back...it was insane as well.

Outside WoW, but related to it: Actually managing to successfully cut down my play time:)

In the wise words of Bolty.

You're insane.
<span style="color:#33FFFF">Nynaeve <span style="color:#33CC00">70 Draenei Priest <Emeritus>, Stormrage
<span style="color:#33FFFF">Riselar <span style="color:#33CC00">60 Night Elf Druid <Emeritus>, Stormrage
<span style="color:#33FFFF">Dynatos <span style="color:#33CC00">60 Dwarf Warrior <Emeritus>, Stormrage