This One Speaks For Itself...
[Image: skinevade_log.jpg]
Click URL for full screen cap

Oooooh... kay. Dead Clefthoof Bull, which is the size of a small house. Evading an attempt to skin it.

The reason? It died not too far from the river that flows out of Ganadar, I know from previous experience that the river is pretty danged bugged when attacking mobs around it, since they go into full evade mode while still hitting you for everything they've got. It was attacking a Talbuk Thorngrazer that got me into the mess of aggroing the Clefthoof. But as the large screen shows, the Clefthoof actually died some distance away from the river...

Grrr. Beaten by a corpse.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:[Image: skinevade_log.jpg]
Click URL for full screen cap

Oooooh... kay. Dead Clefthoof Bull, which is the size of a small house. Evading an attempt to skin it.

The reason? It died not too far from the river that flows out of Ganadar, I know from previous experience that the river is pretty danged bugged when attacking mobs around it, since they go into full evade mode while still hitting you for everything they've got. It was attacking a Talbuk Thorngrazer that got me into the mess of aggroing the Clefthoof. But as the large screen shows, the Clefthoof actually died some distance away from the river...

Grrr. Beaten by a corpse.

I've seen this. Relog usually gets the corpse where it should be, and your client thinks it's there, too.
--Mav
This kind of de-synching has gotten more common, it appears. It really sucks to have to run around until you find where they really are before they kill you.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:This kind of de-synching has gotten more common, it appears. It really sucks to have to run around until you find where they really are before they kill you.

Another thing hunters have an advantage on since the pet will be where the mob really is most of the time.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Another thing hunters have an advantage on since the pet will be where the mob really is most of the time.
I've found I can even fix it on my hunter. Set pet to attack, passive, and the mob will start following it and wham, it's in the right place. I haven't tested it much, but it seems to work.

On my other characters--as long as they're melee mobs--I run to where I see the mob is, then try to place the actual mob with what I see. (At least that way, I'm in range for looting it.)
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
I keep getting desynch, but not even my pet fixes it. Quite often, I sic my pet on a mob, and he's actually attacking where the mob is standing on my screen I just can't hit the mob with nothing but auto shots.

That's the weirdest part. Only auto shots work on a desynched mob. Nothing else. I keep getting "too far away" or, even weirder, "target too close". Hell. If I'm auto shotting and something's in my DZ, that shouldn't work either.

But I genuinely think that the area around the river is bugged, nothing to do with desynch. I keep picking fights with Talbuks, and as soon as they stroll within spitting distance of the river they go into full evade mode (While still running at me, which never happens if a mob goes into full evade after being kited too far or led into an unretaliable situation) and my pet breaks lock on it. Might try and get a movie of it.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I had a lot of of desynching problems when I was grinding my scryer rep in Eclipse point in SMV. Not sure what's up with that, but I assume that the area is just a big bugged.
Currently a PoE junkie. Wheeeeee