Arcanite Bars & Transmutation Mastery
Does anybody know if the benefits of Transmutation Mastery (Alchemy specialization) apply to transforming Arcanite Bars as well? I.e. if I transform 1 thorium bar and 1 arcane crystal I may get 4 or 5 arcanite bars?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:Does anybody know if the benefits of Transmutation Mastery (Alchemy specialization) apply to transforming Arcanite Bars as well? I.e. if I transform 1 thorium bar and 1 arcane crystal I may get 4 or 5 arcanite bars?
Yes, they do. When making Arcanite Bars for her scepter quest, Cleoboltra got three or four x2 transmute mastery procs. Actually had quite a bit of luck on those, a lot more than primals!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Thanks, that's good to hear:)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:Yes, they do. When making Arcanite Bars for her scepter quest, Cleoboltra got three or four x2 transmute mastery procs. Actually had quite a bit of luck on those, a lot more than primals!

-Bolty

You are doing the Scepter Quest?

/doffs cap to the uber completionist
Quote:You are doing the Scepter Quest?

On Stormrage we just call him "insane":)
Quote:You are doing the Scepter Quest?

That was the easy part. The hard part would be convincing people to farm Dragonkin with me for hours to get the green shard by summoning Eranikus. I was part of that on Stormrage when the server's top guild tried to run that the first time - so many hundreds of people showed up that the server crashed and it was uncompleteable. They had to do it again at a later, unannounced time to get it done.

From what little I saw of it between the 30-seconds-to-cast-a-spell lag spikes, it was pretty awesome. I wanna see it in full.

Ringing the gong would be pretty fun too, even though the reward is useless. I just like seeing content (WTB Naxx raid to see the whole zone, PST).

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote: I just like seeing content (WTB Naxx raid to see the whole zone, PST).

-Bolty

You're paying for it; why not?:)

Hopefully some day I'll get a chance to try a five-man Molten Core or Blackwing Lair, just to see how far we can get:)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:You're paying for it; why not?:)

Hopefully some day I'll get a chance to try a five-man Molten Core or Blackwing Lair, just to see how far we can get:)

Some guildies did a 14-man Molten Core run and killed Domo with little to no trouble. I wasn't there though:(

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:Some guildies did a 14-man Molten Core run and killed Domo with little to no trouble. I wasn't there though:(
I guess Domo's adds are still level 60? Talk about trivial.

From what I hear, guilds of level 70's will have a pretty simple time in Naxxramus until they hit Sapphiron, where they'll still need frost resistance to survive the intense Blizzards. The Heigan dance can also block a bunch of people new to the encounter.

I think of the parts I got to see and think about what a joke the trash would be, and many bosses. Maexxna? The wall wraps would be a mere tickle with the amount of HPs we have now. Sure Patchwerk hits hard, but when tanks have 18,000 hit points there's no real threat.

Someday when we're level 90, it'll be fun to have someone just flat-out tank Razuvious.

-Bolty
Quote:The Heigan dance can also block a bunch of people who don't have perfect connections to the server.
fixed.
Quote:Talk about trivial.

-Bolty

Erm yeah, that's what I was saying. I did not market this as some uberachievement:o

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:Erm yeah, that's what I was saying. I did not market this as some uberachievement:o
Oh, I also didn't mean to come off as poo-pooing it either. Was just thinking out loud of how his guards must be total non-threats now and how that would change the encounter.

Makes me wonder if Executus himself could ever be killable with enough overwhelming DPS.

-Bolty
Quote:Makes me wonder if Executus himself could ever be killable with enough overwhelming DPS.

-Bolty

He can't be killed, there is some mechanic that severely reduces the damage he takes and he also regens health fairly quickly. In the times I tanked him with Lizzy, he never went below 99% even with a second tank, two hunter pets, and two hunters shooting him.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:He can't be killed, there is some mechanic that severely reduces the damage he takes and he also regens health fairly quickly.
That was back when we were all level 60's.

You're telling me that having 1-2 tanks to grab up all the guards, requiring 1 healer to babysit them, 1 healer to babysit the Domo tank(s), and 35-36 level 70 DPS'ers have zero chance of taking him down?

That's my point. What happens when we're all level 80? I think it would be a fun experiment. I like fun experiments. Elitist Jerks tried killing Hakkar with all aspects up and they came damn close before patch 2.0. That stuff is fun :) Would the instance crash if Domo dies? How many millions of HPs does Domo have?

-Bolty
Quote:That was back when we were all level 60's.

You're telling me that having 1-2 tanks to grab up all the guards, requiring 1 healer to babysit them, 1 healer to babysit the Domo tank(s), and 35-36 level 70 DPS'ers have zero chance of taking him down?

That's my point. What happens when we're all level 80? I think it would be a fun experiment. I like fun experiments. Elitist Jerks tried killing Hakkar with all aspects up and they came damn close before patch 2.0. That stuff is fun :) Would the instance crash if Domo dies? How many millions of HPs does Domo have?

-Bolty

How much do you want to bet Domo has the same low HP as A'dal?:)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:That was back when we were all level 60's.

-Bolty

It's also possible (but would be fun to find out) that he just does what the servants in the blasted lands do. Simply become unkillable. I skill weapons on those guys if I have a good way to self heal because you can beat on them all day long. And it is possible to get them to far from the crystal so that you can't you break that to kill them either and they will not die. I remember one being kited to IF and he had hundreds of folks beating on him and he couldn't be killed. Since you need domo alive to get Rags he could be unkillable.

It's also possible (and I would like to find out as well) that you can beat him low enough to make him submit and the guards just go away.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:It's also possible (but would be fun to find out) that he just does what the servants in the blasted lands do. Simply become unkillable. I skill weapons on those guys if I have a good way to self heal because you can beat on them all day long. And it is possible to get them to far from the crystal so that you can't you break that to kill them either and they will not die. I remember one being kited to IF and he had hundreds of folks beating on him and he couldn't be killed. Since you need domo alive to get Rags he could be unkillable.

It's also possible (and I would like to find out as well) that you can beat him low enough to make him submit and the guards just go away.

This is my thought as well. Also, unlike the servants, I bet he'd be more like Golmagg's dogs that heal back to full when they reach 50%. I also seem to recall that damage I was doing was very, very limited from looking at the combat logs (like he had a 95% damage reduction) cause the off tank that wrangles Domo has a very hard time building rage because you just aren't doing any damage to build the rage to do aggro producing moves (unlike the the person that has active control of him at the time).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:-Bolty

/wub

:)

take care
Tarabulus

I'll remember you.
Quote:Some guildies did a 14-man Molten Core run and killed Domo with little to no trouble. I wasn't there though:(

take care
Tarabulus

A hunter friend of mine recalled corehounds being tagged as "tameable", so of course we had to go back to see if he could tame one (You can't, they fixed it). We took a feral druid, a resto druid, a hunter, and a rogue and 4-manned enough trash pulls to get him in range of a corehound. We were going to keep going, but it turns out that all those spawns on a firelord need to be DPS'd. Who'd have thunk it?!