Useful Macros
Quote:I'm not sure what you were using, but this is mine, I'm not sure the last time I checked it, with us not raiding last week, and me going to few instances, but I'm pretty sure it worked the last week. I ripped it from Legedi I believe (definitely from a post in this forum).

Code:
#showtooltip Intervene
/cast [help] Intervene; [target=targettarget, help] Intervene;
/startattack
Damn you're fast! Thanks! :w00t:

~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:I'm not sure what you were using, but this is mine, I'm not sure the last time I checked it, with us not raiding last week, and me going to few instances, but I'm pretty sure it worked the last week. I ripped it from Legedi I believe (definitely from a post in this forum).

Code:
#showtooltip Intervene
/cast [help] Intervene; [target=targettarget, help] Intervene;
/startattack
Eh. That works? The conditionals check target's target?

I'm pretty sure it won't work, but I haven't tested it (my warrior doesn't have Intervene yet). But to fix the syntax:

Code:
/cast [help] Intervene; [harm,target=targettarget] Intervene

That should do it. When your target is friendly, it Intervenes your target. When your target is hostile, it Intervenes your target's target.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Some macros I've been using on my pally as of late:

Code:
/cast [target=target,help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense

Casts Righteous Defense on your target's target. I suppose this could work if you had a friendly targetted, but in reality it mostly just changes it so that it functions more or less the same way a Warrior's Taunt or bear's Growl would function. No need to switch targets or do a mouseover thing or anything. Very handy.

Code:
/cast [harm] Avenger's Shield
/stopmacro [noharm]
/s Pulling %t

Just a basic pulling macro, useful for PUGs to help your DPS all line up on your target since it seems some don't know how to assist properly. It'd probably get annoying if you were to use it in an organized guild run, however:)

Code:
/cast [modifier:alt,target=player] Flash of Light; [target=target,help] Flash of Light; [target=targettarget,help] Flash of Light; [target=player] Flash of Light

I don't personally use this one (yet), but some of the other pallies in our guild use it. Basically, if you hold alt and click it, you heal yourself (I already have ALT as my self-cast key, so I'd probably remove that bit when I start to use it.) If your target is friendly, it heals your target. If your target is not friendly, but your target's target is, it will heal your target's target. And if none of those are true, you heal yourself.

Code:
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,help] Cleanse; [help] Cleanse; [target=player]Cleanse

Basic mouseover macro for dispelling and curing. I can't imagine trying to efficiently dispel and cure without it.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
That "target=target" stuff is completely redundant, y'know. If it doesn't have a target specified in the macro, it defaults to that.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:That should do it. When your target is friendly, it Intervenes your target. When your target is hostile, it Intervenes your target's target.
You target friendlies with your warrior? :blink: Bandaging is the only thing I (very, very rarely) do by targeting a friendly, and I have to open up my bag to bandage someone else, as my only bandage button is a self bandage macro. Although, by tweaking the macro your way, it would be better for trying to eat Kargath's random attacks (he doesn't have a target when he does his crazy charge around the room) on my healer.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Quote:Eh. That works? The conditionals check target's target?

I'm pretty sure it won't work, but I haven't tested it (my warrior doesn't have Intervene yet). But to fix the syntax:

Code:
/cast [help] Intervene; [harm,target=targettarget] Intervene

That should do it. When your target is friendly, it Intervenes your target. When your target is hostile, it Intervenes your target's target.

When you put a "target=targettarget" or similar conditional in a macro, any target qualifiers after it are performed on the specified new target. My Charge macro actually has a rather odd conditional to assist a friendly before charging:

Code:
/target [help, target=targettarget, harm] targettarget

If you just use [help, target=targettarget] you run into problems if your targetted friendly is also targetting a friendly, but if you use [target=targettarget, harm] you run into problems charging Gladiators in SH or Sunfury Initiates in Shadowmoon as they target other enemies. The Intervene macro you suggest could run into the same problem and should use the previously suggested form of checking for a friendly targettarget, not a harm target or preferably both.
Quote:When you put a "target=targettarget" or similar conditional in a macro, any target qualifiers after it are performed on the specified new target. My Charge macro actually has a rather odd conditional to assist a friendly before charging:

Code:
/target [help, target=targettarget, harm] targettarget

If you just use [help, target=targettarget] you run into problems if your targetted friendly is also targetting a friendly, but if you use [target=targettarget, harm] you run into problems charging Gladiators in SH or Sunfury Initiates in Shadowmoon as they target other enemies. The Intervene macro you suggest could run into the same problem and should use the previously suggested form of checking for a friendly targettarget, not a harm target or preferably both.
I see. Yes, the double check would be obvious in that case.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Darkmoon Faire-EU: