shackle macro
/cast [target=focus,exists,nodead] Shackle Undead(Rank 3); Shackle Undead(Rank 3)

what this does is shackle your currently focused target if it still exists in the game world and if it's not dead.. unfortunately there's no way to check range (that I know of), so if the target is out of range the macro just fails.

If your focus target is dead, or doesn't exist for some other reason (phased out of the world or something), then the macro allows you to cast shackle on your currently selected target.

to "focus" on a target, acquire your target and type /focus, the target's portrait will glow white, letting you know you've "focused" on it, and it will stay focused until you die, or the unit dies. So far I've confirmed that the phasing ghosts in Karazhan we'll encounter later keep focus even when they're not in view at the time.

the neat thing about this macro,is it allows you to cast shackle on your focus without changing your current target, so you could be healing somebody, hit the shackle key, and heal that person again extremely quickly since you wouldn't lose your heal target during the shackle.
Quote:So far I've confirmed that the phasing ghosts in Karazhan we'll encounter later keep focus even when they're not in view at the time.
This was broken in 2.1. When setting a ghost as my focus target, pre-2.1 the ghost could phase out and when it returned, it would still be my focus target.

Now, when it phases out, it drops the focus permanently. I have to re-set it as the focus after the pull. This is pretty irritating, and my raidmates can attest to my complaining about it this week. Especially when a pull is done while my to-be-shackled target is phased out, it costs me additional time to acquire and shackle it when it phases in.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:This was broken in 2.1. When setting a ghost as my focus target, pre-2.1 the ghost could phase out and when it returned, it would still be my focus target.

Now, when it phases out, it drops the focus permanently. I have to re-set it as the focus after the pull. This is pretty irritating, and my raidmates can attest to my complaining about it this week. Especially when a pull is done while my to-be-shackled target is phased out, it costs me additional time to acquire and shackle it when it phases in.

-Bolty

Detect Invs from warlocks lets you see these guys when they phase out. I swore we tested it first time we saw them and it didn't work. But last night we tried it again, and it did. :rolleyes:
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
On that note, I've been kicking around with a macro idea, but I don't know API nearly well enough to be able to be able to implement it. The basic algorithm is:

* Tab to a target
* Using GetRaidTargetIndex(), see if the target has <insert shackle symbol here>
* If yes, set to focus and end
* If no, Tab to next target

It honestly feels a bit like cheating... :P This plus a second macro would make CC brainless... just update whatever the symbol # is for that particular raid/group, hit that macro during the pull, and keep rehitting your shackle focus macro. *shrug* I'm sure there's a way to integrate the two macros into one, too, if in fact my hypothetical macro were possible.
It isn't possible. It's a so-called "fall-through" or "dumb logic" macro and they specifically banned those.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Good to know, as I was posting that I was thinking "oh they probably screwed this up!" and sure enough they did! Good to know detect invis works now though.
Is there another addon that needs to be preinstalled before the macro to work? Tried the script and had no luck.
[Image: 526570sDGCk.png]
[Image: 1352309oVlWE.png]
I used a version similar last night with success:

Pre-pull, target your shackle target and /focus

The macro is: /cast [target=focus] Shackle Undead

After the pull I found myself having to type /focus again to get rid of my focused targed
[Image: 398611nxqZf.png]
[Image: 398692clWcy.png]

-=Terenas=-
Saryn - 70 priestess
Tacita - 70 mage

-=Stormrage=-
Bellona - 60 Human Warlock
Raylyn - 21 Human Pries
Aesa - 60 Human Mage
Kirra - 39 Human Warrior
Kalb - 32 Dwarven Priest

-=Tichondrius=-
Zheelu - 52 Troll Rogue
This is mine -- if you don't have a focus or if it is bogus, it will set it to your target before casting. Also includes a stopcasting to keep me from finishing whatever I'm doing if I need to shackle NOW.

#showtooltip Shackle Undead
/clearfocus [target=focus,dead]
/clearfocus [target=focus,noexists]
/focus [target=focus,noexists]
/stopcasting
/cast [target=focus] Shackle Undead