Arena Season 2 gear

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topi...g1347;topicseen

This is the first season where PvP gear starts looking pretty equivalent to T4 level PvE gear... so we might see even more competition in the 'midrange' of arenas as more PvE'ers look to supplement their gear via PvP.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topi...g1347;topicseen

This is the first season where PvP gear starts looking pretty equivalent to T4 level PvE gear... so we might see even more competition in the 'midrange' of arenas as more PvE'ers look to supplement their gear via PvP.

/drool

They've even put some mana regen on my gear! Must. Get. More. POINTS! (and just generally get better all around;))
Intolerant monkey.
Every PvE player out there has a reason to run arenas now. The weapons are just one hell of an upgrade over the current crop of early raid drops, and a surer thing than the later ones.
See you in Town,
-Z
So is 18k a lot of honor from Eye of the Storm? Should I start grinding now or just hold my beath that A team gets the hurricane boots pattern and is cool with selling it to me?
Currently a PoE junkie. Wheeeeee
Quote:So is 18k a lot of honor from Eye of the Storm? Should I start grinding now or just hold my beath that A team gets the hurricane boots pattern and is cool with selling it to me?

Hmm, let me see. On a holiday weekend, winning an EotS match will net me (as a healer, running around keeping polite warriors and rogues alive) 1k or more. The nice thing about EotS is that almost winning (i.e., losing by a slim margin) will also net around 1k. Games last 30 minutes to an hour (queue times, etc.), so if you just pace with me, it'll take about 18-20 hours of holiday PvP to reach 18k.
Some observations:
Mage, Warlock, Priest, and Druid sets have itemization spent on armor.

The throwing weapon was made 1.4 speed. It's inferior to the Season 1 version.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Oh man, I need to get in an Arena team. The feral chestpiece and legs are far and away better than what I am currently using..
-TheDragoon
Quote:Some observations:
Mage, Warlock, Priest, and Druid sets have itemization spent on armor.

The throwing weapon was made 1.4 speed. It's inferior to the Season 1 version.
What a waste. 1k armor isn't going to make one bit of difference against 97dps 1 handers... Although I think I will hold off on getting my rogue his weapon. That mace will look nice with his level 68 of the bandit gear. :whistling:
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:So is 18k a lot of honor from Eye of the Storm? Should I start grinding now or just hold my beath that A team gets the hurricane boots pattern and is cool with selling it to me?

Well you can get honor however, only the marks matter if you need EOTS marks. I get somewhere around 500 honor per hour on non-holidays and that moved up to about 1300 an hour on AV weekend. Other weekends are somewhere in-between.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Quote:What a waste. 1k armor isn't going to make one bit of difference against 97dps 1 handers...

I disagree. Armor does more when you're starting at a low number. I think the armor will make a significant difference considering rogues, warriors, and hunters are the largest threat to clothies. 1000 armor is double the natural armor my priest has. It pushes up to the point where you're getting close to 20% naturally, then have some magic armor on top of that. Arena clad clothies will definitely have more armor than rogues now.

As a priest who is often 1st focus fire, I welcome the armor addition.
Is there healing weapon reward from any BG or honor or arenas? I know there was a level 60 grand marshal healing mace but I don't see anything in the level 70 range, in mace or staff.
As a long time PvPer who enjoys the good fight, and who has more recently fallen off the BG circuit...

The BG's really suck these days, at least from my perspective. People are trying to rack up the honor points as fast as they can... get games over with as quickly as they can so they can move onto the next game... race AV games where you don't even run into a single player opponent... *sigh*. It's the same as back in the day when I did the grind for rank (all for the sake of some good feral gear)... except now it's widespread to everyone. And at least before cross-realm battlegrounds you had a better chance of running up against the opposing faction's team as well... which at least gave you a tough fight. Back when BG's first came out and I ran solo, and the opposing honor farming team would be what you'd encounter 80% of the games... everyone'd be yelling 'let them win'... I was in the small minority who preferred to put up a fight. Forget honor points and reputation... I want to have a good fight.

AV these days is just race game these days most of the time. The occasional one draws out into a stalemate, and only rarely do you get that good balance of offense and defense to make it interesting.

EotS is a lot more susceptible to the clueless player (watch how many fight for the flag when you don't have the number of towers you need to get a win)... and the crowd node capturing mechanism makes it much more difficult for a single player to make a difference.

AB I still enjoy the most. As a single player you can run a determined defense long enough for help to run over, or sometimes take over a node (unlike the player numbering of EotS where you absolutely have to kill that other player or two or else that capture bar will or will not be moving). Yeah, stupid moves by players can still easily lose the game, but it's more salvagable than EotS.

WSG... well, as druid I'm often relegated to flagrunning, and most players end up thinking 'someone else can get the flag, I'll just run around killing stuff midfield'.

I find I have the most fun with small (2-5 player) groups in AB/WSG. Running a full group that wins everything nets some good honor points, but quite frankly is no fun. The small group gives you at least some ability to coordinate and control things yet leaves enough uncertainty that you're not going to get a guaranteed win.

Honor points? I think I've bought 2 items since BC came out... the new trinket, and a set of boots...

/wishes for more fun PvP. World PvP is dead for the most part. BG's are all about points. Arenas can offer some decent fights, but when your unstacked team can't do much against the sacked teams... (they really should make it best 2 out of 3 with no cooldown resets at least...)
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Quote:I find I have the most fun with small (2-5 player) groups in AB/WSG. Running a full group that wins everything nets some good honor points, but quite frankly is no fun. The small group gives you at least some ability to coordinate and control things yet leaves enough uncertainty that you're not going to get a guaranteed win.

This is the only way I enjoy BGs right now. A lot of the best ABs and EoS games have been just me and a healer. Usually when our group gets up to 5+ people it starts getting easy. I still do queue solo at time, but I just expect a bad game. At least then if we win I'm surprised.

It's all about expectations. Right now queues for BGs on my server are much lower than they used to be pre-expansion. So when I have a 5-10 minute wait for a game of AB I'm happy.
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
shrug. I go around and gank outdoors if I want some fun fights. I do BGs for honor, and arenas for arena points. If you're on a PvE server, I feel sorry for you:(
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:shrug. I go around and gank outdoors if I want some fun fights. I do BGs for honor, and arenas for arena points. If you're on a PvE server, I feel sorry for you:(

PvP server here... but not really my style to go around ganking randoms all over. I guess I just miss the whole objective-oriented fighting that is part of the design of AB/WSG... where it's not solely about killing everyone and everything... and the world zone PvP objectives don't do anything for that.

Having had that when teams ran BGs, and then having it disappear (cross-server BG's to some extent, and then everyone jumping over to arenas, where the objective is only about killing the opponents)... it's disappointing.

I suppose I'm part of the small minority (at least among the players I know) who think this way, unfortunately. For everyone else it's the loot (once they get it they leave), or the whole 'kill, kill, kill!' mindset.
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.