Bear raid tanking discussion
Well even though I tank as a warrior here is how I tend to look at myself for gearing up:

1) Do I die from healers going OOM? Get more armor and more avoidance.
2) Do I die often from taking a sting of hits that does more damage than the healers can keep up with? Get more avoidance and armor.
3) Do I die from huge spike damage? get more armor and HP.

From my experience I die most often to 3, then some times to 2, and almost never from 1. So I prioritize HP and armor. Avoidance is nice, and pretty helpful. But IMO you can always use more HP and armor (of course I don't have to worry about the armor cap. Can druids actually get to that 35900 armor cap?)

My general advice for any tank.
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
Quote:Well even though I tank as a warrior here is how I tend to look at myself for gearing up:

1) Do I die from healers going OOM? Get more armor and more avoidance.
2) Do I die often from taking a sting of hits that does more damage than the healers can keep up with? Get more avoidance and armor.
3) Do I die from huge spike damage? get more armor and HP.

From my experience I die most often to 3, then some times to 2, and almost never from 1. So I prioritize HP and armor. Avoidance is nice, and pretty helpful. But IMO you can always use more HP and armor (of course I don't have to worry about the armor cap. Can druids actually get to that 35900 armor cap?)

My general advice for any tank.

And it's good advice. My experience matches.
--Mav
Quote:Alliera... please.
:blink:

That is impressive. Consider my comment retracted.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote::blink:

That is impressive. Consider my comment retracted.

Ehh... except for the part where you said "best possible gear" you were essentially right. Does anybody care if Nilhinium doesn't need to use shield block on their weekly Illidain farming attempts for the next 2 months until they get bored?

Of course I don't know what warrior itemization is like in mid tier 5ish.
Quote:Ehh... except for the part where you said "best possible gear" you were essentially right. Does anybody care if Nilhinium doesn't need to use shield block on their weekly Illidain farming attempts for the next 2 months until they get bored?

Of course I don't know what warrior itemization is like in mid tier 5ish.
Well yes, but I didn't think it was possible at all.

And Nihilum aren't the only ones getting T6.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:And Nihilum aren't the only ones getting T6.

They are the only ones with T6 chests. Though I'm not going to spend all day on WoWhead seeing if its possible without that piece.
Quote:They are the only ones with T6 chests. Though I'm not going to spend all day on WoWhead seeing if its possible without that piece.
It is possible. The list is a compilation of the highest avoidance/block pieces available, not an actual gear recommendation.

Regards,
~Frag B)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.