GUIDE: The lore and locations of Tier 4-7
Absolutely wonderful post from the WoW EU boards
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?t...296371298&sid=1

This type of analysis seems unique to WoW, can't remember the public Diablo 2 boards ever being quite so autoritatively wrong as this

Quoted in case it gets nuked

Quote:TIER 4

The Tier 4 set of armor comes from three different raids.

Karazhan: A sprawling tower reminiscent of the Castlevania series by Konami, this tower was once home to the wizard and prophet, Medivh. It becamse haunted when Medivh was kidnapped by the Burning Legion.
A big Robot named the Curator drops the Tier 4 gloves token, and a large evil Dranei named Prince Malchazzar drops ther Tier 4 Helm Token.
Also there is an event in the tower named the ooperah were players fight the evil red hood werewolf.

Gruul's Lair:

The first Boss here is High King Maulgar, he has four other ogre friends as well. Needless to say you need to tank Maulgar, kill Blindeye first while interrupting, have some hunters tank Kiggler (kill him last) have warlock with lots of Hp tank mage, and warlock enslaved pets tank Olm. He drops the Tier 4 Shoulder Token.

Gruul the Dragonkiller is a Gronn who has seven children, he is also lord of all the ogres. He is a very powerful and difficult foe, and he drops the Tier 4 Legs token. Right now he is almost impossible to kill and not worth fighting until they nerf him in an upcoming patch.

Magtheridon:

This enslaved demon is an old friend of Mannoroth, who got killed by Thrall's brother Gorehowlwho was wielding the doomhammer in a final act of defiance against fel Blood. But now, Allidan is up to his old tricks, creating a fel orc army out of Magthridon's Blood, in the Blood Furnace instance. He drops the tier 4 chest piece token.

TIER 5

It is currently believed that the Tier 5 set items drop from various bosses in Serpent Shrine Cavern. Located behind a waterfall in Serpent Lake, In coilfang Reservoir, this instance is like Molten Core only with water as it's theme. The trash mobs drop Nether Vortex allowing you to upgrade your Deep Thunder into Stormharold. Lady Vashj is the final boss of this instance, and she hasn't been killed yet on any server and my friend told me she drops a legenray bow.

You must kill Gruul and Nightbane in order to enter Serpent Shrine Cavern.

Tier 5 is also rumored to be dropped by Kael'thas, leader of the evil Blood Elf race and the other liutenant of Alliadin besides Lady Vashj. This takes place in the Dranei's spaceship which has since been overrun by the blood elves, and many creatures of day and fire such as a Phoenix who drops a phoenix mount and you can ride it.

TIER 6

Once you defeat Lady Vashj, and Kael'thas, you can collect the Vials of Eternity and attune yourself to Mount Hyjal. This consists of going back in time to a very famous battle where many people teamed together to stop Archimonde. Archimonde is one of the oldest US servers and therefore extremely hard. Many people are excited about doing the Battle of Mount Hyjal, no one has seen it yet, and what it contains besides Tier 6 Armor is mostly speculation.

TIER 7

The black Temple, residing in the heart of Shadowmoon Valley used to be a famous Dranei Temple, but it is now the base of operations for one Allidan, who has been crazed since his defeat at the hands of Arthas. Arthas still resides in northrend commanding the scourge. In order to have a shot at defeating Arthas in a future expansion (Circa level 90-100) the players must first defeat Allidan in the black temple. He is making Demon Hunters out of Blood elves, commanding legions of the Burning Legion, and doing other horrific things. This instnace will come into the game in a future content patch.

Thank you for reading the comprehensive lore behind these raid instances, ask me if you have any more questions - and good luck getting your Tier'ed Raid sets!

EDIT: Edited to include Magthredon drops Tier 4 chest piece token. Also - feel free to submit any corrections to this, or bump it for a sticky so people know where Tier Armor comes from
"the ooperah"? :lol:
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:Archimonde is one of the oldest US servers and therefore extremely hard

A diamond among the gems of that thread:)

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:The trash mobs drop Nether Vortex allowing you to upgrade your Deep Thunder into Stormharold.

Storm Harold and Maude?