Terenas - Karazhan followup.
Sorry for the short notice, looking to head in to do Curator and possibly one more boss afterwards.

8pm Server

Cheers,
~Frag B)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.

I'm available if needed. Specific interests include Illhoof/Nightbane/Prince, but I also need more rep to get the exalted ring.
--Mav
I should be able to help
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Got room for a fire mage?
I would like to go.
Looks like I might be able to make it, if needed.
Moors ~ Blood Knight, Terenas
Sinomin ~ Rogue, Terenas

I stab!
I've got a possible prior commitment at 9 or so, but I'd love to come in for a boss or two (Curator and Aran are my top needs).
I'm there.
ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT
I am there to help...there is no loot from Curator I want or need but all the other bosses have items that I could use. Also have never seen anything past Aran/Chest dead
Curator Kill, one shot.

Azzlea
Shamadros - Shards from Forest Wind Spaulders
Necrali
Moors - T4 Glove Foo
Caswyddiana
Marntruehorn
Keshoga
Tiga
Malodius

Shade of Aran Kill, three shot.

Marntruehorn
Mogoraindyn
Johnybeef
Dagorthan
Shamdaros
Azzlea
Fractional
Caswyddiana - Boots of Infernal Coven
Keshoga
Necrali - Mantle of the Mind Flayer

Nightbane, multi-attempt, no kill.

Johnybeef
Isolde
Durambar
Marntruehorn
Torenia
Fractional
Necrali
Azzlea
Caswyddiana
Keshoga
Xarhud
Yuri
Vinniejones

Thanks for attending, hope you had a good time and sorry things didn't go smoother,
~Frag :(
Quote:Thanks for attending, hope you had a good time and sorry things didn't go smoother,
~Frag :(
Thanks for leading this. I know it wasn't easy with all the roster juggling that was done.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Quote:Thanks for leading this. I know it wasn't easy with all the roster juggling that was done.

/signed

So everyone who was there knew that I ended up extremely frustrated with Nightbane. However, I think this was the most valuable raid I've been on in a while. Even though we didn't end up with a kill this time, I now understand something that has bothered me about that fight for a while.

Neither Fractional nor I really understood how the Smoking Blast worked. I'm pretty certain we weren't the only ones who were confused, but we were the ones that mattered there. I had thought that once it had chosen its target (as the highest heal aggro since takeoff) that it would stick there. So after the smoking blast begins, I've figured I was free to heal as much as I wanted. So it stands to reason that I have always ended up tanking them (and therefore not believing what I've been told about them).

Mix that with the fact that Fractional was expecting us to heal him (rather than heal himself) as he was tanking the skellies as well, and our problems are explained. Funny how even after a bunch of kills I still misunderstood this.

Next time I try nightbane, I would like to position one main healer on the opposite side of Nightbane. This would allow one of the healers to outrange the fear. Currently we are all on the side with the raid. We can reach everyone, but to have the tank in range we are within fear range. Generally we just handle that -- Nightbane doesn't hit that hard and we usually have 3 healers.

But it happens fairly often that I am feared into charred earth, or feared into a tail swipe. Potentially you could be feared into a cleave (which is instadeath for me at least). The main reason it helps a lot to have three healers is to handle the damage spikes while healers are moving out of charred earth or handling fears.

Having one healer that doesn't need to worry about a fear would give us a nice cushion. We get a combination of a couple bad charred earths and a fear, and the tank goes without heals for too long.

Hey why don't we use fear ward?

I take full responsibility for the fact that I didn't explain Smoking Blast further, the entire fight-plan frankly.

Sorry,
~Frag;)
Quote:Hey why don't we use fear ward?

Great idea! Why don't you get on that, you n00b!
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Quote:Hey why don't we use fear ward?
l2dwarf.
-TheDragoon
Quote:l2dwarf.

Well, hey, they got elves, so then we got elves too, only in red, instead of blue.

So, apply the same logic to dwarves, and...

:whistling:

-Jester
I WANT UNDEAD GNOMES!!!!

Oh yeah, and I'm telling you I got more hate mail from Illhoof. That bastard is taunting me.
Currently a PoE junkie. Wheeeeee
Quote:l2dwarf or l2draenei.

Fixed.
--Mav
Quote:Fixed.
Dwarves have better hair. *nods*
Intolerant monkey.
No one wants to be a space goat.
-TheDragoon