Castro Dead
Quote:The sentence in question being: "I think US minded Cubans in Miami are accountable for many more murders of US citizens than Castro's Cubans."
Funnily enough, people in the US are responsible for more murders in the US than people from elsewhere.

Big Effing Deal.

Eppie posted a non sequitur. Why are you defending that bit of idiocy?

Quote:Not that I think Eppie is correct on this matter generally. But I'm not sure that's the sentence that demonstrates he is biased.
I see. You'll rely on a single sentence in full view of his Eurotrash drivel in this thread?

Uh, I am not buying it: who are you, and what did you do with the real Jester?

EDIT: Per Archon's explanation below, never mind.

DR
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:
Funnily enough, people in the US are responsible for more murders in the US than people from elsewhere.

Big Effing Deal.

I see. You'll rely on a single sentence in full view of his Eurotrash drivel in this thread?

DR

Occhi, Jester's response is no longer accurate because I edited my post. I originally had bolded the sentence in question and made a few snide comments about it (that being the sentence he had quoted). It was not because eppie said something intelligent, but because I didn't really fit it in right with the rest of my post-- sort of a knee jerk reaction which wasn't helped by the rest of his post.I apologize for any loss of hair.

Edit: Clarity, I sure hope.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:Funnily enough, people in the US are responsible for more murders in the US than people from elsewhere.

Big Effing Deal.

EDIT: Per Archon's explanation below, never mind.
DR

Uh...

Eppie posted a sentence, that, if banal, is true.

Archon Wing pointed to it as evidence that Eppie was biased.

I said Eppie was off base, but that the sentence Archon Wing indicated was not good evidence for it.

What is your point?

-Jester
Quote:The same as plastic shoes have.

But if you find it all right to complain about a country you (or me) haven't been to (or maybe you went once to lie on the beach) whereas I cannot post things about a country that I have been to many times, than I will stop now.

And you know my position. I know that the thread was posted as just the notification of a fact or rumour, but I have been around here long enough that many people find it amusing to continue saying how bad some countries are. I think that (if you are American) discussing about how bad Castro is, him being leader of 'an enemy state', knowing that your governments pays journalists in Miami and Cuba to write what it (your government) wants so knowing that you will have no correct information, and that this same country suffers from boycots imposed by your country, just does not make sense. I mean you might be right, the things that are said about Cuba might be true, but to put it nicely, the source is not very reliable.
At least the plastic shoes are from Cuba, and I think they are the next third world fad after adopting black babies from Africa becomes passe. It was my commentary on being worried about fruit flies and potholes. We have nothing to fear from Cuba, since it sustains itself mostly with currency shipped from the US anyway. By the way eppie, in case you haven't noticed, not ALL journalists are mouth pieces of the Bush administration.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:By the way eppie, in case you haven't noticed, not ALL journalists are mouth pieces of the Bush administration.

Freedom of the Press?

Blasphemy! :P
Quote:But of course, stupidity and ignorance lives well in the country I reside in, just like any other place with people in it.

I really like that bit.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.