Undocumented 2.2 Features
Quote:I think something got changed with the UI scale. I manually repositioned everything, but I saw a blue post suggesting that you manually adjust your UI scale to 90%.

I think I've figured out what has happened. I started playing around with wide formats and what I observed fits without my thoughts on this, 1920x1200 is now displaying at 1920x1080 and 1920x1080 is now displaying as a 4x3 format (thinking 1600x1200, but can't confirm).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Not really an undocumented feature but AV is a lot more fun with the reporting feature.

Sure many of the games are still zergs but actually having a chance to win is sooooo much better. Games seem to run in the 15-30 minute range now. Horde doesn't always win but it's been a crap ton more fun.

We'll see if the report feature keeps it happy.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Here's one heck of a "feature" that didn't make it into the patch notes.

15 minutes into the fight with Illidan, he shouts that you've taken too long, and will now fail... then he berzerks, gains 500% damage and 150% attack speed.

Look at WWS reports of Illidan kills and see how many were in less than 15 minutes. Keep in mind this was with Haste in its previous form and some using rogues with both the Blades of Azzinoth.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:I noticed last night that the Inn in Booty Bay is no longer flagged as an inn (I don't get the rest notification anymore).

W<

It was for me last night.
Tigole says they are looking into Illidan. Also: Zul'Aman will probably hit the PTR the first week of October:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...1&pageNo=16#317
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...1&pageNo=18#357

They're changing the Berserk timer to 25 minutes in a hotfix.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:That's been the Honored price for all of Burning Crusade.
I had a feeling just after I hit post that that change was probably made months ago and I just never noticed. It doesn't lessen my pleasure at the discovery though.:D
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:I had a feeling just after I hit post that that change was probably made months ago and I just never noticed. It doesn't lessen my pleasure at the discovery though.:D
Can you imagine if they lowered the Master riding skill by 40%? Epic flying 3000g instead of 5000g? I'd be a bit pissed about the extra 2k I speant to get my main one, but I'd be happy to be able to get my alt one, too.
Terenas (pst !enchant <keywords> or !craft <keywords> to any of my characters)
Shimoyake 375 SW Tailor / 375 Enchanter (Exalted w/ Scryer, CE, Sha'tar, Thrallmar, LC, VE; Revered w/ KoT)
[Image: 551160rumOC.png]
Shikigami 375 SW Tailor / 375 Skinner (Honored w/ Aldor)
[Image: 551176xgSAM.png]
Kosokoso 375 Alchemist / 375 Herbalist (Revered with CE)
[Image: 551190IuloU.png]
et alts
Quote:Can you imagine if they lowered the Master riding skill by 40%? Epic flying 3000g instead of 5000g? I'd be a bit pissed about the extra 2k I speant to get my main one, but I'd be happy to be able to get my alt one, too.
That would be great, and who knows, if bliz introduce zepplin mounts! in WotLK it just might happen! (Being able to get your epic flying mount on unfinished level 70 questing alone would take some of the joy/relief out of aquiring it though.)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Warden's Arrows now soulbind which sucks.

I used to buy about a weeks supply of them from the CE quartermaster than mail them to an alt and bounce them back so I could restock arrows from any mailbox. But now if I need a restock I have to go back to Cenarion Post. Annoying and pointless change as you still needed to be revered with CE to use them. Soulbinding them is just an annoyance.
---
Quote:Warden's Arrows now soulbind which sucks.

I used to buy about a weeks supply of them from the CE quartermaster than mail them to an alt and bounce them back so I could restock arrows from any mailbox. But now if I need a restock I have to go back to Cenarion Post. Annoying and pointless change as you still needed to be revered with CE to use them. Soulbinding them is just an annoyance.

Which means I can no longer bum them off Quark when I've forgotten to buy them on Shal.:(
Quote:Which means I can no longer bum them off Quark when I've forgotten to buy them on Shal.:(

Pfft, not like I carried any ammo once I switched to a throwing weapon.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Pfft, not like I carried any ammo once I switched to a throwing weapon.

So I can "Liuv" you for pulls?
AV was... interesting. I only played for day, then I finished grinding out the honour for my Veteran's Pendant.

The AV race is now more of an all-out sprint, and the Horde certainly seemed to be winning a respectable share of their games. After about a half a dozen games, I realised the actual winner of the match was largely irrelevant, and the real battle was to cap all the towers and kill all the Lieutenants before the game ended to get maximum honor for your time. (Did you know you can honor from objectives that cap even after one of the generals dies?).

Of course for the most part this meant that there was even less PVP in the pvp battlefield than usual.

Chris
Quote:AV was... interesting. I only played for day, then I finished grinding out the honour for my Veteran's Pendant.

The AV race is now more of an all-out sprint, and the Horde certainly seemed to be winning a respectable share of their games. After about a half a dozen games, I realised the actual winner of the match was largely irrelevant, and the real battle was to cap all the towers and kill all the Lieutenants before the game ended to get maximum honor for your time. (Did you know you can honor from objectives that cap even after one of the generals dies?).

Of course for the most part this meant that there was even less PVP in the pvp battlefield than usual.

Chris

AV weekend will always be like that. Non weekend matches you actually see some defense.
---
Quote:AV weekend will always be like that. Non weekend matches you actually see some defense.

Because people are idiots and don't realize that AV isn't there for anything except easymode honor<_<
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:Because people are idiots and don't <span style="color:#FFCC00">care that AV <span style="color:#FFCC00">is there for anything except easymode honor<_<
There, fixed it for you. And it will always be that way as long as Blizzard awards hanging out with better equipment than most will ever get questing/raiding. They know full well what Blizzard presents it as and also know that it is really an equipment factory.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:There, fixed it for you. And it will always be that way as long as Blizzard awards hanging out with better equipment than most will ever get questing/raiding. They know full well what Blizzard presents it as and also know that it is really an equipment factory.

I'd be hard-pressed to call BG/Season 1 equipment to be at all significantly better then quest/raid gear in PvE. I know that I don't use the pieces I have there, that's for sure.

In PvP it's clearly superior... But a bit cyclical.
Quote:I'd be hard-pressed to call BG/Season 1 equipment to be at all significantly better then quest/raid gear in PvE. I know that I don't use the pieces I have there, that's for sure.

In PvP it's clearly superior... But a bit cyclical.

This depends highly on the gear you have access to.

The vast majority of the playerbase has access only to Kara gear, some even less than that. Even then you need it to drop. The majority of players see significant PvE benefit from Veteran's gear and such from honor.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:This depends highly on the gear you have access to.

The vast majority of the playerbase has access only to Kara gear, some even less than that. Even then you need it to drop. The majority of players see significant PvE benefit from Veteran's gear and such from honor.

With my pre-Kara blues, on a mage, I tend to lose a few points of spell damage, get a few points of spell crit (that result in lower damage overall), and trade a bunch of +Int for +Sta, in comparison to the honor rewards.

Season 1 arena gear's a bit better in that department, but not by much. A few points aren't a big factor.