2.3 Patch Notes
Arcane Shot forces a Warsong Gulch flag carrier to drop the flag! This is because carrying the flag is a "buff", and Arcane Shot dispels *anything*. LOL!

Wait, excuse me...

LOL!

Man I wish I had a Hunter to screw around with flag carriers...

Shamans cannot re-cast Earth Shield on a friendly that already has Earth Shield. D'oh.

How did this not get caught during testing?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Shamans cannot re-cast Earth Shield on a friendly that already has Earth Shield. D'oh.

How did this not get caught during testing?

-Bolty

The same is true of Prayer of Mending.

The patch notes say you can't overwrite something that has more healing than yours, however the reality is that you can't overwrite anything with EQUAL TO or more healing than yours

So if ProM bounces around and ends up on you with 1 bounce left and 5 seconds remaining, you CANNOT refresh it yourself unless you click it off then cast.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:The same is true of Prayer of Mending.

The patch notes say you can't overwrite something that has more healing than yours, however the reality is that you can't overwrite anything with EQUAL TO or more healing than yours

So if ProM bounces around and ends up on you with 1 bounce left and 5 seconds remaining, you CANNOT refresh it yourself unless you click it off then cast.

Ouch. It's not as bad with ES (though there are times when I want to refresh it when it still has charges up) but that sucks for ProM.

I'll have to take Marn into WSG. I've messed with him in AB, AV and EotS, but making a carrier drop the flag, that's huge and they won't let it last long so I have to abuse it for a bit before they fix it. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:How did this not get caught during testing?

-Bolty
Testing? When did they start testing any of this?
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:Some bugs:
Sounds are still screwy. Last night with both hardware sound on and then (later) software sound, some sound effects would get "stuck" in a place in a dungeon. Like channeling or throwing noises, stuck on an infinite loop in a specific place.

-Bolty

For the last few months I have had a problem with sound effects getting stuck. When 2.3 came out I set the hardware option and have had no more stuck sounds. I sometimes hear a pop or crackle but the sound is far superior to frequent lockups.

Edit: Now that a few more days have gone by since 2.3, I have experienced two times when the sound got stuck. However it still seems less of a problem than before the patch.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
And don't forget that Hunters now have a ranged Mortal Strike as an 11 point talent in Marksmanship!

I imagine Hunters will see a nerf sometime soon, and I expect the same of the new version of Mental Quickness in Enhancement; my Shaman is absurd now because of it:)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:And don't forget that Hunters now have a ranged Mortal Strike as an 11 point talent in Marksmanship!

Let me know if you ever see a hunter use it when it would matter, like when someone is at half health or less, or sometime in Arenas, thanks.;)

Quote:I imagine Hunters will see a nerf sometime soon,

It's ok. We are used to it, and expect it. Community QQ always hits hunters pretty hard. Somehow, we always end up keeping playing anyhow.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Let me know if you ever see a hunter use it when it would matter, like when someone is at half health or less, or sometime in Arenas, thanks.;)

3 arena matches today I used it to good effect. It's not that bad to get off when people are entrapped in your frost trap and can't move. :)

Making Wyvern sting instant had a bigger impact though as did the changes to the deadzone (that I still can't believe they gave us) and arcane shot dispelling buffs. AP affecting serpent sting played a roll in a win today as well. If I were actually a better PvP player, had better reflexes and made decision faster during the match as opposed to realizing what I should have done after the match was over we would have gone 9-1 in a duo with a resto/balance druid and a hunter (not really a great combo), instead since I'm only average or a above average at PvP we went 5-5 with that sub par combo.

Haven't done any 3v3 this week and I haven't been able to join the 5v5 team for about 3 weeks now so not sure if it will help there. But it made 2v2 a lot more fun (though admittedly the other changes had a lot more to do with that)

It (the aimed shot debuff) helped with killing several folks in BG's too. I scoffed at it when I first saw the change figuring I would never get a 3 second shot off without push back or at a time when it wouldn't have just been better to hit the person with 2 auto's a steady and a arcane (or multi) if I'm not getting hit anyway. But a few opportunities came up to hit rogues that were getting healed by healers out of range with it and get them down through the healing or to help kill one of the 2 healers that were spamming the flag carrier and each other when there was no warrior around. The healing debuff was worth the trade off in lost DPS time. Of course I see more hunters trying to fire it and just wasting time/damage in situations where they shouldn't be trying to fire it than I see hunters using it effectively. I even used it stupidly a few times, though I believe I used it effectively more times than not.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:3 arena matches today I used it to good effect. It's not that bad to get off when people are entrapped in your frost trap and can't move. :)

Any time I've been able to get someone into my frost trap, they almost always trinket out of it. =/

Quote: the changes to the deadzone (that I still can't believe they gave us) and arcane shot dispelling buffs.

I have a feeling that the deadzone was one of the three, three year old 'bugs' that they 'fixed' for us. The other two being FD/drink/change/etc, and the double trap issue.

Quote:It (the aimed shot debuff) helped with killing several folks in BG's too. I scoffed at it when I first saw the change figuring I would never get a 3 second shot off without push back or at a time when it wouldn't have just been better to hit the person with 2 auto's a steady and a arcane (or multi) if I'm not getting hit anyway.

I don't pvp much either, but BG's are pretty much the only place I could see this Aimed debuff being useful at all, as there are quite a few times where a hunter is a ways away, shooting into a pack. There, the debuff would be quite handy.

As to using it in arenas, I may be able to in my 5v5. In my 2v2, I would never have been able to. In the few 5v5 games I have done, I also seem to have been the first target (often having a warrior and rogue dancing around me) more often than not.
~Not all who wander are lost...~