MPQ Explorer for WoW?
Kind of an off question... but is there a tool somewhere to extract the .wav files from the WoW MPQs? I've currently got the Protoss Probe for my text message sound, and wanted to snoop around a bit for any useful sounds.
See you in Town,
-Z
First of all im sorry for bumping this old topic.

Yes there is an such program, its caled mpqviewer.

you can seartch for it at curse.com or you can click HERE
Quote:Kind of an off question... but is there a tool somewhere to extract the .wav files from the WoW MPQs? I've currently got the Protoss Probe for my text message sound, and wanted to snoop around a bit for any useful sounds.

My idea? Use the Alliance alert sound for text/voice messages received; the sound that plays when Horde pick up the Alliance flag or assault an Alliance base.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:Kind of an off question... but is there a tool somewhere to extract the .wav files from the WoW MPQs? I've currently got the Protoss Probe for my text message sound, and wanted to snoop around a bit for any useful sounds.

The MPQ Extracter I use is MPQ Editor 2. You can get it here.