a Diablo 1 mod, in 2008
Hey every one. I have not played Diablo 1 in forever, but recently I got it running on my computer again and I was playing the Abysmal mod. It is a good mod, however, I feel like I have done everything in Diablo too many times and needed something different.

I opened the Abysmal mod exe in ez mod maker and looked around, messed with some things, any way it became more of a mod of a mod than a small change. so I was wondering if anybody was interested in a Diablo 1 mod? I haven't played all the way though it yet as I finished last night, but I am about to. If anyone else wants to try it (or has something to add) post it on here and I will check back and see. if not , no problem =)

here's a few things my mod has as basic features-
-more xp per kill, much stronger monsters
-prefixes and suffixes tweaked and now can appear different places (such as +% to hit on a helmet, each prefix and suffix has between 1 and 4 new item types it can occur on)
-boss battle is BOSS BATTLE, very tough
-the abysmal mod monster names, unique items and features still in it
-weapon damages and ac values increased (as monster hps are currently 10x, may grow or shrink)
-prefix and suffix now have larger ranges (such as +STR rings for example-
lvl 1 +1-8 str
lvl 2 +4-13 str
-Also the highest lvl prefix, such as Godly, King's, etc, now have a higher max they can be in % as well as a lower minimum (can be very godly.. or maybe not)
-Combining the larger range of % values and the larger range of AC on a particular armor, you may find a godly chain mail with 22 AC +150% ac or you may find a godly chain mail with 37 AC and +345% AC , as well you can find items such as King's Ring of Blood or such, many never before seen items can now exist.
-aside from HP increase and xp value increase, monsters also have increased/more logical resistances.
-there are now some triple immune monsters, however the mage has become a more able melee fighter, as long as you're using mana shield he he he. and the warrior can achieve murderous damage (which you will need to kill 10x hp Diablo)

anyways theres probably more but i dont wanna post 10 pages and then get "nobody plays anymore" so , hey!
Well, at least it sounds interesting. You're done "modding the mod" as of now, correct?
Array
Let me elaborate on what Sheep said... it's called humour.[/quote]
Quote:Well, at least it sounds interesting. You're done "modding the mod" as of now, correct?

I finished the change of xps and hp and played from dungeon lvl 1 to 3, i got to lvl 13 from a new char which seemed really fast but it took me about an hour or 90 min to clear the 3 levels, and as soon as i got to lvl4 i got murdered.

but it was an interesting test. after that i made the lower level characters especially in hell stronger to compensate for the huge xp boost. I have every monster now with 20x hp, added much damage, and 10x the exp value. the 10x will probably be much too high later on but i like the idea of one really hard fight from chuch to diablo rather running hell over and over.

thanks for replying! I will be working on this tomorrow and i'll see what i find out =D

one more thing, i never liked the idea of carrying a million potions , so they are more expensive and there is life and mana leech built into of gear, at small amounts, because all the base items have different abilities (i.e. a cloak gives you infravision no matter if it is magical regular or unique, but a robe has an innate +% damage vs demons attribute. ok, going to sleep!
Mhm... personally I don't like the idea of simply increasing monster stats to make a game more difficult but then again it's hard to upgrade the monster AI to insane levels in games like D1 to compensate for the low level of difficulty.
Array
Let me elaborate on what Sheep said... it's called humour.[/quote]
I enjoy playing mods, the last mod i played had it's own server for it. I don't think ill adapt to playing any mods that is needed Kali in order to play online. But yea it sounds good to me, i'd probably end up trying it out.
[Image: diabloplayerps4.png]
if anyone thinks that Diablo 1 might ever possibly wither away, they need to check out our D1 expansion for hardcore players - Diablo: The Hell

http://www.thehell.narod.ru