Paladin Macros. I told some people I would get them some
Helllo Lurkers,

I told Both Gum and Viie that I would get them some of the paladin macros that I use to make life a little easier, and I keep forgetting to PM you guys the macros, so I figured I would toss them out there.

I don't use a lot of macros, but these come in VERY HANDY. Because of the UI that I have made for myself, the default Blizzard Focus commands don't work for me. So, I do it myself.

Focus stuff - I have extra action bars that don't have hotkeys, or have out of the way hotkeys that I don't normally use. My focus macros are not hotkeyed, as I don't change them very often.

I have a macro (with an EYE as the icon) for
/setfocus

This will allow me to set my current target as my focus target. To clear it, I have to use a macro
/clearfocus.

This gets around my UI being cranky with Blizzard's focus stuff

Tanking Macros:

#showtooltip Righteous Defense
/cast [@focus] Righteous Defense
/cast [@focus] Hand of Salvation

This simple macro gets a LOT of use in 5 mans. I set my healer as my focus, and have this little guy handy for places like H:HoR where the healer is BOUND to get aggro on something. In a normal heroic, I will set that overzealous DPSer as my focus, and RD them as needed

Because Righteous Defense no longer invokes the GCD, I can HoS the target at the same time to make sure that they don't get aggro back.

#showtooltip Hand of Salvation
/cast [target=mouseover] Hand of Salvation

This is a new macro for me, but I have found that while running with some incredible DPSers lately, they can creep up on me early in the fight. This makes it a LOT easier if someone creeps up while I have someone else on Focus.

DPS Macros.

I only ever used two marcos while Ret.

/startattack
/cast Divine Storm

/use (insert name of trinket here)
/cast Avenging Wrath

This makes sure that my melee uptime is good, and that my onuse trinkets are getting blown with wings for good burn times.

Healing Macros. While I'm tossing macros around,

#showtooltip Sacred Shield
/cast [@focus] Sacred Shield

#showtooltip Beacon of Light
/cast [@focus] Beacon of Light

I use spellbinder and clique for a lot of my healing, and I found that this was a fantastic way to load more heals on my mouse buttons and still Bacon/Shield my target. Normally when I heal my bacon target is my focus target, but sometimes, in damage intense situations, my healing target is my focus target, and as such, I have macros for both

I have also used similar macros for Hand of Sacrifice (when Healing Mimiron), and for Lay on Hands (before I had a free button on my mouse).

If there is any others that I come accross I will post them here, if anyone else has any nifty quality of life macros, post em here as well:)

Cheers!
Shoju

Edited to fix a couple of typos.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:I have a macro (with an EYE as the icon) for
/setfocus

This will allow me to set my current target as my focus target. To clear it, I have to use a macro
/clearfocus.

/use (insert name of trinket here)
/cast Avenging Wrath
I use a similar /setfocus macro for Tricks, but have a [target=mouseover] clause in there. I can just hover over someone's unitframe or character in-game to set the focus instead of targeting them specifically. Not really a huge deal except when I want to change my Tricks target on the fly during a fight, where it may be hard to find the desired DPS in a mass of bodies or detrimental to my DPS to click the person's unitframe. You can then clear the focus target by not hovering over a unitframe or character on-screen and press the hotkey again. I do have this macro hotkeyed though, which is kind of a requirement if you're going to use mouseover.

You can reference trinket slots by /use 13 and /use 14. This saves you from having to remember to update the macro when you get an upgrade. Not that I've ever done that. :whistling:
I re-bound x to 'focus' and X to 'set focus', myself. I mean, if I need to sit, I can always type /sit.

Edit to add: you can use just plain '#showtooltip' and it will match the first spell that will be cast. You don't have to supply the spell name, and it will avoid your Hand of Salvation macro showing you the icon/tooltip for Hand of Sacrifice.
Quote:Edit to add: you can use just plain '#showtooltip' and it will match the first spell that will be cast. You don't have to supply the spell name, and it will avoid your Hand of Salvation macro showing you the icon/tooltip for Hand of Sacrifice.

To Add:

Don't even have to use that. Whichever is the first spell cast in the macro will be the spell used for showing cooldowns so #showtooltip is unneeded if you don't want to know the cooldowns of any spells beyond the first one cast.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:To Add:

Don't even have to use that. Whichever is the first spell cast in the macro will be the spell used for showing cooldowns so #showtooltip is unneeded if you don't want to know the cooldowns of any spells beyond the first one cast.

DIdn't know that. That would open up some space in some of the bigger macros that I'm working on.

I would use the /use 13 or 14 but sometimes my silly gear mod will put the trinkets in different slots, and and I don't remember to change it. >.<
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:DIdn't know that. That would open up some space in some of the bigger macros that I'm working on.

I would use the /use 13 or 14 but sometimes my silly gear mod will put the trinkets in different slots, and and I don't remember to change it. >.<

Well, remember, if you put a /use at the start of the macro, that will be what is shown for the cooldown. If however you do something like:

/use 13
/cast Shield of Righteousness

The cooldown will show what /use 13 is. If you want to have SoR appear as the cooldown, you have to put in #showtooltip Shield of Righteousness as the start.

Now, for example a mage, you have the following macro:

/cast Arcane Power
/cast Icy Veins
/cast Mirror Image

The cooldown will show the cooldown of Arcane Power.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
One of the best things you can do:

Go to Interface -> ActionBars -> Turn off 'Secure Ability Toggle.'

By turning this off it allows you to cancel abilities on yourself by pushing the button a second time. Fire up Divine Plea and if you need the extra healing click it again to turn it off.

Quote:One of the best things you can do:

Go to Interface -> ActionBars -> Turn off 'Secure Ability Toggle.'

By turning this off it allows you to cancel abilities on yourself by pushing the button a second time. Fire up Divine Plea and if you need the extra healing click it again to turn it off.

Yes. This is a truly awesome thing. I found this while searching for raid wall macros for my tank spec.
#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,help][help][target=player] Cleanse

Enables me to cast cleanse on either whatever my mouse is hovering over, my target (if my target is friendly), or on myself if I have no target and isn't hovering over anything.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,exists,help][help][target=player] Cleanse

Enables me to cast cleanse on either whatever my mouse is hovering over, my target (if my target is friendly), or on myself if I have no target and isn't hovering over anything.

That is exactly what I used.

I use a warlock version of it for felhunter dispels in Arena matches/battlegrounds as well (along with a separate macro that only targets me for quick debuff removal without having to hover over my raid frame).
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:That is exactly what I used.

I use a warlock version of it for felhunter dispels in Arena matches/battlegrounds as well (along with a separate macro that only targets me for quick debuff removal without having to hover over my raid frame).

Cleanse is my middle dimple button on my mouse for clique when Healing, though a macro like that while prot would be pretty handy.