Coming out of lurker mode.
I came by the site to see all the new changes on here. I see that Bolty is still around keeping the site refreshing and new. Thought I'd say hi and see if there are any familiar names I still know.

Ok here are my "newbie" questions:

Any other lurkers resurfaced or disappeared? And if you're still around, please say hi!:)

What's happened to Classic D and DII? Anyone still playing? Any interesting posts to read?

Is everyone now on WoW or is there a new game out on the horizon?

Hope to hear from other DSF mates and LL members old and new! Love to meet the new regs on the forums now too.

Will be checking periodically later on.

-Das Regard
Quote:-Das Regard

*jaw-dropping*

You should stay in touch.

:)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:I came by the site to see all the new changes on here. I see that Bolty is still around keeping the site refreshing and new. Thought I'd say hi and see if there are any familiar names I still know.

Ok here are my "newbie" questions:

Any other lurkers resurfaced or disappeared? And if you're still around, please say hi!:)

What's happened to Classic D and DII? Anyone still playing? Any interesting posts to read?

Is everyone now on WoW or is there a new game out on the horizon?

Hope to hear from other DSF mates and LL members old and new! Love to meet the new regs on the forums now too.

Will be checking periodically later on.

-Das Regard
Amazon Basin has an alive and well D II core of activity.

Realms Beyond also has a couple of D II teams mucking about. Also over at Realms Beyond are a couple of guys doing D I Ironman. See the Realms Beyond forums.

I am in a team with KoP and CB-13, at present, and ThenryB. IIRC, at least one of that threesome, and IIRC two, are veterans of the legendary all Barb Hell expedition in D I. Rounding out the team are Dr Disaster, ShadowHM, Stuporman (new) and Shisak (one of Shadow's old Heroes of Might clan mates).

We are doing a thing called the Low Rent Legion, premise being that no skill (other than synergy points) can be used over clvl 1 selectable skills. Hardcore.

Have not heard from Charis in a while, but I think KoP has.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Howdy stranger. Find any good Constricting Rings lately? :lol:

Not sure who's playing what, but this Lounge forum is mostly a lot of familiar faces and not much new blood.
Good to hear from you all! I'm so glad I still know some people on this forum:)

Anyways what have you been up to? Playing any new games? I was playing Guild Wars for a short while, but not really anymore.

Hope to hear from others as well!
OMG, King of Pain and CB-13 and ThenryB :wub:

Occhi, Please say Hi for me... :wacko:

Quote:Amazon Basin has an alive and well D II core of activity.

Realms Beyond also has a couple of D II teams mucking about. Also over at Realms Beyond are a couple of guys doing D I Ironman. See the Realms Beyond forums.

I am in a team with KoP and CB-13, at present, and ThenryB. IIRC, at least one of that threesome, and IIRC two, are veterans of the legendary all Barb Hell expedition in D I. Rounding out the team are Dr Disaster, ShadowHM, Stuporman (new) and Shisak (one of Shadow's old Heroes of Might clan mates).

We are doing a thing called the Low Rent Legion, premise being that no skill (other than synergy points) can be used over clvl 1 selectable skills. Hardcore.

Have not heard from Charis in a while, but I think KoP has.

Occhi

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Hi there, nice to see you!

Quote:Any other lurkers resurfaced or disappeared? And if you're still around, please say hi!:)

Isn't that sort of the meaning of life for a lurker?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Once you're a regular here, you never really leave.

You might take 5 year vacations, but you never really leave...

Heya DR :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
:ph34r:
Hi,

Quote:And if you're still around, please say hi!:)
Done! :P

--Pete

BTW, nice to see you again.

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Hiya , I'm still here if anyone remebers me :wub:
Most of my D1 chars have faded into the oblivion of HDD crashes and lost backups. Enjoyed the game, but don't relish the thought of releveling 3 char classes. (Somewhere I have the Hellfire CD ... if mold hasn't eaten it).

D2 I never really liked/got into (I have the same problem with Mythos).

SC/BW I still play. If anybody is interested, please let me know. Join the KP's and I as we cower in fear of the AI opponents:P
Heh, I think I qualify as a fellow lurker. Don't think I've ever been really active here, but it's a place unlike any other, so I do keep coming back to read up on things. Shame the forum style doesn't really suit me. Anyway, hi to you too:)

Once I started playing WoW, time spent on Diablo 2 was cut down to almost zero. A couple of months ago, I started playing again, but that quickly ended up in one of my hardcore characters kicking the bucket. Also, for some reason, certain parts of DII really reminded me of WoW, but not quite as good. This led to me removing the game for some much needed disk space (which is rather limited here), and giving the characters who are still alive, some much needed rest.

Good to hear that there's still some people playing with, let's say, interesting group setups and the like. Reminds of me Sirian's characters, who were quite unusual as well. Wonder if there's any writing of similar quality around; I found Sirian's writings a good passtime:)
Quote:Reminds of me Sirian's characters, who were quite unusual as well. Wonder if there's any writing of similar quality around; I found Sirian's writings a good passtime:)
In addition to Occhi's Low Rent Legion team, I am also playing on a team following one of Sirian's team builds. :D

Nature's Cabal has been an interesting experiment in Team dynamics; we are in Act 3 Hell now and still having fun.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

As for games, nothing really has my full attention anymore. My Diablo playing had dwindled to the occasional IM game, and since I won both in group and solo even that has lost it's mystique. I'm kind of into Hellgate: London right now, although it still has the feel of a beta test 5 months after launch (especially in single player mode which is 5 patches behind multiplayer). Otherwise, it's a little of this and that. I recently beat the Nod campaign in the Win95 version of Command & Conquer for the first time.:P
Also lurking. :shuriken:

All people ever talk about anymore is WoW and politics, so I don't have much to contribute. :P

Wasting most of my time in Guild Wars between Realms Beyond and Amazon Basin. Different game, same great folks. :wub:
*waves*
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Hiya , I'm still here if anyone remebers me :wub:
*Falls off of chair.*

Oh, mommie dearest, how good to see you still lurk.

*tips cap*

Occhi
In Memory of Pete
Of course I still lurke, have to watch and see what yall bad boys are doing.

Playing WoW for now thunderhorn server
Quote:Of course I still lurke, have to watch and see what yall bad boys are doing.
Playing WoW for now thunderhorn server
:)

In response to the OP:

Das Regard, anyone else interested in D I, Foxhound is trying to get a three person Iron Man team up.

http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread....29997#post29997

Best wishes.

Occhi
In Memory of Pete