2.4 Thoughts
Quote:I usually couple Nether Residue with another quest or task. For instance, if I need Netherwing Flayer Hides, I take the Nether Residue quest as well, if I'm grinding Felboars for Fel Glands for A Slow Death, then skinning them will probably turn up enough residue. Otherwise, I head to Netherstorm and use the opportunity to grind a few Nether Dragonscales.

It's really a "buddy" quest more than anything. If you're doing something that has you skinning, mining, or er, herbing, then you may as well pick up the quest as well.

I guess I wasn't clear. I've had that quest in the log for all my toons since it became available and of the 5 toons I have at 70 none of them have yet to complete it, even while doing my other quests or other things. One of my miners has now gotten to 85 adamantite ore and 48 fel iron ore while on the quest and still hasn't finished it. It's not going to happen. :)

Of course I also had a toon that took 65 kills to get the sunfury attack plans and another one gave up last night after 30 kills and not getting it. My game luck has just turned to crap lately. And yes I had the quest, I didn't already have the plans, that's why I know it took 65 kills (thanks to mods that track this stuff for me) because they dropped on kill 65.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Yowza, that does indeed suck. As a skinner, I rarely take longer than, maybe, twenty or thirty skinning attempts before getting all eight residue.

Something's definitely wrong there.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Something's definitely wrong there.
Especially when GG sees my little miner get 3-4 out of one rich adamantite node.;)
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Yowza, that does indeed suck. As a skinner, I rarely take longer than, maybe, twenty or thirty skinning attempts before getting all eight residue.

Something's definitely wrong there.

I got one from skinning the Big Bad Wolf, in Karazhan.
Yeah that was freaky.

Can this stuff be found on Quel'Danas?
ERAU QSSI DLRO WEHT
Quote:Can this stuff be found on Quel'Danas?

I have received residue from gathering on the island, yes.

P.S.
This thread is officially a messiest I've seen. Completely unreadable in outline view.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:Can this stuff be found on Quel'Danas?
We had a skinner looting it on the Al'ar trash mobs in TK the other night, too. Caused some nice laughs.

Now that I've actually given the 2.4 dailies a pretty fair shot (most of them, anyway) I like them. Especially the Bash'ir landing one. I really like the Ethereals, and the first time I got myself phased I started laughing. I liked it too much. Plus it's not quite as crowded as Quel'Danas.

Also, I got the Void Shatter recipe, which despite being learnable at 360, requires max Enchanting to perform. BAH. I was hoping to get some and use them to finish spamming ring enchants to 375, but it looks like things are going the opposite way; I might buy now and sell later. I'm 11 skills away...this is going to be expensive. Not that it wasn't before.
Quote:There IS a flightline between Undercity and Silvermoon. Unfortunately to use it you have to have Light's Hope Chapel, Zul'Aman, and obviously Silvermoon flight points discovered. I can't remember if you also need the Tranquillen flight point.

I took my little level 40 skeletal horse and rode to LHC last night and (as promised) I can now fly from Silvermoon to UC. The complete flightline (passing through Tranquillen and LHC) takes around 8 minutes.

This still seems a bit silly to me. After all, SW to IF and Org. to TB are both direct flights and always have been. There should be direct flights between Silvermoon and UC as well as Exodar and Darnassus.
More thoughts on the removal of attunements:

My guild just downed Lady Vashj last night - On the fourth attempt of the night, and with no deaths. :w00t:

Considering that we've only gotten about four hours worth of attempts on her, period... A month and a half ago, everyone is very, very happy. Even our Main tank/guild leader's rage bar is down to zero (He didn't even yell at us when some clown pulled Mogorim Tidewalker, in addition to 2 murloc packs on the way to him, after we killed the overgrown medusa :rolleyes:).

Now, with one Sunwell vial under our belts, we're gunning for Prince Kael'Thas.

It took this to appreciate the attunement removal in 2.4. Our Vashj raid was slightly stacked with hunters, so we're going to be spending the new few weeks shuffling people in and out, so everyone can get their vials, for the Hyjal rings.

I can only assume the same will be done with Kael.

And I'm really glad that we'll be able to progress into Hyjal/BT, without weeks of farming those two bosses for the vials.
Gotta love the Patch 2.4 combat log improvements.

Quote:There is an option in the interface social menu. Icons in chat. Defualt (sic.) is off, controls if you see icon links in the more public channels.

{star}
{moon}
{cross}
{skull}
{circle}
{square}
{triangle}
{diamond}

Thankfully it doesn't work in /2 Trade Chat. Unfortunately works in /whispers (as if your friendly neighborhood spammers hasn't shown you yet). I can't wait to use this in tomorrow's MT run; even thinking of making macros so /party gets to see skull, moon (sheep), square (trap) etc.