Kael'thas down on Stormrage!
I'll edit and put up screenshots tomorrow. Huge congrats to all. Not only did we kill him but we did it with less than optimal group setup.
I knew this was coming, so I was raging last night when I found out I was busy tonight and couldn't come =X Turns out my Uncle was coming through town for the first time in seven years though, so it was pretty much worth it. Grats guys ^^

BRING ON HYJAL!
Grats guys!
Congratz guys! I wish we hadn't skipped him :angry:
Quote:I'll edit and put up screenshots tomorrow. Huge congrats to all. Not only did we kill him but we did it with less than optimal group setup.

Screenshot time!

[Image: kael_2.jpg]
Big Honkin' Screenie link
Quote: Not only did we kill him but we did it with less than optimal group setup.

Then it clearly wasn't less than optimal, was it.;)

Grats.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Big Congrats.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Grats!
Dianotosa 85 Druid
Kirayla 85 Hunter
Bubblegirl 85 Paladin
Linnara 85 Priest
Solasha 85 Warlock
Lucindia 82 Mage
Kirrily 81 Shaman
Grats! Go back for a second kill at some point. The relief of a first kill is amazing, but the fight itself is a lot more fun the second time around, when there is a lot less stress and worry involved (or maybe that was just a raid leader problem).
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:Grats! Go back for a second kill at some point. The relief of a first kill is amazing, but the fight itself is a lot more fun the second time around, when there is a lot less stress and worry involved (or maybe that was just a raid leader problem).

You know it was funny. It wasn't until the second gravity lapse that I realized that I didn't need to worry about pyroblasts anymore. I mean I knew they weren't coming anymore but my animal-brain hadn't come to that knowledge.:)
Grats!
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Grats!

:wub:Thanks :blush:
Grats!
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:You know it was funny. It wasn't until the second gravity lapse that I realized that I didn't need to worry about pyroblasts anymore. I mean I knew they weren't coming anymore but my animal-brain hadn't come to that knowledge.:)

Haha awesome. What role did you take in the kill?

As the prot pally, I had phase 2 to shine, tanking 3 weapons, and was just a cheerleader for the rest of the fight, for the most part.

Phase 1 I tanked nothing. Phase 3 I ran around after Thaladred yelling out target changes and warning healers if he was waltzing their general direction. Phase 4 and 5 I was one of two tanks in charge of picking up Phoenixes, but the other tank was so good at it I spent both phases cheerleading (calling when phoenixes hit 20% so dps would be ready to switch, telling people to move if a flamestrike hit in their area, etc).

I gave everyone a good 2-3 week off from even looking at TK after the Kael kill. Enough of our regular raiders, after the shouting and cheering on vent, said "F*** that guy" that I didn't prod them back into TK for a while. When we did, it was fun though.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:Haha awesome. What role did you take in the kill?

As the prot pally, I had phase 2 to shine, tanking 3 weapons, and was just a cheerleader for the rest of the fight, for the most part.

Phase 1 I tanked nothing. Phase 3 I ran around after Thaladred yelling out target changes and warning healers if he was waltzing their general direction. Phase 4 and 5 I was one of two tanks in charge of picking up Phoenixes, but the other tank was so good at it I spent both phases cheerleading (calling when phoenixes hit 20% so dps would be ready to switch, telling people to move if a flamestrike hit in their area, etc).

I gave everyone a good 2-3 week off from even looking at TK after the Kael kill. Enough of our regular raiders, after the shouting and cheering on vent, said "F*** that guy" that I didn't prod them back into TK for a while. When we did, it was fun though.

I was the MT.

Phase 1 - dancing with Thaladred until he died then dancing with various rogues, druids and warriors afterward.
Phase 2 - Tanking shield and sword.
Phase 3 - Follow Thaladred around applying the dagger debuff.
Phase 4 - Kael
Phase 5 - Die twice
Phase 6 - Pass on loot. =)
Quote:I was the MT.

Phase 1 - dancing with Thaladred until he died then dancing with various rogues, druids and warriors afterward.
Phase 2 - Tanking shield and sword.
Phase 3 - Follow Thaladred around applying the dagger debuff.
Phase 4 - Kael
Phase 5 - Die twice
Phase 6 - Pass on loot. =)

Phase 7 - Pick up Ring in Caverns of Time.

Right?

Grats again. Huge accomplishment.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:Phase 7 - Pick up Ring in Caverns of Time.

Right?

Grats again. Huge accomplishment.
...and upgrade it twice. Now for exalted when the ring really becomes killer!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:You know it was funny. It wasn't until the second gravity lapse that I realized that I didn't need to worry about pyroblasts anymore. I mean I knew they weren't coming anymore but my animal-brain hadn't come to that knowledge.:)

What annoyed me most is when he Gravity Lapsed at 1% and I got away from everyone and then started raining down Incinerates thinking, "why won't you die you bastard?!"

Although we did get a screw job before he went down. Just as the GL was ending, he fired off one last beam as people were falling to the ground. Where during the GL no one was withing range to change the beam, when we were falling to the ground, we set up a chain and one of the priests took a pretty big *zot* from the beam and died.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:What annoyed me most is when he Gravity Lapsed at 1% and I got away from everyone and then started raining down Incinerates thinking, "why won't you die you bastard?!"

Although we did get a screw job before he went down. Just as the GL was ending, he fired off one last beam as people were falling to the ground. Where during the GL no one was withing range to change the beam, when we were falling to the ground, we set up a chain and one of the priests took a pretty big *zot* from the beam and died.

Are you kidding me? He must be programmed to give everyone a mild heart attack on their first kill. He lapsed at 1% on us as well, the jerk.

On the ring - I was one of the nooblets that went to CoT, looked at the ring options on the quest reward and was disappointed...until someone pointed out I should upgrade it once for each rep level. Bing, bing, bing, exalted version and I was a happy protadin.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Grats guys!
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem