Meet up at Channel Lurkerlounge?
Ok I'll try to be direct. It's been about a week after the ladder reset and patch 1.12. Spambots are back. Reports of a maphack working for this version is already out. Some people are already collecting gear for their runbots. Not -if- they return, but -when- they return. And sadly I think these folks might be correct.

I was reading some older threads, and at one time there was a Channel Lurkerlounge. If Bolty's cool with it, I'd like to see it return. (During the live release of 1.10, I did see one person there in USWest. He and I had a blast playing. It might have been the author of the Druid Ranger actually, but I couldn't be sure.)

I've already experienced public games in b.net without maphack, for about a week after the reset. My bet is it won't last, and might have already ended at the time of this writing. (Would be nice if maphack and botting is somehow put on ice permanently by bliz, but if ifs and buts were candies and nuts and so on.)

I will not be able to park a char in Channel Lurkerlounge 24/7. I am not responsible for it. I completely understand if Bolty is not cool with it for any reason.

All I'm going to do is just go\create Channel Lurkerlounge whenever I'm online for D2. The main idea is to have a meeting place for any lurkers who wants to play a pick up game of D2, obviously free of maphackery and botting foolishness.

Thanks for reading.
Quote: Thanks for reading.

Hammerskjold, I have no experience playing D2 online but I would really like to play. Next few weeks will be a bit hectic but after that I hope to get an internet connection again.
Especially playing without all these weirdo's and a fair game appeals to me.
I am on GMT +1 though.

eppie
Quote:Ok I'll try to be direct. It's been about a week after the ladder reset and patch 1.12. Spambots are back.
I play on USWest, been waiting for MEAT to make his appearance. I have a barbarian, going to start other characters soon to. So I'll look for you.

Reports of a maphack working for this version is already out. Some people are already collecting gear for their runbots. Not -if- they return, but -when- they return. And sadly I think these folks might be correct.

I was reading some older threads, and at one time there was a Channel Lurkerlounge. If Bolty's cool with it, I'd like to see it return. (During the live release of 1.10, I did see one person there in USWest. He and I had a blast playing. It might have been the author of the Druid Ranger actually, but I couldn't be sure.)

I've already experienced public games in b.net without maphack, for about a week after the reset. My bet is it won't last, and might have already ended at the time of this writing. (Would be nice if maphack and botting is somehow put on ice permanently by bliz, but if ifs and buts were candies and nuts and so on.)

I will not be able to park a char in Channel Lurkerlounge 24/7. I am not responsible for it. I completely understand if Bolty is not cool with it for any reason.

All I'm going to do is just go\create Channel Lurkerlounge whenever I'm online for D2. The main idea is to have a meeting place for any lurkers who wants to play a pick up game of D2, obviously free of maphackery and botting foolishness.

Thanks for reading.

Ok, with just what I saw and asked in public games, I can definitely believe a working version of maphack for 1.12 is out. Pick-it is also out, though I don't really know if it ever left. Run bots are probably on their way just any minute now. That was a fun week of public gaming while it lasted.

A toast to you ladder reset and 1.12. Dead after a week.

Now that the carcass is cleared. Eppie, iirc you're closest to Europe gateway? If you can't make it to USWest, I'll try to set up an account on Europe. There's probably a 6 hour time difference between our locations, so sometime on the weekends looks to be the target.

KKewl, I'll keep an eye out for ya too. It's just "lurkerlounge" in the channel field.
Quote:Ok, with just what I saw and asked in public games, I can definitely believe a working version of maphack for 1.12 is out. Pick-it is also out, though I don't really know if it ever left. Run bots are probably on their way just any minute now. That was a fun week of public gaming while it lasted.

A toast to you ladder reset and 1.12. Dead after a week.

Now that the carcass is cleared. Eppie, iirc you're closest to Europe gateway? If you can't make it to USWest, I'll try to set up an account on Europe. There's probably a 6 hour time difference between our locations, so sometime on the weekends looks to be the target.

KKewl, I'll keep an eye out for ya too. It's just "lurkerlounge" in the channel field.

Great, for me the coming few weeks are impossible....after that I will check up on this thread to see the status.
I'll be around on Uswest softcore I guess. Add Archon_Wing if you want
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:I'll be around on Uswest softcore I guess. Add Archon_Wing if you want

Cool. I'll keep an eye out for ya.
my account is Ivorytower, if someone someone to kill monsters with.
If you are on US West, Occhi_Lad08 (account) may be around now and again. Just got the first few toons created, Hamme_Radio and Windy_Sidhe have just begun.

I am on and off sporadically.

Hardcore.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Cool. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

What is your account name?
Quote:What is your account name?

It's Jamm4h on USWest. I'm thinking that maybe setting up a game name scheme would be a better idea. eg: LLnorm\password etc. So that any lurker can make\join should they feel like it.
Quote:[...]

I was in talks with [vL]Kp about a chat bot program called SphBotv3. If everyone is interested, I would be happy to run this bot on my computer 24/7 so long as it is capable of doing the following:

Quote:Qualities I'm looking for in the chat bot:

1) I would like a bot which states the time every X-minutes (I think this should also keep it from going idle),
2) has a list of all /friends (i.e. Lurkers - unfortunately this would be limited to 50, as per battle.nets limit) and when queried by someone in channel, for example with ~friends, would display a /f list in whisper form to the person who asked,
2b) as a safety precaution, only people already on the list could query the friend list,
3) typical OP commands (i.e. Kick, Ban, etc.), would require a static account

The following are just random thoughts I think would be cool, but not necessary:

*) Future addition of randomized password creation with the possibility of asking the bot what the password of the day is, such as ~pass would give the password used by Lurkers for the day (ala Weasltek),
*) Future addition has the option of saving a chat transcript/log and emailing it to the person who asks for it, i.e. ~savelog and ~emailme. This would require the email of each member on the /f list. Just a thought.

If someone knows how to set up a bot to do these functions (I honestly don't have the time to research this task now or in the near future), then reply here or PM me. I leave my computer on 24-hours a day so unless there is a power outage, I don't see why I cannot run this chat bot for everyone. If anyone has any ideas for additional chat bot functions, list them here and perhaps someone who knows more about chat-bots than I can enlighten us.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:I was in talks with [vL]Kp about a chat bot program called SphBotv3. If everyone is interested, I would be happy to run this bot on my computer 24/7 so long as it is capable of doing the following:
If someone knows how to set up a bot to do these functions (I honestly don't have the time to research this task now or in the near future), then reply here or PM me. I leave my computer on 24-hours a day so unless there is a power outage, I don't see why I cannot run this chat bot for everyone. If anyone has any ideas for additional chat bot functions, list them here and perhaps someone who knows more about chat-bots than I can enlighten us.

I don't have any experience with chat bots either, but yeah it sounds good. If it can have a weaseltech like function for game\pass, that would be double plus good.

(edited addition:)
I recently registered at the ABasin, and their WeaselTech system is great IMO. For this purpose and at this time though, I'm wondering if a game name\pass on the honour system will do. I don't want anyone to do too much work if the level of interest is not justified for it.

[
I recently registered at the ABasin, and their WeaselTech system is great IMO. For this purpose and at this time though, I'm wondering if a game name\pass on the honour system will do. I don't want anyone to do too much work if the level of interest is not justified for it.
[/quote

I think you may find it enjoyable just to play out of the Amazon Basin channel rather than trying to recreate a Lurker Lounge version. My experience there is that Basin players are fully compatible with Lurker Lounge types. There is also a small hard core community playing in RBD games as well. No need to further divide the already small community of mature LoD players:)
Quote:[
[/quote

I think you may find it enjoyable just to play out of the Amazon Basin channel rather than trying to recreate a Lurker Lounge version. My experience there is that Basin players are fully compatible with Lurker Lounge types. There is also a small hard core community playing in RBD games as well. No need to further divide the already small community of mature LoD players:)

I was originally thinking of having a place or game for lurkers who may be hesitant to register. (I always liked the AB, but it wasn't until this year that I actually registered there.) But I know what you're saying, and it's a good point. There does seems to be a good crossover between AB and LL.

In either case, good to hear from you again Thenryb. (Good memories of D1 games with you and Darkman.)
Quote:I was originally thinking of having a place or game for lurkers who may be hesitant to register. (I always liked the AB, but it wasn't until this year that I actually registered there.) But I know what you're saying, and it's a good point. There does seems to be a good crossover between AB and LL.

In either case, good to hear from you again Thenryb. (Good memories of D1 games with you and Darkman.)
ThenryB Wrote:There is also a small hard core community playing in RBD games as well.
Aye.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Ok, I am up and running again. Internet installed, new accounts for useast and uswest.

Few questions coming from somebody that doesn't know much from battlenet.
I was looking around after being logged in and there was no lurkerlounge channel. If now one of you would be online and go and create such a channel do we need a password, or is the person that creates the channel able to kick out non lurkers? And why are you giving your account names in this thread, I could not find a way to search for account names when connected to battle net.

Eppie
There are no passwords for channels. If you want moderation in the channel, you'd need to have control over the account "LurkerLounge". Also moderation is only possible in channels beginning with "op" Thus the channel would have to be "Op Lurkerlounge" A chat bot with access to that account could be used if you wanted to keep it active all day, though you'd need to have the bot always running as brought up in Meat's post as well as the apporiate chat bot software. . The bot requires a cd key and you can't log on d2 with that same cd key
TH
Edit: I have reserved account LurkerLounge on west in case someone wants to bother.
Quote:I was in talks with [vL]Kp about a chat bot program called SphBotv3. If everyone is interested, I would be happy to run this bot on my computer 24/7 so long as it is capable of doing the following:

Is it ok if I PM you with the passwords to the lurkerlounge account?
Ok did some experimenting and came up with the following

The one reliable chat bot I found is called stealthbot:

Here's a video that tells you how to set everything up (ignore sound)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sawboLr0...re=related

note 1: You cannot play d2 with the same cd key as your bot simultaneously
note 2: If you use a warcraft III cd key, a warcraft III account does not automatically become moderator of the channel (because of the @lordaeron part probably) What you have to do is log on d2 as "lurkerlounge" and type /designate lurkerlounge@lordaeron (or whatever gateway if happens to be)
One annoying thing is that this does not stick if you log off, thus you must do the designate thing if your bot gets disconnected or logged off. Thus, don't use a wc3 key unless you really must.

You can have your bot automatically say things when idle or when someone joins a channel.
Those are under settings---> bot settings. There's greet message settings and idle message settings

All battle.net commands work with the bot. Also note the /ban (username) command
Quote:

Alright, I entered all the correct settings, and it does not work! I tried the original version and the updated version in the YouTube video. On the bot itself, it says when I try to connect:

Quote:Blizzard has made an addition version check system change.

There is no way for you to patch this one at the time.
I am working on continuing to prepare the 2.7 release, which with
some concerted efforts can probably be launched by this weekend.
I will do my best. Thanks for your patience, and stay tuned to

And when I try to connect:

Quote:This Version of Whatever has been disabled.
Please visit http://www.stealthbot.net for more information and to download an updated version.
If you are receiving this message in error, please check your firewall settings, especially programs such as Norton Internet Security. NIS is notorious for blocking the connection to the BNLS server.
All connections closed.

It would seem version 2.63 does not work with the current battle.net, unless I have my settings incorrectly configured, however I doubt this.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin