Shield of the Mind
I have a level 36 warrior and I want to get spell reading equipment. The best I can do in terms of weapon is a sword +20 magic and a shield +15 (which is better than a stave +30), but for some reason Griswold won´t sell me one - I´ve tried hundreds of times. Is there a reason for that? Is a shield of the mind too low of a level to be sellable to a high level character?
+15 would be a shield of brilliance, and your character level is too high to shop for it. You might as well shop Adria for that staff of wizardry.
Thanks. I already have a staff of wizardry so maybe I´ll do a few catacombs/caves runs looking for one. It stinks that I have no way to get what is in some ways the best possible shield for my character because I´m too high level.
I just use a Dreamflange. +30 magic on one hand and it's cheap and saves space. Pair it with a set of +30 wizardry jewelry and a Royal Circlet or Gotterdamerung (if you are desperate). It really isn't that important to get the perfect +magic setup since you can't max your spell levels from reading books alone.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
I forgot about the dreamflange. Still and all I´d like to do the best I can with equipment.
Hi,

Quote:It stinks that I have no way to get what is in some ways the best possible shield for my character because I´m too high level.
Unless this is single player, it's easy enough to create a new character and level it just enough to maximize the odds of getting you gear. Doesn't really matter, since D1 can be played with just about any found gear, but if you're some kind of perfectionist, that's one way to get what you want.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:I forgot about the dreamflange. Still and all I´d like to do the best I can with equipment.
You can still find shields of brilliance in the dungeon