1.09 vs 1.09b
Blizzard produced two final patches for Diablo: 1.09B for Windows NT 4.0 users, and 1.09 for Everyone Else. Battle.net will upgrade users to 1.09. I am curious: who is running 1.09B (or who has tried it), what operating systems, and does it seem to work?

I ask because I am curious what version mods should be built on top of to ensure maximum compatibility across operating systems.
Quote:Blizzard produced two final patches for Diablo: 1.09B for Windows NT 4.0 users, and 1.09 for Everyone Else. Battle.net will upgrade users to 1.09. I am curious: who is running 1.09B (or who has tried it), what operating systems, and does it seem to work?

I ask because I am curious what version mods should be built on top of to ensure maximum compatibility across operating systems.

AFAIK, they work equally. I have in the past used 1.09b (on a Windows 2000 system, IIRC) to no ill. Worked fine with anyone else I played. I would imagine, in theory, that 1.09 and 1.09b are functionally equivalent, including for modding, but I have not done extensive testing on this to prove one way or the other.

When in doubt, stick to 1.09b. Though all the "real" modders used 1.07.;)(I'll stick to modding 1.09, thank you very much.)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:AFAIK, they work equally. I have in the past used 1.09b (on a Windows 2000 system, IIRC) to no ill.

So far then, 1.09b works with NT4, 2000, and XP.

Can anyone confirm 1.09b working for Win95, Win98 or ME?