What is Oggie's? From Virgil Tibbs
https://web.archive.org/web/200212290401...thist.html

Pete's post mention Oggie's. Does anyone recall what that was? I'm looking for an archive of it if it exists.
Ogden's Tavern. Back in the good ol' days, Blizzard's website for Diablo had several forums: the Strategy Forum, Technical Support, Suggestions, and Ogden's Tavern. Oggies was a nickname bestowed upon it by us in the DSF because it mostly consisted of jokes and idiocy (for lack of a better word). There were flame wars, arguments, and off topic discussion. I have snippets of various things I saved from the 1998-1999 era, it's not necessarily anything to re-read or be interested in. Blizzard did away with the 4 different forums a bit after the time Starcraft came out - to much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the green and black background they gave the look to (but eventually restored to make it less sci-fi).
Fun fact - the background of this website (the wood look) was stol...er, appropriated from Blizzard's official forums back in those original days.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(07-09-2020, 07:34 PM)Selby Wrote: Ogden's Tavern...it's not necessarily anything to re-read or be interested in.

Thanks! I do not need an archive of that to peruse.

Quote:Fun fact - the background of this website (the wood look) was stol...er, appropriated from Blizzard's official forums back in those original days.

That is too funny; both the fact and the text. Smile