Amazement
Wow! The last Diablo II post was almost a year ago. Am I the only person still playing this game? Yeah, it isn't D III or PoE, but until D IV is released, I think I'll just settle back with D II and enjoy the ride. It is like a good book in front of a cozy fire.
(03-15-2020, 01:26 PM)Mythic Wolf Wrote: Wow! The last Diablo II post was almost a year ago. Am I the only person still playing this game? Yeah, it isn't D III or PoE, but until D IV is released, I think I'll just settle back with D II and enjoy the ride. It is like a good book in front of a cozy fire.

I've recently taken up modding of DII once again, for personal play. It's been fun diving into the old values and play testing the changes. Although a little rough around the edges by modern standards, it's still a great game, especially with a few tweaks.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
I saw it mentioned on other sites, that thanks to the lockdown, a lot of people are revisiting old favorites. Personally, I quit playing computer games in 2005. I tried again a few times to play again, but it just wasn't the same. I went down the creative route instead, joined artforums (photoSIG anyone?), and have dabbled in metaphysical poetry, poetry slam, being a jack-of-all-trades at a radio show, acrylic painting, and these days, I've completed 2 dozen dark ambient albums (which are more than probably, inspired by my gaming!).

Now come the lockdown, and it's a completely different story. I was in a personal lockdown for months prior to the whole corona deal. Then one day, I woke up, and thought to myself "I am so happy, I think i'll venture out in the world now". And just blam! The lockdown happened. Hah. Come a month later, and I started playing Quake 1, then resurrected my old nintendo, had Secret of Evermore on it.

Was a lot of fun. Though, Quake turned too challenging. Was in a room full of baddies with no ammo? Big Grin And I wished it was more like Diablo, when you got the runes from completing each 1/4 of the game, you got no special powers from them?! And as soon as you died, you'd respawn without the runes? That makes you practically into a cheater, saving every 5 minutes or every time you meet a challenge...

Although, the 20:th anniversary said that there were no action RPGs like Diablo at the time, but Secret of Mana (1993) was before it. Still, Diablo's ease of use, making it possible, to, sort of, play through the game with only using a 2 button mouse, is incredible. I still miss out on moving my hero with the numerical keyboard, I'm getting pains in my right hand from holding the mouse buttons for hours on end.

Roland: Just how do you mod? I extracted the .TXTs from the patch mpq, and went on my jolly way editing them, but only like 10% of the edits register in-game? I don't get it... It used to be so easy to mod before. Angry