Gaming keyboard will not run macros after the Win 10 update
It seems like every time I install a major Win 10 update I have problems. This time, the macro keys on my Blackweb programmable keyboard no longer function. The keyboard is plug and play. There are no drivers for it. There is an app for managing the keyboard which I have on a CD.
I uninstalled all the keyboard drivers in device manager (there are 4), and then rebooted. All 4 were reinstalled after restart. The macro keys still didn't work.
Attempting to update the drivers I am told that I have the latest versions.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The macro keys still didn't work.

The app still functions to do things like change the color of the backlighting or make the lights blink. And, I can still reprogram the macro keys, but the macro keys don't work. The macros I want are very simple one step macros (typing a number).

At the suggestion of one website I made sure that "Filter Keys" is turned off in the ease of access keyboard settings.

Any ideas please? Thanks.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
(05-22-2018, 01:41 AM)Alram Wrote: Any ideas please? Thanks.

Do not replace it with a Gskill mechanical keyboard. The software is horribly buggy.

I do not have much else to offer. It may be good to know if it works on another computer.
Good idea. We have a Win 7 computer; I will check it there.
Thanks.
(05-28-2018, 04:55 PM)Alram Wrote: Good idea. We have a Win 7 computer; I will check it there.
Thanks.

Any progress?
(06-09-2018, 05:17 PM)GhastMaster Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 04:55 PM)Alram Wrote: Good idea. We have a Win 7 computer; I will check it there.
Thanks.

Any progress?

Thanks for asking. I have given up. At least my mouse has enough programmable keys to to compensate for the loss of the keyboard macros.
(05-22-2018, 01:41 AM)Alram Wrote: It seems like every time I install a major Win 10 update I have problems. This time, the macro keys on my Blackweb programmable keyboard no longer function. The keyboard is plug and play. There are no drivers for it. There is an app for managing the keyboard which I have on a CD.
I uninstalled all the keyboard drivers in device manager (there are 4), and then rebooted. All 4 were reinstalled after restart. The macro keys still didn't work.
Attempting to update the drivers I am told that I have the latest versions.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. The macro keys still didn't work.

The app still functions to do things like change the color of the backlighting or make the lights blink. And, I can still reprogram the macro keys, but the macro keys don't work. The macros I want are very simple one step macros (typing a number).

At the suggestion of one website I made sure that "Filter Keys" is turned off in the ease of access keyboard settings.

Any ideas please? Thanks.
Move it to another purpose.

Buy... for $90

Alienware Pro Gaming Mechanical Keyboard AW768 by Dell
- AlienFX 16.8M RGB 13 zone-based Lighting
- 15 programmable macro key functions

Link: http://a.co/e7uii97

But, then again I'm old and cranky. I'm done fighting new OS driver hell.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

(07-27-2018, 05:19 PM)kandrathe Wrote: Move it to another purpose.

Buy... for $90

Alienware Pro Gaming Mechanical Keyboard AW768 by Dell
- AlienFX 16.8M RGB 13 zone-based Lighting
- 15 programmable macro key functions

Link: http://a.co/e7uii97

But, then again I'm old and cranky. I'm done fighting new OS driver hell.

This is a very intriguing idea (My wife will like the keyboard!). But reading the reviews on the Amazon site the UI for the macros doesn't sound very good.
Quote:The UI is a pain in the rump to use. The macro function is absolute garbage if you plan on using the macro keys for complex key sequences. For example, if I program a macro to type a series of numbers, when the macro is used, it returns variable random sequence of those numbers, leaving some of the numbers out or jumbling them up. For me, this makes the macro keys absolutely useless.
So, I am looking into illuminated keyboards with decent macro UI.
I just ordered a Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard K740 with Laser-etched Backlit Keyboard.
Alram Wrote:This time, the macro keys on my Blackweb programmable keyboard no longer function.

(07-27-2018, 08:48 PM)Alram Wrote: I just ordered a Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard K740 with Laser-etched Backlit Keyboard.

I am upset that I did not recommend Logitech to you earlier. I have been extremely satisfied with the mice and keyboards I have used. That said, I do not see macro functionality on the Logitech K740. Does the software allow for global key reprogramming?
Well on the 740 all of the function keys are reprogrammable. The software for it is reliable -- that is the good side. The keys are not located conveniently - for me- like they were on my old keyboard. That is to say that they are fine for regular day to day usage, but for gaming --meh.
(08-08-2018, 06:05 PM)Alram Wrote: Well on the 740 all of the function keys are reprogrammable. The software for it is reliable -- that is the good side. The keys are not located conveniently - for me- like they were on my old keyboard. That is to say that they are fine for regular day to day usage, but for gaming --meh.

I thought at first you meant that it had 740 keys - excellent. I am on the lookout for a unicode keyboard, if it will ever permeate... (At least a smiley keyboard, please?)
(03-27-2019, 08:47 PM)foremma79 Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 06:05 PM)Alram Wrote: Well on the 740 all of the function keys are reprogrammable. The software for it is reliable -- that is the good side. The keys are not located conveniently - for me- like they were on my old keyboard. That is to say that they are fine for regular day to day usage, but for gaming --meh.

I thought at first you meant that it had 740 keys - excellent. I am on the lookout for a unicode keyboard, if it will ever permeate... (At least a smiley keyboard, please?)
Big Grin The name of the keyboard is the Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard K740
(03-27-2019, 10:44 PM)Alram Wrote: Big Grin The name of the keyboard is the Logitech Illuminated Ultrathin Keyboard K740
Are the keys noisy or quiet? I get a lot of grief on discord for how loud my key strokes are.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
The keys are not noisy except for the space bar. And that is relative. The space bar is certainly less noisy than the one on my typewriter. (I still have a typewriter, though I haven't used it in years.)
My wife was recently going insane with my constant clicking once Grim Dawn Forgotten Gods came out.... so I ordered a "silent" mouse and she didn't even know I was on the computer the other night, lol! So this is what I bought for $24.00:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BH...UTF8&psc=1

It worked so well the first couple of days. Now when I click the RMB, it squeeks like a rusty hinge, but it's still quieter than my old mouse so, take what you will from that.

Now I'm looking into getting a good 'silent' mechanical keyboard. I've seen some recommended online, but when I checked the price point, they pretty much start at $299. I like the idea of being backlit, but it's not imperative so long as it's quiet. And ergo-dynamic is not as important as functionality to me. Anyway, if you guys can recommend one for cheaper until I can afford the one I want, I'm open to suggestions. NVM, I just found a simliar one for under $100! Win-win:

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Mechanica...ics&sr=1-9
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin