Email options?
I currently run with 2 email accounts, 1 a Yahoo spam box, 1 an account on my ISP (Embarq). What would be a decent third choice? Yahoo tends to get auto-filtered into the trashcan, but has its uses (universal access, great to give for non-business stuff, etc.). Embarq has been laying eggs lately, and their email has been "iffy." So, what would be a decent third option, that is less likely to wind up in the trashcan than Yahoo, but wouldn't be expensive?
Quote:So, what would be a decent third option, that is less likely to wind up in the trashcan than Yahoo, but wouldn't be expensive?

Gmail. IMAP/POP/Web access, top notch spam filtering, and all for free.
Take a look around here and here. I'm sure you can find something that fits your taste and requirements.

I'm currently using Yahoo and Kittymail, not that the latter sees that much activity.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
You can't go wrong with Gmail. One of my favorite functions is to quickly be able to search through your entire inbox/outbox/sent items by typing in the word you're looking and clicking a single button. I regularly find myself in the position of having to locate old emails, and although I don't know when it was received, I usually find it within a couple of seconds thanks to this feature. The fact that the size of the inbox is more or less endless, removes not only the hassle of constantly having to delete stuff, but more importantly, leaves a long backtrail of correspondance to browse through when needbe.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Quote:Gmail. IMAP/POP/Web access, top notch spam filtering, and all for free.

I've had a gmail account for years that hadn't seen much use. But I've found it really useful this summer because I am working at a temporary job and didn't want to set up a separate email account just for that. I am grading a lot of papers that get emailed to me, and with gmail I can open the files at home or at school. I've been able to manage my work mails using the labels. The shared documents option is nice, too.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Gmail is the correct answer.
Quote:I currently run with 2 email accounts, 1 a Yahoo spam box, 1 an account on my ISP (Embarq). What would be a decent third choice?
Run one email account. Think outside the box.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete