I'm a Raider!
I WAS FEARED INTO THE FIRE AND CURSED AND KNOCKED BACK AND MY TEARS DIDN'T WORK FOR SOME REASON. I READ SOMEWHERE THAT THEY FAIL SOMETIMES WHEN THAT HAPPENS, MAN IT SUCKS WHEN WE JUST WIPE CUZ OF BAD LUCK HUH GUYS

Frankly, I found that excuse kinda long-winded. "It was lag" is much simpler.

Share your Archimonde pain stories...I have two!

1) Paladins tend to be a bit over-aggressive on Archimonde, since their Divine Shield is a "get-out-of-a-really-big-screwup-free" button. One Paladin I know would routinely swim in Doomfires under the assumption that he was the only healer in the raid and were thus critical to the survival of the main tank. He didn't have time for such petty things as kiting Doomfires, oh no. Besides, he had Divine Shield, allowing him to stand like a living God in amongst the worst Archimonde could offer.

The problem is, there's a cooldown on Divine Shield. And using it twice just didn't seem to work.

This Paladin would die a lot to Doomfires.

2) Mages can Blink out of Air Bursts. They'd often crow about how they can just blink out of it and keep DPS'ing Archimonde. Only losers get Air Bursted. When explaining how this separates them from their group, leaving people high and dry if they got Grip, well...that's someone else's problem.

Until that fateful day when for whatever reason ("lag!") Blink didn't work. Shooting up into the air, the Mage scrambled to find the Tears in his inventory, for he had never had to use it before. 6 seconds later, he welcomed the ground with a resounding thud, while the other members of his group floated safely down.

Took a while for him to live that one down.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Curse your post-BC raiding! I haven't had a work schedule that allows me to raid since... late '06.

Ummm... partially almost on-topic, my guild still won't let me forgot the time that I missed the / to say something in general chat once in BWL. Which is to say, I hit "1" while targetting Vael, before anyone in the raid was setup. "1" was my PoM-Pyro hotkey. :(

He was immune! But he didn't seem to care much.

Or maybe that time I had a ten second lag spike while fighting Vael and when my game started working again, I was dead, and had exploded the top 3 DPSers. We wiped at 1 percent, naturally.

I had really bad luck with Vael.
Quote:Which is to say, I hit "1" while targetting Vael, before anyone in the raid was setup. "1" was my PoM-Pyro hotkey. :(
Speaking of PoM-Pyro, my guild has a well-liked video of a classic Sunwell trash pug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfnGtmrsOD4

NSFW due to language. For those unfamiliar, the raid leader is trying to explain how this trash pull works. There is a scout that paths around nearby a giant mechanical robot. These robots are inactive, but the scouts can "wake them up." They attempt to do so when they are aggroed, so a raid has to blow the scout away in about 3 seconds or less before it activates the robot.

As the raid leader is counting down for everyone to wail on the scout, something special happens...and it's quite reminicient of the famous "DKP minus" raid leader.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Curse your post-BC raiding! I haven't had a work schedule that allows me to raid since... late '06.

Ummm... partially almost on-topic, my guild still won't let me forgot the time that I missed the / to say something in general chat once in BWL. Which is to say, I hit "1" while targetting Vael, before anyone in the raid was setup. "1" was my PoM-Pyro hotkey. :(

He was immune! But he didn't seem to care much.

Or maybe that time I had a ten second lag spike while fighting Vael and when my game started working again, I was dead, and had exploded the top 3 DPSers. We wiped at 1 percent, naturally.

I had really bad luck with Vael.

That reminds me of a hunter in our raid group on Vael. We had just wiped after an attempt and were done rebuffing and everything... when suddenly Vael has this really, really huge arrow sticking out of him. He naturally wasn't pleased and he wiped the entire raid in a matter of seconds, as we were all grouped up, easy targets for his flame breath.

The hunter who pulled him explained that he had set up Fraps to get the attempt on video, and had hit the keybinding he had to start it... without realizing that the exact same key was bound to Aimed Shot.

We demanded he give us the video as compensation, but he had already deleted it. >_>
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
1) Levitate with doomfire on.

2) Levitate with doomfire on.

3) Levitate with doomfire on.

46) Knocked into a tree, totally panicking due to an inability to see past the tree's leaves, not pressing anything at all and dying horribly.

47) Levitate with doomfire on.

78) Levitate with doomfire on.
Quote:Speaking of PoM-Pyro, my guild has a well-liked video of a classic Sunwell trash pug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfnGtmrsOD4

NSFW due to language. For those unfamiliar, the raid leader is trying to explain how this trash pull works. There is a scout that paths around nearby a giant mechanical robot. These robots are inactive, but the scouts can "wake them up." They attempt to do so when they are aggroed, so a raid has to blow the scout away in about 3 seconds or less before it activates the robot.

As the raid leader is counting down for everyone to wail on the scout, something special happens...and it's quite reminicient of the famous "DKP minus" raid leader.

-Bolty

Pretty funny, but it's not nearly as funny as Mr. Mordots.

Sounds like a Russian accent.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:Share your Archimonde pain stories...I have two!

Five wipes out of eight in one night were due to a priest I used to raid with, dieing to fall damage. He wasn't new to the fight.

He didn't stay in the guild for very long, after getting the boot for applying to another one. Turns out his story was that he was hitting Mass Dispell instead of the tears.

:rolleyes:

I also may or may not have started attacking half a second earlier then I always did on the pull... 15k melee to the face NOT GOOD.

Quote:2) Mages can Blink out of Air Bursts.

I'll be sure to remind our mages of that trick. That should be one way to make our Archimonde nights a little more interesting. :lol:

Quote:NSFW due to language. For those unfamiliar, the raid leader is trying to explain how this trash pull works. There is a scout that paths around nearby a giant mechanical robot. These robots are inactive, but the scouts can "wake them up." They attempt to do so when they are aggroed, so a raid has to blow the scout away in about 3 seconds or less before it activates the robot.

Curse that video! My guild made such a big deal out of the scouts when we started SWP... (We naturally missed the first one by a fraction of a second). Everyone started arguing about how to kill them before they start channeling the robot, after the first wipe...

Quote:Russian accent
Sounds mediterrainian, to me.