Which armor is better?
Hi, I'm playing Diablo 1 Middle Earth mod and got a new mail from Griswold but I'm not sure if it's better than the old one. The old one is awesome scale mail of evasion (57 plus 144% armor and -12 damage taken) and the new one is awesome scale mail of deflection (65 plus 155% armor and -9 damage taken). The first one has 139 points of armor and the second one is 165 but with 3 points of damage taken fewer. Which one is better?
It's difficult to give you a good answer without knowing more of your stats (I'm also not overly familiar with ME), but I'd recommend keeping the old armour, and trying the new one for a few days. If you seem to be taking damage faster than you were before, then the difference in AC is not making up for the damage mitigation, so swap back.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Thnx for your reply Smile
No idea what if any changes that mod made to how AC works... But the way it works in vanilla is that your armor is basically good enough or it isn't... Sometimes 15-20 points can really make the difference and sometimes it doesn't. Depends a lot on your CLVL vs the monsters MLVL. I would always recommend -dfe for floors full of ranged enemies though.
Thnx for your reply.