Ask the noob
So I'll still do my little progress reports with Taki but I'm also happy to answer direct questions folks have. No guarantee that I'll be able to, but then we have other beta testers on the Lounge who might be able. Sure sure folks can look stuff up on other sites and stuff but I'm a Lurker. :)

So I had two questions from folks on Terenas.

How was the shaman PvP gear reitemized?
They turned str into AP. So if it had 21 str it now has zero str and 42 more AP

What is where Dalaran used to be?
A big crater. I took some screen shots I'll upload them in a bit. Here are some screenshots

I also recall a question about phasing implementation. I've been keeping my eye out for it, but haven't seen anything yet. The beta will get about 10 hours a week play time from me so I'll see what I can see. I have a priest, shaman and hunter over there and I'll likely be moving a pally. I also have a deathknight.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I have heard warrior tanking is very, very different.

That people are complaining of not being able to hold aggro in the early instances with tanking gear. Due to mechanics changes which makes threat scale very well with STR / AP while significantly boosting the amount of shield block per STR, they are using DPS or Arena gear as tank gear more successfully than tank gear.

I don't know if you transferred Kam at any point. Probably not, so you probably can't speak to this.

Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I also recall a question about phasing implementation.
...snip...
I also have a deathknight.
From what I read in the first report of the 'phasing', it was used a fair amount in the deathknight starting area to progress its story line. That would be the first place that I would look at to see what are hopefully the more obvious effects of what it may used to portray.
So the only difference between Enhancement gear and Hunter gear is cosmetic and set bonuses now?:P

Do they still waste itemization points on mp5 for Enhancement gear?

And what's this I keep hearing about no Resilience?
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:I'll likely be moving a pally. I also have a deathknight.

You know I just looked at the pally builds and think that just from first glance at the talents, a shockadin build looks about the same viability and damage as a ret build. It has a BUNCH more crit added to it than current, JotW is accessible to holy shock, illumination works on holy shock, so you alleviate a lot of the mana issues that ret has that way. Plus JotW is more MP5 for holy shock simply because you actually will get INT on your gear instead of wearing mostly warrior gear.

If I were you, I'd be transferring a pally and just play around with this spec because it's currently pretty trash in 2.x, but the changes to 3.x look to make it solo, raid and potentially even arena viable with the right team. Something like that would be fun to test out. For the first time I'm looking at pally talents going "man, I could level my pally from level 10" (then I think of how much time that would take).
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:So the only difference between Enhancement gear and Hunter gear is cosmetic and set bonuses now?:P
Yep from what I've seen, hunters and enh shammies use the same gear fairly well, though right now enh shaman are very borked in the current build. Windfury Weapon rank 5 (they added 4 new ranks you can train right away) is the only one that procs correctly and even then only on the off hand.

Quote:Do they still waste itemization points on mp5 for Enhancement gear?
Not that I've seen. I've seen very little MP/5 from quest gear at least.

Quote:And what's this I keep hearing about no Resilience?
I have not idea I still see resilience on my transfered gear. I have not looked at the newest gear though.
---
Quote:You know I just looked at the pally builds and think that just from first glance at the talents, a shockadin build looks about the same viability and damage as a ret build. It has a BUNCH more crit added to it than current, JotW is accessible to holy shock, illumination works on holy shock, so you alleviate a lot of the mana issues that ret has that way. Plus JotW is more MP5 for holy shock simply because you actually will get INT on your gear instead of wearing mostly warrior gear.

If I were you, I'd be transferring a pally and just play around with this spec because it's currently pretty trash in 2.x, but the changes to 3.x look to make it solo, raid and potentially even arena viable with the right team. Something like that would be fun to test out. For the first time I'm looking at pally talents going "man, I could level my pally from level 10" (then I think of how much time that would take).

I've got my pally over there now and I've got him spec'd like this. Based on the character screen stats look good. Since I've hit 70 with Taki now and I figure his experience from this point forward will be very similar to any toon that transfered at 70 I'll be playing my other toons more now and I'll get back to you on it.
---
Quote:And what's this I keep hearing about no Resilience?

In the original F&F alpha leaks, Resilience was listed as no longer working in PvE encounters. This was pulled BEFORE the actual beta, however. The rumor has been persistent and keeps coming back, though.

Blizzard HAS confirmed it is a rumor, though. They also claim they have no idea what started it.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk