September News/Discussion
Quote:http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/10/ghost...ed-to-blizzcon/

Owned.

Yeah. :blush:

In my defense, everyone said GC was female when I posted that. <_<
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:...
It's so worth it for the pirate outfit. :)

-Bolty
As a fellow admiral, may I ask if you have repaired your goblin rep?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Quote:As a fellow admiral, may I ask if you have repaired your goblin rep?
Getting there.

I have found Free Knot runs to be ridiculously profitable. As an enchanter, I can DE the boss drops into Large Brilliant Shards, Greater Eternal Essences, and Illusion Dust, all of which sell for more than their Outland equivalents at the Auction House. That, plus the class books that still sell for upward of 45g (and I can keep listing them for free until they do) each, have netted me thousands of gold in the last few weeks while repping up.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Getting there.

I have found [url=http://www.wowhead.com/?quest=5525] That, plus the class books that still sell for upward of 45g (and I can keep listing them for free until they do) each, have netted me thousands of gold in the last few weeks while repping up.

-Bolty

Why would people still buy the class books? I don't really understand...

--Mav
Quote:Why would people still buy the class books? I don't really understand...
Maybe this guy.
[Image: runoftheguardcaptaingn2ed1.jpg]
Quote:Getting there.
Obviously you need to work on your Darkmoon rep.

With the Bloodsail Fortran is 4726/12000, and she was crushed to learn that she could not reach exalted. She would like to go for revered, but probably not any time soon if she has to grind it out by herself. (The highest any of my characters have with Darkmoon is 2175/6000.)

For repairing rep, killing Southsea pirates sounds faster than doing Knot runs. But then the pirates are not as profitable.
Quote:Obviously you need to work on your Darkmoon rep.
I've considered it, but there are limits to my insanity. Maybe someday if there were literally nothing left to work on at all, I might bother...

Quote:For repairing rep, killing Southsea pirates sounds faster than doing Knot runs. But then the pirates are not as profitable.
I've done the pirates too...running around casting rank 3 or 4 SW:P on them nonstop. I found it to be less enjoyable. I think a lot of it depends on your class in terms of speed. One Free Knot score equals 700 mob kills for the non-Ratchet factions, and when you throw in Ogre Tannin turnins at 75 rep each, I'd say Free Knot is faster - IF you're the right class, and you don't have terrible drop luck with the keys. I've had times where I run DM for 2 hours and get no keys, but then I've had times where I score 1750 rep per hour because the keys drop like candy. That's 3,500 pirate kills worth in less than an hour...

A Rogue or Druid can stealth around the instance. As a Priest, I can Mind Soothe every mob in there but the dogs, and as a result I only ever have to kill four things - the four "bosses." Even the Ogres guarding the Tannin basket can be Mind Soothed while I grab the Tannin, and the only time I fight any non-boss mobs in Dire Maul is when Mind Soothe gets resisted (1% chance, which becomes 0% chance today with the patch, yay!). It's also less mindless than killing pirates and more engaging overall.

A Mage, for instance, would find pirate-killing to be much faster. Ice Lance the day away, because they cannot sneak around all the mobs in Dire Maul like I can.

Factor in the incredible profit margins of the Dire Maul runs (only because I'm an enchanter) and I haven't been fighting Southsea pirates in quite a while now. If I were a non-enchanter Warlock, for instance, I'd agree that the pirates are the better route.

Who's buying the class books? I don't know, really. I just know that I keep throwing them up on the AH for 45g and they keep selling. People also put theirs up, underbidding me, but I don't really care because it doesn't cost anything to list them. They'll sell eventually. Interestingly, the Hunter books sell the most consistently. I also scored a Furor's Guide (the epic book) and I'm seeing what that will sell for.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Oops...
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:September 14 News

In other news, it's October. :whistling:
Quote:In other news, it's October. :whistling:

Haha. Sure enough. S'what I get for writing up the news before the morning coffee. Thanks for the catch.;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Maybe this guy.
[Image: runoftheguardcaptaingn2ed1.jpg]

What? The poor guy obviously never found any trinkets besides that one and he thought he might just as well improve his staff whacking uberness.

*snicker*
Former www.diablo2.com webmaster.

When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.
Quote:I also scored a Furor's Guide (the epic book) and I'm seeing what that will sell for.
Just sold it for 950g. O.o.

-Bolty
Quote:Just sold it for 950g. O.o.

-Bolty

Is there an achievement associated with this thing? Seems like that might spur someone with too much gold into a spending frenzy.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:Is there an achievement associated with this thing? Seems like that might spur someone with too much gold into a spending frenzy.
No. At least not retroactively. I still have my quel and no feat of strength or achievement.
Last night I noticed that Blizzard changed the blood parrot to despawn when one removes the admiral's hat. In this respect it is now like the spirit coyote from OH. I realize the blood parrot would be so over powered at 80 that it had to be nerfed, but I was very, very sad to see the change.