Treachery vs Duriel's shell
My act 2 might merc is currently using an obedience cryptic axe, tal's mask, and duriel's shell. I've just realized that the resistance from obedience means the merc will have max resists from that alone. So the only thing I'm really getting from duriel is cannot be frozen, defense, life and strength. I've also found a few fal runes which were transmuted to lem and was wondering what would work better.

Treachery's big ias would improve the chance of a crushing blow. Fade gives 15% damage reduce and also 65 resist all which would be some serious stacking vs conviction bosses. Venom would help against physical immunes. Hit recovery is also rather nice. It does seem to win in the style area.

On the other hand, the lack of cannot be frozen could mean trouble when facing those corrupted rogues who shoot ice arrows as well as cold enchanted ranged attackers. It'd also be annoying. The missing of 15 strength might mean somewhat less damage, though I'm not sure by how much. Duriel's shell also offers some life though it's not much compared to a merc's life pool.

Or perhaps I can transmute my lums for ko, and get an upgraded duriel's shell? I would do this, but it would seem my friend needs to make smoke for his werewolf.

P.S. Finding that random gem to transmute runes is sooo annoying.;)

Edit: Or perhaps duress for deadly strike and crushing?
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)