Next WoW Expansion? The Dark Below
Blizzard trademarked the name "The Dark Below" today, right around the same time of year they've trademarked the last three expansions prior to the Blizzcon reveals.

The name indicates a WoW expansion based upon the Naga, Azshara, and/or the Old Gods. There are a number of in-game clues supporting this, such as Ozumat, the five-man boss from Cataclysm, with the title <Fiend from the Dark Below>. Also, a quote from Ra-den, the Algalon-style "bonus" boss of the latest Throne of Thunder raid, upon defeating him: "But there is a yawning chasm of darkness beneath you, mortals. Vast, endless, and all-consuming. I do not believe that you can correct this doomed course."

Looks like the Abyssal Maw raid, the one "cancelled" in Cataclysm, may yet enter the game...

There's an off-chance this name could be used for Diablo III, but it seems unlikely.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(08-13-2013, 07:12 PM)Bolty Wrote: There's an off-chance this name could be used for Diablo III, but it seems unlikely.

Seems just ambiguous enough that it could be Diablo related, however, I think any "below" in the Diablo universe is more likely described as "burning," "hells," "pit(s)," "demon(-ic)," or "Baal's."

The only thing I'm sure of is that there will be no tie-in with the Warhammer universe(s) - the "grim" is missing from Blizzard's "dark."
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Have to wonder what the next expansion will bring - level to 95? 100? A new continent, race or class?

I also have to wonder how they're going to handle the number squish. As it is, my tank is getting close to astronomical numbers in health even without gearing/gemming for stamina. TD's tank is close to a million health right now. How in the world are they going to handle that next expansion?
Speculation abounds regarding the xpack, but MMO-Champion is reporting that the name "The Dark Below" is not an actual trademark application and is instead a hoax, given that anyone can essentially apply for a trademark through the .gov website under any name unofficially. The word of this started on scribd and MMO-Champion picked it up from there. Hoax, reality, guess we'll find out at Blizzcon.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.