How can I install Hellfire on Windows 7?
I have the setup window come up and when I press "install", the window disappears. Has anyone had success? If so, how did you do it?

Edit: Sorry. I forgot to mention I tried different compatibilities to no avail. Ran as admin. Is it even possible with a 64 bit OS?
I managed to install it on Windows 8 ultimate. The patch installer to v 1.01 doens´t run though.

Although i did have the same problem you are relating some times before.

The good thing is that all the installer does is copy the CD files to the directory of your choosing, something you can do manually using Windows Explorer.

Just copy the entire content of the Hellfire CD into the folder of your preference inside your PC, then run hellfire.exe from it.
Although the installer generate some registry entires during setup, they aren´t mandatory for the game to run.

You might also want to try this patch here. http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-13318.html
Its an unnoficial 1.02 hellfire patch made by an user of this very forums, who corrects lots of things still present in the official 1.01 version, plus adds some new cool features like all player appearing on automap, running in town even on multiplayer, etc...

If you preffer to use the 1.01 version, you won´t be able to run the update setup on a x64 enviroment, but you can download a zipped file with all the 1.01 files on my website here.
http://tavernadigital.net/jogospc/diablo...patch-v101

Just click the button where it says "Download Diablo Hellfire 1.01 patch (zipado)"
(05-14-2013, 11:42 PM)GhastMaster Wrote: Is it even possible with a 64 bit OS?

I can't say I've tried it with every 64 bit OS, but I did manage to install HF on Vista Business 64 bit. Though it was a pain in the rear to get MP running, simply due to admin rights\permission.

Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what I did, but very likely it was similar\identical to what gugutz mentioned. Manual install.
(05-16-2013, 03:51 PM)gugutz Wrote: ...
Just copy the entire content of the Hellfire CD into the folder of your preference inside your PC, then run hellfire.exe from it.
Although the installer generate some registry entires during setup, they aren´t mandatory for the game to run.

You might also want to try this patch here. http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-13318.html
Its an unnoficial 1.02 hellfire patch made by an user of this very forums, who corrects lots of things still present in the official 1.01 version, plus adds some new cool features like all player appearing on automap, running in town even on multiplayer, etc...

If you preffer to use the 1.01 version, you won´t be able to run the update setup on a x64 enviroment, but you can download a zipped file with all the 1.01 files on my website here.
http://tavernadigital.net/jogospc/diablo...patch-v101

Just click the button where it says "Download Diablo Hellfire 1.01 patch (zipado)"

Thanks a bunch! That did the trick. Thanks for hosting the extracted patch files! I was trying to get virtual pc working before I saw this. I tried to get diablo running on that, to no avail.
(05-17-2013, 01:36 AM)GhastMaster Wrote: Thanks a bunch! That did the trick. Thanks for hosting the extracted patch files! I was trying to get virtual pc working before I saw this. I tried to get diablo running on that, to no avail.

Np. Glad it helped.
Don´t forget that hellfire is based on diablo 1.04 and saves multiplayer characters under C:\windows folder, as hrinfo_X.drv files. Backup those files regularly.
And since this folder is protected on WinNT6.x based systems, you have to run Hellfire as admin to be able to create a new multiplayer character.

About Diablo, if you update it to 1.09 you should have no problems running it on Win7/8
Diablo 1.09 singleplayer and multplayer characters are saved within the game folder, so running as admin is not needed.
Good info. Diablo installed just fine on 64-bit Windows 7 for me. I use the dxwrapper for the color and affinity problems. I have that in the hellfire folder as well and it works great. I presume the Hellfire installer and patcher use 16-bit operations which wouldn't be able to run on a 64-bit OS.