3.0 Mount Macro
#showtooltip
#showicon
/cast [modifier:alt] Great Gray Kodo
/cast [flyable,nocombat,nomounted]Silver Riding Nether Ray; [nocombat,nomounted] Great Gray Kodo
/dismount [mounted]

For those interested.
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
It is a shame that there doesn't seem to be a macro command for random mount choosing. You should still be able to do a /castrandom, but people are going to have a ton more mounts than will fit in a macro with having to list them out.
So with the new server side macros, is it still possible to create all my macros with a text editor?

I still see the macros-cache.txt files being created. Has anyone tried just adding new macros there and seeing if it works as it used to?
Quote:So with the new server side macros, is it still possible to create all my macros with a text editor?

I still see the macros-cache.txt files being created. Has anyone tried just adding new macros there and seeing if it works as it used to?

I haven't tried that but I can still copy from my text editor and paste into the macro window without any issues.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:It is a shame that there doesn't seem to be a macro command for random mount choosing. You should still be able to do a /castrandom, but people are going to have a ton more mounts than will fit in a macro with having to list them out.

This was brought up during Blizzcon, I believe, and they replied that it might be added in a future patch. Hopefully soon.:)
I haven't been able to get that to work yet... not suprising since I run on Linux. Paste on linux is middle mouse click which is grabbed by WoW.
Quote:I haven't been able to get that to work yet... not suprising since I run on Linux. Paste on linux is middle mouse click which is grabbed by WoW.

Remember that you can Shift-Click a spell to have be pasted into the macro/text area. So you can avoid having mis-types of the spell/item names. Just not the qualifiers or cast text.

-WimpySmurf
Gracile 85 DK wowarmory
Faible 83 Pally wowarmory
Wimpy 82 War wowarmory
Zwakke 80 Sha wowarmory
Quote:I haven't been able to get that to work yet... not suprising since I run on Linux. Paste on linux is middle mouse click which is grabbed by WoW.
ctrl-v should work as paste in WoW even in Linux, or at least I think it did.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:ctrl-v should work as paste in WoW even in Linux, or at least I think it did.

I believe you are correct. I think WoW will recognize that as a paste from buffer command. Sadly I've not had a linux install up for awhile, but I recall pasting stuff into Windows apps that I was running on linux via a control-v and one of them was a game.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:ctrl-v should work as paste in WoW even in Linux, or at least I think it did.

Oh it used to be so straightforward. Then some yokel got the idea that it would be cool to have two different clipboards in X11 and different apps use different ones so it is a matter of getting your data into the right clipboard (the one wine is looking at).

But that isn't the issue here since the whole xcutsel thing doesn't solve the problem. It may be a wine configuration issue. Possibly I may have bound ctrl-v to something which would be kind of humorous (it doesn't do anything or give an error but maybe I should scan my keybindings).

Here is a thread on the subject.

Looks like a couple mods are already available until Blizzard comes up with their solution:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...228503360&sid=1
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Personally, I use Mounted for my random mountage. It's a little tricky to work with initially (You basically have to edit the macros in the /mounted interface menu), but when it works, it works excellently.

The main kicker is that it works from a global space macro, which updates itself every time it's used. This means it's generally cross-character, and you can just drag the Mounted macro to any of your toolbars for it to work, rather than using an additional user interface device.

Still, that random critter macro is excellent.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Here is a thread on the subject.

Looks like a couple mods are already available until Blizzard comes up with their solution:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...228503360&sid=1

These work fine, by the way.

--Mav