Mostly witch doctor stuff
That's why my toughness numbers are so damn high, it's to make sure you have at least a 50/50 shot of living through a 10s disconnect. It's not for when you're playing it's for when things go to hell. That's the point in stacking vitality, it simply takes longer to drain the overall pool than simply stacking defenses. Mind you, I'm running a minimum of 70% in the 'non-main' mitigation and 80%+ on the main mitigation as well so I'm basically a EHP-sucker. When you're playing and have healing options, obviously mitigation > vit is the preferred method.

Eh, thanks for the compliment, but I honestly don't even know how to play SC anymore I've been doing this HC thing so damn long (over a decade... eesh).
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(04-22-2014, 03:50 AM)Frag Wrote: Your gear is amazing and your stats are shockingly bad, Aahzmadius.

I felt the same thing when I looked over his character sheet.

I would be very interesting to see in-game stats as well as to what level of gearing your normal play group is running with Aahz.

The main thing I see when I look at your character is a major conflict in hatred spenders between your Big Hitter cluster arrow and Sentry. You have a LOT invested into Sentry. Between a slot on your bar, hatred required to cast it (which competes with cluster arrow), an equipment slot in your quiver, and an entire passive slot all dedicated to this one skill. I question how much you are really getting out of this compared to how much it is costing you.

Do you feel the damage reduction from your Sentries/Passive is necessary to keep your team alive?

With your gearing you should be able to swap some things around and practically snore through T1 by fully committing to the cluster arrow/non-hatred generator build.

The only reason I would not recommend this for you is if your team really needs that damage reduction from Sentries. And when it comes down to it, applying damage reduction from Sentries isn't the greatest in efficiency.

If you were to switch over to the full cluster arrow build I would expect to see your damage shoot through the roof and any loss in the defense from Sentries would probably be gained back in sheer killing speed.
(04-22-2014, 09:02 PM)Frag Wrote: That's why my toughness numbers are so damn high, it's to make sure you have at least a 50/50 shot of living through a 10s disconnect. It's not for when you're playing it's for when things go to hell. That's the point in stacking vitality, it simply takes longer to drain the overall pool than simply stacking defenses. Mind you, I'm running a minimum of 70% in the 'non-main' mitigation and 80%+ on the main mitigation as well so I'm basically a EHP-sucker. When you're playing and have healing options, obviously mitigation > vit is the preferred method.

Eh, thanks for the compliment, but I honestly don't even know how to play SC anymore I've been doing this HC thing so damn long (over a decade... eesh).

It make sense.

Unfortunately, most of the deaths in this game are due more to cheezy mechanics and other factors beyond the players control (whether its stupid combos on elites like jailer and frozen, or lag/disconnects/rubber banding) than it is due to player error. And in most of these situations no amount mitigation or vit can save you. You could have 500k hp with 3500 all resist and overall 90% dmg reduction, but if you get vortexed into a molten explosion, thats pretty much insta-death regardless.

It's why I have been saying since the beginning that many elites are completely broken and need to be re-done. The monsters themselves aren't challenging so much as they are tedious, because we are fighting their affixes more than the monsters themselves.

I think elites should be redone completely and made to be more challenging instead of using poorly designed crowd control mechanics that are basically saying "you know, you are doing to good, its time for you to die but the only way we can make that happen is by taking control of your char away from you". I want to fight the monsters themselves, not their affixes. Blizz could get totally creative with this, for instance...

Imagine something like skeleton archers that can cast multi-shot or strafe, or oppressors that can actually stun u with their melee attack (but an attack that IS visible and can be avoided similar to Diablo's bone prison or a dark berserkers overhead swing). I think this would make elites more genuinely engaging and challenge the players skill, instead just being a poorly implemented gear check that is more frustrating than it is challenging. They have the right idea sort of with Lacuni Warriors and their whirlwind attack.

Most boss fights (with the exception of Malhael) suffer from the opposite problem - they are too easy and predictable, and with enough mitigation u can pretty much stand in one spot the whole fight and win with few exceptions. But they have the right idea - their attacks should be able to be seen and be avoidable, but do much more damage then they currently do. Azmodan's fireball is a good example - its easily avoided, but if it does hit you, it hurts. A lot. Yet it should probably do more than it currently does, as hes still pretty much a pushover for me even on T4.. I enjoy the Malthael fight quite a bit - he's challenging (but in a good way, not in a artificial way like most elites are) and should be set an example on how the other bosses as well as elites should be designed.

In short, buff bosses, nerf (or perhaps re-design is a better word) elite packs. Bosses should be the most challenging things in the game, not elite packs (who are artificially difficult anyways).
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(04-22-2014, 11:26 PM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: I would be very interesting to see in-game stats as well as to what level of gearing your normal play group is running with Aahz.

Here are a few of the chars I've run with recently (they don't need Numbing Traps):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bulvi...o/40299878
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tedor...o/41409846
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Soryu...o/44895153

Last night we ran rifts on Master. Sadly, another DH I recently grouped with deeded. Oh, here's that monk that was farming in T1 (Ssthrass only at T3):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VTMat...o/35070722

Quote:The main thing I see when I look at your character is a major conflict in hatred spenders between your Big Hitter cluster arrow and Sentry. You have a LOT invested into Sentry. Between a slot on your bar, hatred required to cast it (which competes with cluster arrow), an equipment slot in your quiver, and an entire passive slot all dedicated to this one skill. I question how much you are really getting out of this compared to how much it is costing you.

Do you feel the damage reduction from your Sentries/Passive is necessary to keep your team alive?

Sentry is a solid skill, primarily as something to DPS while I kite. It doesn't cost that much from a resource standpoint, since it's a fire skill (Cindercoat). It shines in a couple of places: Cursed events and Rift Guardians. 4 sentries against the guardian helps burn him down fast. Now having said all that, I'm not in love with Numbing Traps...what would you recommend?

Quote:With your gearing you should be able to swap some things around and practically snore through T1 by fully committing to the cluster arrow/non-hatred generator build.

If you were to switch over to the full cluster arrow build I would expect to see your damage shoot through the roof and any loss in the defense from Sentries would probably be gained back in sheer killing speed.

I still consider this character an alt, so I'm not willing to commit a ton of resources to it. The drops have guided my skill choices; some crafting will fill in some Toughness holes. But I still kill pretty fast, even on T1. While I don't doubt that some better gear would allow me to switch to a non-hatred generator build, it's going to be awhile before I build that up. Or maybe tonight a Kridershot will drop; I'll gladly switch to that in a heartbeat!
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career
(04-23-2014, 01:54 PM)Aahzmadius Wrote: Sentry is a solid skill, primarily as something to DPS while I kite. It doesn't cost that much from a resource standpoint, since it's a fire skill (Cindercoat). It shines in a couple of places: Cursed events and Rift Guardians. 4 sentries against the guardian helps burn him down fast. Now having said all that, I'm not in love with Numbing Traps...what would you recommend?

I still consider this character an alt, so I'm not willing to commit a ton of resources to it. The drops have guided my skill choices; some crafting will fill in some Toughness holes. But I still kill pretty fast, even on T1. While I don't doubt that some better gear would allow me to switch to a non-hatred generator build, it's going to be awhile before I build that up. Or maybe tonight a Kridershot will drop; I'll gladly switch to that in a heartbeat!

I don't think you need to change much gear at all. I'm assuming that once in game your Crit chance is probably around 46%? I think the biggest change gear-wise I would consider is to try swapping out the quiver for a second 1-hand crossbow. The hypothetical strongest combination for main hand/off hand is a 1-hand crossbow and a quiver, but that assumes the crossbow you are using is Calamity allowing you to have even more % damage items which magnify each other. I think that until you get a Calamity for that main hand you will generally get more bang for your buck with a second crossbow with an emerald.

For an example, my DH is much lower geared than yours (See below link) and I snooze through T1. I can play in T2 without much major threat but I find it more efficient to stay in T1 now. *Obviously the threats by moving up to T2 are much more pronounced in Hardcore or if you have a lower connection. I'm running 50 down/5 up so I don't have much issue with latency in game.*

Skellum

With my gearing Twin Chakram is essentially free as long as I keep my Pride's Fall buff up. For you it would be even more efficient. Using Preperation/Punishment I can spam Cluster Arrow to my hearts content and when I start to fall low on resources switch to Twin Chakram to rack up Crits and power up my Discipline with Nightstalker which in-turn is used to refuel the hatred. Rinse/Repeat. Vengeance is popped for Champions/Rares or Bosses and 90% of them get burned down before Vengeance wears off. Some highly mobile rift bosses will outlast the Vengeance buff but at that point they are at about 20% health and I can just play it safe at a distance.

Bat for me is less a necessity and more just a nicety for smoothing things out in those areas where it becomes impossible to keep up Pride's Fall.

Awareness is used because for my present T1 farming it keeps up my Pride's Fall longer which keeps me moving and killing, but on higher T levels Perfectionist is my preferred skill.

Anyways, I think you have a lot of viable options to maximize that Cluster Arrow magnification while not losing much (if any) in the defensive areas. If those types of things are of interest to you.
[Image: Screenshot105.jpg]

Found a nice SoJ with arcane dmg and Tal Rasha's Brace - two HUGE upgrades. Running T4 pretty efficient now. I still need Ice Climbers though, and Tal's chest piece to get the free meteors ^^

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Gratz on 400, F.I.T.! And that SoJ will serve you well; I love the one my DH found.

Speaking of, I ran lots of T1 rifts with her last night. Got a nice bow upgrade at the end of the run, so I'm looking forward to trying that out tonight. I took some of Chesspiece's advice and switched to a no-generator build. However, I have not yet given up my beloved Sentry skill/quiver. Screen DPS is now at 680k; Toughness at 6.8MM (still with a low life pool of 315k).

Char: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...o/26203755

Build: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/de...YSe!caYcZc

Can't say I know much about DH these days other than the fact almost all play a fire build based on Loaded for Bear. But it is difficult for me to imagine playing this class w/o the use of a generator, since hatred is a fairly slowly regenerating source. I guess with enough resource cost reduction it becomes possible?

I know on Wiz playing w/o a primary spell is pretty difficult, especially with the sharp nerf to APoC.

Ofc if you get a Mirror Ball with +2 magic missile bonus and you have some decent +fire dmg gear, Magic Missile actually becomes your main damage dealer. Fire builds seem to be the fashion right now (especially on Wiz and DH), though I'm sticking with Arcane on my Wiz. While fire builds are probably tops in terms of dmg output, Arcane has the advantage of crowd control with the Temp Flux passive and the skills are easier to build around imo. Fire builds like chainapocalypse build is very effective but requires a WoH to make it work, and meteor builds require lots of resource cost reduction that takes up precious stats on gear slots. With Arcane builds there is much more room for gear enchanting, not to mention you can choose between both a traditional skill or a channeling build. Furthermore, fire builds are predominantly fire ONLY because you need all fire skills on the bar to fully maximize the Conflagration passive. With Arcane though, you can incorporate other elements into the build to utilize Elemental Exposure passive that gives you and your party a nice dmg boost, all the while having your primary damage dealer be an Arcane skill. I do want to try out a fire build on my other wiz one day but I am still quite certain that Arcane wiz is still the best overall, at least a higher torment levels, despite the enormous popularity of fire builds right now Smile

Update on Wiz look and stats:

[Image: Screenshot107.jpg]

I think fire builds are being driven by Magefist and Cindercoat, where the gloves give you 5 primary stats and Cindercoat the RCR-but only for fire skills. I assume the next content patch and/or expansion will address that with new legendaries granting other elemental bonuses.

Oh, and I'm not sure where I got that 680k number above-maybe some kind of group buff I didn't realize was on. In town I'm at either 500k or 580k (with Steady Aim). Obviously elemental + skill damage boosts that. As far as the no-generator build, it would be tough to pull off solo, but it works in groups in T1. Health globes are yummy.

Found another hand crossbow that was the exact same (but worse) as my current one, and it's not like I can dual-wield 2 of the same leg. Would like to see some Torment only set items at some point, but nothing for the DH so far. One of the reasons I switched over to more DH play is the monk T-only sets are garbage. Something else to be patched in, hopefully...

(05-01-2014, 01:09 PM)Aahzmadius Wrote: As far as the no-generator build, it would be tough to pull off solo, but it works in groups in T1. Health globes are yummy.

No Generator build is extremely easy to play solo. Much easier than playing in a group actually.

The key factors in a DH no-generator build are Reapers Wraps and Blood Vengeance so you can refill your entire Hatred pool with a Health Globe, Pride's Fall for the ~30% cost reduction buff, and the combination of Preparation/Punishment and Night Stalker. Cindercoat's fire cost reduction is an added bonus if you have it for efficiency.

Game flow is to keep your Pride's fall buff up as much as possible and whenever you are running low on hatred use the most efficient recharge available to you (Health Globe, Preparation, Bat). At times you will end up spending most of your Discipline by funneling it into Hatred with Preparation and then you will focus on regenerating your Discipline. This is done either by using a skill that can do lots of AoE hits combined with Night Stalker (I use Twin Chakram) or by using Multishot along with the Discipline regen rune. I find the first option to be most efficient.

You don't need to waste a space on your bar for an attack that does low damage but regenerates Hatred because your primary method of regenerating Hatred is Health Globes and Preperation, and those methods are far more efficient than spamming a weak generator attack. The only thing you need to worry about then is generating Discipline.
Well, it took 44 days and in excess of 26,000 blood shards - but today Kadala finally gave it up (no, not that gutter minded sewer rats Wink ). Iiiiiiiiiicccceee Climbers.

I couldn't believe it. I had pretty much given up ever finding them and was just dropping the shards on boots cause there is nowhere else to spend them.

(04-23-2014, 11:48 PM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: I don't think you need to change much gear at all. I think the biggest change gear-wise I would consider is to try swapping out the quiver for a second 1-hand crossbow.

So I finally got Myriam to cough up a socket on a 2nd Danetta's xbow, and I switched to a build closer to what you suggested:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...o/26203755

I've done a few T1 rifts with it, and I think I'm ready for T2-but I'm waiting to craft a couple of good Aughild's pieces (helm now in stash; just need bracers). I realize that losing Pride's Fall and Reapers will lower the number of Cluster Arrows I can throw out, but I really want that extra damage buffer against Corrupted Angel and Exarch elite mobs. I've also switched one of the affixes on the SoJ, and manged to add a 3rd socket to the Cindercoat. Oh, and my DH is pretty much my main now, despite what I wrote above.

F.I.T., congrats on the Ice Climbers! They get rid of a lot of dangerous situations as well as minor annoyances (doors in the Pandemonium Fortress). I just have to remember that when I switch over to my monk, she DOES have to worry about frozen. Speaking of monk, I took her into some T2 rifts for the first time last night, with good results. I was playing with a high-DPS barb, so I just had to group up mobs and provide support. CS + EP + (DPS from group) works quite well together. Now seems like a good time to reiterate how poorly the Battle.net armory is working:

DH - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...o/26203755

Monk - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...o/32991130

About the same...right? DPS and Toughness pretty equal? Not hardly. My monk cannot kill white mobs in a 4-player game, while the DH has no trouble killing elites quickly. On the other hand, the monk's toughness now clocks in at 18MM and she runs towards the purple second hands. Last night I easily tanked blue mallet lords with the avenger affix. Didn't even get down to 1/2 life. It would be nice if Blizzard put a little more effort into both the armory and in-game data.

Upcoming plans: get some more forgotten souls for Aughild's crafting. Dip my toe into T3 with the monk to see how frigid it is.

(05-09-2014, 06:20 PM)Aahzmadius Wrote: So I finally got Myriam to cough up a socket on a 2nd Danetta's xbow, and I switched to a build closer to what you suggested:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...o/26203755

I've done a few T1 rifts with it, and I think I'm ready for T2-but I'm waiting to craft a couple of good Aughild's pieces (helm now in stash; just need bracers). I realize that losing Pride's Fall and Reapers will lower the number of Cluster Arrows I can throw out, but I really want that extra damage buffer against Corrupted Angel and Exarch elite mobs.

Reapers is relatively easy to give up. I would be very wary to give up Pride's Fall however. To the point of looking for any other option to keep it. The major issue isn't that Pride's Fall lowers your CA cost because you have Cindercoat that can help with that. It's that Pride's Fall lowers the cost of Preperation/Punishment. To the point that if you have the buff you can often cast Preperation at least twice as much during a prolonged fight than you can without it. The deadliest situation you can get into with this DH build is to run out of resources in a fight with tough enemies and be forced to go into regen mode and not have enough Discipline to cast Preperation. At that point you are at a lose/lose as you need to use your little hatred to regen your Discipline but at the same time often need that same hatred to use Vault.

I would be interested to hear how it is going if you have swapped them out. If you haven't, I would be VERY careful about moving up in difficulties.

In other news, I've just got a hold of my Hexing Pants of Mr Yan. They rolled pretty much the worst possible stats I could get and they are still the biggest buff I have noticed for this character yet. Even above Cindercoat. These pants take the already awesome Preperation/Punishment and make the resource generation nuclear. Combined with the buff from Pride's Fall and additional cost reductions from Paragon or items I can take 10 Discipline and turn it into a full pool of hatred. I've also taken my sheet Dps from 735ish to 1.2 million while stutter-stepping. Average burst from CA went from 12 million to 17 million. I'm coasting through T3 rifts at the moment and debating making some build changes (most likely looking for a spot for Smoke Screen, but I will play around with some other ideas I have). I'm pretty confident that once I get a hold of a SoJ I will be able to move up to T4. That or the rare possibility of the Calamity.
(05-13-2014, 12:51 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: I would be interested to hear how it is going if you have swapped them out. If you haven't, I would be VERY careful about moving up in difficulties.

I did swap them out, but I was able to by switching to a more standard build. I liked the Twin Chakrams, but there were just too many situations I found myself in thinking "if this were T2, I might have died there." So I grabbed a Manticore, of all things, out of my stash and for the first time ever, got Myriam to put Vitality ONTO a weapon. I haven't done a lot of testing yet, but I did solo a T2 rift-kind of slow, but I was being pretty cautious since it was my first attempt. Then I joined a powerful barb for another one, and that went great. One scary moment where I got Vortexed into a double pack, but I thankfully didn't drop much below 50% life. Found a decent Maurader's chest piece that went into the stash until I find additional ones. Hard to imagine giving up Cindercoat; I'm going to level a 2nd DH to equip some of these spare parts I have lying around (she'll be dedicated to bounty running).

I would love to keep Pride's Fall, but I want the Asheara's and Aughild's bonuses more; and I flat-out refuse to give up Ice Climbers. I rate the number one danger in HC being chain frozen, and IC removes that danger. So I'm trading fewer CA's for more of a damage buffer.

Willie, your DH looks to be in great shape. Let us know once you find that Calamity and SoJ! Unfortunately my best SC char is only rated for T2-and sometimes struggles there. My group of SC friends just doesn't play D3 much any more (if at all) so nearly 100% of my time is spent on HC.

Char link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...o/26203755

Build link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/de...XSe!ZcacZc

T2 rift with barb and another DH (barb streaming): http://www.twitch.tv/amedon/b/528361884

Finally completed my Tal's set last night! The free meteors are amazing and it is both a massive upgrade in sheet dps as well as edps. Elendra is pretty much complete now, though I will keep playing her to enjoy my BIS gear and farm for my other wizards.

Latest transmog and stats:

[Image: Screenshot107.jpg]

@ Aahz,

I'm completely with you on Aughilds and Asheara's. The mit and dmg reduction bonus from these sets makes life much easier when you start getting into higher torments (T4+), and on lower torments, well, you are nearly invincible if the rest of your gear is up to par. Aughilds is one of the best sets in the game period, crafted or otherwise. The dmg reduction from melee and ranged, elites, and the dmg bonus TO elites make this pretty much a no brainer for almost any class. I mean, you could run a build without on higher torments and be fine, but why would anyone not want to? Asheara's is great too, when I found my Ice Climbers I crafted some gloves from the plan so I could keep the bonus, as I was using the set boots previously even if the gloves were a very slight dps downgrade from the rares I was using. I've seen people make the argument that by using Climbers you are potentially losing another set bonus since sometimes the rest of your slots cannot be changed, but immunity to frozen and jailer is WAY too good to give up.

Generally, I've found with RoRG that while its possible to get 4 full set bonuses into your build, it just isn't worth it if you have the Climbers, and can still get 3 different set bonuses which is still quite nice. In my case, I have the full set bonus from Tal's and Aughilds, and 3 out of the 4 from Asheara's. It would be cool to be able to get the follower bonus but there is just no way at this point that I can fit it into my build. Not a big deal though. I'm pretty happy with my main wiz at this point, though I may try and get a Tal's source sometime down the line to swap out the belt for more dps oriented belt like Harrington Waist Guard (I already found like 3 of em'). Might be worth the all around dps upgrade and double dmg effect upon opening a chest, though I would certainly lose a bit of the elemental damage from Triumvirate.

One issue I am having with the full Tal's/EE build is trying to incorporate cold damage to fully utilize Elemental Exposure while still keeping a skill for AP regen. I switched out Electrocute for MM/Glacial Spike to get the cold dmg in there, but admittedly with only 4 APoC I do experience more downtime or slower recovery of my resource after channeling disintegrate. If I go go back to electrocute/surge of power however, the only way I can incorporate cold dmg into the build is to give up Event Horizon, and I am pretty reluctant to do this because it has such incredible utility. The only time I ever drop this skill is if I am soloing a RG or act boss, but otherwise it is always on my skill bar.

(05-15-2014, 04:58 PM)FireIceTalon Wrote: I've seen people make the argument that by using Climbers you are potentially losing another set bonus since sometimes the rest of your slots cannot be changed, but immunity to frozen and jailer is WAY too good to give up.

As a Demon Hunter with Vault I don't rate Ice Climbers as high as many do. And with the new mechanism on Illusory Boots those rank much higher for me as BiS right now for many classes/builds.

Swapping Ice Climbers for Illusory Boots obviously doesn't open extra slots up for set bonuses though.
What did they change about Illusory Boots?

Being able to run through enemies unhindered was the old effect iirc, and while neat, I certainly wouldn't put it over complete immunity to jailer/frozen. Ice Climbers probably aren't as important if you play a kiting build/class anyways, since if you have to kite a lot it means that the dmg from Frozen itself, along with other things, can probably kill you pretty quickly if you aren't on your toes. I wouldn't mind giving Illusory boots a try sometime - they just seem much more 'situational' in comparison.

For melee/channeling builds, there is little doubt that Climbers are BIS. It allows you to ignore jailer/frozen pretty much entirely and as a result, we dont lose any edps. This is of course one of the main advantages a channeling build has over a kiting one, and Climbers only bolsters that advantage since otherwise we would have to run from freeze bombs (thus losing edps) or be jailed while standing on plague, molten or arcane beams. With the Climbers, we can just stand there and continue to channel, and only have to move when absolutely necessary.

(05-16-2014, 12:53 AM)FireIceTalon Wrote: What did they change about Illusory Boots?

Illusory Boots now allow you to walk through Waller.

I don't have much of an issue with Frozen or Jailer as Vault breaks Jailor and because it's practically free I can just GTFO of the Frozen when it gets laid down. Combine any of those (or any other troublesome ability) with Waller, however, and it spells trouble. It doesn't even have to be a major ability, just the fact that I'm vaulting away and suddenly walls spring up and push me way out of my intended direction.
Ah, now that is a pretty cool ability indeed. For DH I can definitely see those being a better choice since wallers are really bad for you guys, and jailer/frozen are worse for wizard. Wiz does have some skills to cope with these effects but not every build can incorporate them easily (or at all), and having immunity to them really gives us much more freedom in our skill selection. For Wallers I use Event Horizon to suck them off the screen. Usually they can cast it again before the cooldown ends but at least it buys me some time to either escape or kill them.

Now, they just need to make something to give immunity to vortex.

Last few days have been pretty kind to me in the world of D3. I was lucky enough to gamble a Mirrorball with 2 missiles from Kadala, a Cindercoat, as well as an Andy's helm with fire dmg so my fire wiz is off to a really nice start. She is able to do T4 pretty much out of the gate (though T3 seems to be her comfort zone). According to my calculations, her magic missile is hitting for 1125% weapon damage!! (182% * 3 missiles + 106% fire damage skills). Pretty decent toughness on her, though nowhere near the uber toughness of my Tal Rasha/EE wizard which can handle T5 with few problems (T6 is quite viable in a good group).

Also got my cold wiz off the ground, she is off to a pretty nice start as well. I need to get another Mirrorball with 2 missiles for her, for now she is using a Winter Flurry which is cool for the elemental dmg, but a MB would be more ideal. Already got 109% to cold dmg on her, with decent toughness, T3 seems to be her sweet spot as well. It's almost like a mini-CM build with Glacial Spike, Familiar/Icicle, and Frozen Orb. Lots of crowd control.

It's really an awesome feeling having 3 geared wizards all with different builds and being able to play them at mid torments (high torments in the case of Elendra). I still want to make a chain apoc wizard, as I was lucky enough to find a Wand of Woh a couple nights ago (low dps on it, but still). See my profile and check their builds out^^