Seasons Greetings from N.D.
Well, up here in Canada South, tis time to start plugging in you vehicle if it's outside, to make sure it starts. Double digit negative overnight lows and single digit negative highs around Christmas out here in Northwestern ND.

Hope you all have a great Christmas.
Stay warm Tris! And Merry Christmas. =)
Intolerant monkey.
I've. Often wondered how it would be like to live in an area with the four seasons. Here in Santa Barbara, the average temp stays at above 60-degrees Fahrenheit in winter, and 70-degrees in summer. Paradise? Maybe, but it would sure be nice to see some snow this year. We used to go up the I5 to Frasier Park, but no snow there the last few years. This global warming thing is pretty annoying!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
(12-22-2012, 07:27 PM)Tris Wrote: Well, up here in Canada South, tis time to start plugging in you vehicle if it's outside, to make sure it starts. Double digit negative overnight lows and single digit negative highs around Christmas out here in Northwestern ND.

wow this is intresting. I'm from Winnipeg.
Sorry, I thought ND was Notre Dame and you had tickets to the BCS game ... Smile
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
isn't ND North Dakota
(12-23-2012, 06:24 AM)Allylik Wrote: isn't ND North Dakota

It is in this case.
Intolerant monkey.
(12-22-2012, 10:15 PM)Taem Wrote: I've. Often wondered how it would be like to live in an area with the four seasons. Here in Santa Barbara, the average temp stays at above 60-degrees Fahrenheit in winter, and 70-degrees in summer. Paradise? Maybe, but it would sure be nice to see some snow this year. We used to go up the I5 to Frasier Park, but no snow there the last few years. This global warming thing is pretty annoying!

I love Santa Barbara. I lived there in the 70's and early 80's. Enjoy the weather, because you won't get better anywhere.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
(12-24-2012, 02:01 PM)Alram Wrote: Enjoy the weather, because you won't get better anywhere.

Weather?! That's not weather! Why, when I was a kid, here in Minnesota, we used to... Wink

HAPPY HOLIDAYS (or even Bug Humbah, if that better fits your mood) to all Loungers, new and old, everywhere!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Merry Christmas
Happy Hannukah
Have a good Kwanza
Enjoy the New Year

I'll be scarce around here for the next week or so. Be safe all, I'd like to come back and find that we all made it through the new year.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Have a great Christmas, and an even better 2013.

Let's hope stock prices will continue rising and this crisis will end a bit quickly.
(12-22-2012, 11:03 PM)Allylik Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 07:27 PM)Tris Wrote: Well, up here in Canada South, tis time to start plugging in you vehicle if it's outside, to make sure it starts. Double digit negative overnight lows and single digit negative highs around Christmas out here in Northwestern ND.

wow this is intresting. I'm from Winnipeg.

Well, I have family in Naples, Florida. They encountered somebody from Ontario province, who responded something to "wow, they get colder than us, when they found out my location."

Apart from the oil activity, beautiful part of the country. At the right time of year, endless fields of crops. Wonder how the Nords and Swedes got used to the wide openness of it.

Never been to Winnipeg. Been to Regina, SK a few times, but never to Winnipeg. If I were to drive that far, I'd probably just go to Minn-St.Paul. Besides, no matter how far I go, my cellphone still rings Tongue
Merry Christmas everybody! Smile
-TheDragoon
The funny thing about N.D. is my family goes there quite regularly. In fact My wife is going there to Fargo and Grand Forks for the weekend next weekend.
Been a while since I've been to Fargo land. Been at least a year. The only way I'd be farther away from Fargo is if I lived in Crosby. Out in Williston. If I want the bigger city experience I would probably be more likely to go to Billings, which is about 60 miles closer. Or, if I wanted the 200,000+ person experience, I'd go to Regina, SK which is about 180 miles away.

Only have been to Grand Forks once, for a State's Attorney's conference at the Canad-inn. Thankfully, most of the NDSAA's conferences are held in Bismarck.

My memories of Grand Forks from this summer were the ultra-violent thunderstorm cell that passed through slightly to the South. Went outside to watch along with some other SA's and ASA's. The conference's guest speaker from California was quite unsettled by the tornado warning alarms that were going off. He was shocked that we headed for the door to take a look outside. Was a most impressively large center of circulation.

Tis about time for the lutefisk feeds to start Smile Do you want her to bring some back for you?
I already gave her my shopping list. It consits of cheese. My wife and her friend will both be bring back there limit in cheese.($20 per person) Other then that I just want her to go spend some time with out kids and a husband. Maybe buy some cloths for herself.
Back atcha bub, and everyone else Smile Fargo has been nice this year, except for Monday. Smile
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.