I do not play Diablo 3 but,,,,
I got the following email, which looks like one of those scams. Are my suspicions correct?

Dear customer,

Because you are involved in the trading of gold and equipment.
legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client.
Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net and Diablo III,
and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on.
We strongly recommend that you avoid using any hacks,
cheats, bots, or exploits.

Suspensions and bans of players that have used or start using cheats and hacks will
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

[Thread link given is omitted]

* Account name
* Account password
* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
Account security is incredibly important to us, and we hope that it's important to you,
too. If you have any additional security recommendations to add to this list,
please feel free to share them in the comments!

Account Administration Team
Diablo III World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2012

Apologies for the length of this post. I clicked on the link in my email and Chrome says it is a phishing website, so perhaps my question has been answered. When I posted the link in my original post and clicked on the link in that post it took me to what looked like a real battlenet login page.
Sounds phishy to me. What was the URL?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I've been getting dozens (if not hundreds) of those. In Mail, if you hover over the link it shows the true URL and that looks nothing like a legit Blizzard page. I've reported the first batch of them (they all automatically end up in my spam mailbox nowadays), then ignored the rest.

Forward it to hacks@blizzard.com, then mark it as spam and move on with your life. Worked for me! Smile

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Yep. It's a phishing email. I've received several.
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career
(11-30-2012, 01:58 PM)Aahzmadius Wrote: Yep. It's a phishing email. I've received several.

Yeah, just dump it.

I receive similar ones for Runescape, which I've never ever played, even.
--Mav
Quote:Dear customer,

Because you are involved in the trading of gold and equipment.
legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client.

With this kind of formatting, not only is it a dead giveaway, but such a company that lets a copy and paste response like that should be ignored anyways. Wink

Never follow links. If you are not sure email support directly.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(11-30-2012, 10:33 AM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: I've been getting dozens (if not hundreds) of those. In Mail, if you hover over the link it shows the true URL and that looks nothing like a legit Blizzard page. I've reported the first batch of them (they all automatically end up in my spam mailbox nowadays), then ignored the rest.

Forward it to hacks@blizzard.com, then mark it as spam and move on with your life. Worked for me! Smile

take care
Tarabulus

In case anyone wants to bother, phishing schemes of any kind can also be forwarded to phishing-report@us-cert.gov. The only problem with forwarding these to either address is that they sometimes generate an automatic reply giving you another piece of "spam" in your box. I used to send every one, now I just send ones I see as a new approach.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."