Way to "remotely" check what items Griswold, Wirt and Adria have for sell
Is there is a way to "remotely" check what items Griswold, Wirt and Adria have for sell without needing to talk to them? I've found only the utility called "Items Thief" but it doesn't seem to work with v. 1.09.
Any reply would be greatly appreciated.
While you are in the game you can access the developer console using the keys alt+f4. There is a tutorial there that will show you how to use it. It is a pretty old and simple game, so it was easy to edit things like that with the basic console interface.
(12-12-2012, 08:38 AM)GhastMaster Wrote: While you are in the game you can access the developer console using the keys alt+f4. There is a tutorial there that will show you how to use it. It is a pretty old and simple game, so it was easy to edit things like that with the basic console interface.

Yep, that's how I remembered it as well. Though if that doesn't work, OP may have to do the enable console command first. Sometimes it's already enabled, sometimes not. It might have been reset to 'not enabled' when he was changing different patch versions.

The enable console command is 'V' while in SP mode, Shift+V in LAN\Multiplayer mode. The tricky thing is it has to be held until the message reaches 255. (Thankfully you don't have to press it 255 times, just hold the key(s) for a bit until the message count reaches 255. Which is a short time.)

I always wondered why the developers didn't do it as just press V once to enable Console Command. Then I realized it was a simple fail safe method in case you were playing and hit V by mistake, the console screen would not come up in the middle of battle. (Obscuring the top 2/3 of your screen.)

Not a big deal in SP, this just pauses the action. But it's potentially deadly if it's in LAN\Multiplayer, since the LAN\Multi game mode doesn't pause if you press ESC or bring up the Console.

Best to do it while in town if you're playing multiplayer, and remember to make sure you hit the 255 message count. It doesn't have to be precisely 255, anything over is fine, but anything less than that the console command will -NOT- be enabled.