Infernal machine farming anyone?
So, it's more efficient to farm in a group at a higher MP level than you could alone. Unfortunately D3 only offers hot join so public games are a crapshoot, so how about a thread here to exchange IGNs and availability?

So post your IGN's, preferred MP level, and when you can play. I'll start.

IGN: Hunter#1716
MP level: 4-6
Availability: Evenings EST usually
I'd be up for that. My monk is a little stretched at MP6, but can probably handle it-although maybe not the actual uber bosses. Are we talking the infernal machine itself, or the keys as well? If the former, are we all supposed to bring 3 of each key so that we can have (up to) four games of full infernal machine runs? I think that's what all the cool kids are doing these days.

I usually play most weeknights from 9PM - 12A Eastern.

I could also bring my witch doctor, but he would max out at MP4 or so (magic find build).
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career
I'm thinking both key farming and the actual uber runs. My barb can handle MP 3-4 solo, so I figure in a group we can bump up the MP level a notch or two.
My CM wizard farms keys at MP5, pre damage hotfix. Maybe MP6 now.

She did Siegebreaker/Kule on MP1 solo, and had a bad time.

I'm leveling a WoW character but I log into D3 daily. I'll join if invited. I have a vent server we can use, if you want.

Ynir#1828, evenings and weekends
We have a thread like that somewhere, but info is in sig. I prefer mp2-3

We should figure out the best way to get 5 stacks to be able to effectively farm keys. Act 3 is easy since elites are everywhere especially in the Arreat Crater, but what about Act 1 and Act 2 paths? Farming those is so slow because they are so sparse

Act 1
Festering Woods for 2-3 elite packs
Leoric's Manor for another quick one
Halls of Agony 2 ---> Cursed Hold???

The biggest problem is finding the keywarden in the Fields of Misery

Act 2
Desolate Sands
Vault of the Assassin (This is great, but annoying to find)
ZK Archives
???

Act 4
Jump off a cliff

It's okay, I already have the plan.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(10-30-2012, 08:57 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: Act 1
Festering Woods for 2-3 elite packs
Leoric's Manor for another quick one
Halls of Agony 2 ---> Cursed Hold???

The biggest problem is finding the keywarden in the Fields of Misery

Act 2
Desolate Sands
Vault of the Assassin (This is great, but annoying to find)
ZK Archives
???

Act 4
Jump off a cliff

It's okay, I already have the plan.

Act 1 Festering Woods has 3 or 4 (should be 4, 2 in 2 out but I've seen some games that only have 1 out.) You can get 5 from Festering Woods if you get the right event. There should be no reason to go anywhere other than Festering Woods and the Cemetary Crypts to grab 5 stacks.

Act 2; Just go to ZK Archives. I don't think I've ever gone through one of the areas there and not gotten 5 from it.

Act 4 I've been able to get 5 stacks by just clearing up to the Spire no problem.
Black Canyon Mines is good for a quick 2 stacks in Act II, as is the sewers from Ancient Path.
First run tonight on MP5 was very successful. We made 3 infernal machines (and I still have another one) and a bunch of organs dropped. Was lots of fun too. Many thanks to Aahzmadius and his guildmates for making things go smoothly.
(10-31-2012, 03:55 AM)Athenau Wrote: First run tonight on MP5 was very successful. We made 3 infernal machines (and I still have another one) and a bunch of organs dropped. Was lots of fun too. Many thanks to Aahzmadius and his guildmates for making things go smoothly.

Thanks for the games. I was quite amazed by you staying alive when we activated those 3 elite packs near the Black Canyon waypoint! Hope you don't mind me bringing in the "hired gun" to help with the uber bosses. She's quite a player. This was our 2nd run, so both the wizard player and myself ended up with a Hellfire ring. Mine was OK, but his is pretty crappy. Solution: more farming!

Hope to see you in future games. If you want to download the Teamspeak3 client I can pass along the server information. Makes coordination a bit easier.

(10-31-2012, 04:23 AM)Aahzmadius Wrote:
(10-31-2012, 03:55 AM)Athenau Wrote: First run tonight on MP5 was very successful. We made 3 infernal machines (and I still have another one) and a bunch of organs dropped. Was lots of fun too. Many thanks to Aahzmadius and his guildmates for making things go smoothly.

Thanks for the games. I was quite amazed by you staying alive when we activated those 3 elite packs near the Black Canyon waypoint! Hope you don't mind me bringing in the "hired gun" to help with the uber bosses. She's quite a player. This was our 2nd run, so both the wizard player and myself ended up with a Hellfire ring. Mine was OK, but his is pretty crappy. Solution: more farming!

Hope to see you in future games. If you want to download the Teamspeak3 client I can pass along the server information. Makes coordination a bit easier.

Black canyon mines was nuts. I told you it was a good place to get stacks! I forgot how hectic MP can be when monsters actually stay alive for a long time.

Anyway, I'll be on evenings like I said, so I'm definitely up for more games. PM me the TS3 server info or post it here and I'll see if I can get it set up.
Feel free to add me to your friends list for anyone that doesn't have me yet: WillieTanner#1667

I don't know how often I'll be available but if I'm on when others are feel free to hit me up.

Witch Doctor has killed Siegebreaker/ZK at MP4 and generally farms between 4-6.

I probably won't farm keys solo but if there is a group going I'll join in.
I'll try to add you tonight. It would be great to add a high-DPS WD to the group. Mine is too frail for much beyond MP3.

Hunter and myself (and a couple of guildmates) ran the Ubers at MP5 last night. I had my monk, and had spent some gold to upgrade my DPS to a more-respectacble 45k. It wasn't enough, though, as we hit the Enrage timer a few times. The final group was monk, Hunter's barb (Athenau), guild-mate weak barb, and guild-mate frail wizard. We managed to kill Maghda/Leoric (but it took 2 tries) and Ghom/Rakanoth. But the wizard had video card issues and dropped from the ZK/Siege run, which was just enough to lower our group DPS relative to the monster health to prevent us from killing ZK/Siege. For future games, we probably want to drop down to MP4 for the ubers. On the other hand, I think we could farm keys at MP6. I've got a few more things to try out with my monk; not sure how well they'll work. Basically I want to see if I can drop Seize the Initiative for something more offensive, but I'm worried about survivability. At the moment, I can tank just about anything in MP without much difficulty.

I did get one organ out of the deal, so that was good. We also had the entire group on Teamspeak, and that made coordination much easier.

Yeah, we need more dps. My barb has ~102k dps buffed, and can handle the ubers solo in MP3-4. Each additional player adds 75% to monster HP, so ideally we'd want 76k DPS per additional player to maintain the same damage/health ratio. But I think we can get away with less. We tried to take down uber Kulle first, but time on target was bad since we had two melees (me and the other barb) who kept getting caught in the slow time bubbles. We really need a high dps ranged character that can keep track of Kulle's teleporting and do constant damage.
A properly built WD can solo Kulle while the rest of the team deals with SB and I have every confidence that Chess can pull that off.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
So I did a little testing with my monk. I wanted to be able to switch to a more offensive build without hurting my survivability too much. It went something like this:

1) Changed the rune on Sweeping Wind to Cyclone. This was a no-brainer once I got my critical chance up to 30%.

2) Switch from Mantra of Evasion to Mantra of Conviction. I made this switch and completed an Act 3 key run at MP5. I noticed a little more damage coming in, but not enough to be more than a minor annoyance. Being able to do this was the most important thing for group dynamics, but it also helps my farming efficiency.

3) See if I can live without Seize the Initiative. This was nerfed in 1.05, but it is still near the top of most-used monk skills. I swapped out StI for Sixth Sense. My damage reduction went down from 62% to 55%, but my dodge chance went up from 50% to 54.5%. (I expected it to go up to 59% based on the skill description, but I guess it's increasing the dodge chance itself by 9%. I'm not good at math.) This seemed like an OK trade-off, though. 7% more damage when I get hit, but with an extra 4.5% chance to dodge all of it. I moved to MP6 and completed another Act 3 key run. This time there were a few deaths, but it was based on the elite pack modifiers. I had no deaths through the first 4 stacks, but then I drew a fast + molten pack. Dead. Went a different way in the Depths to avoid it, but I hit another fast + molten pack. Dead. So...it seemed like I was OK except for that particular combo. We'll see in future runs. I did end up finding another pack and then killing the keywarden. I think the Act 3 keywarden was nerfed too much, actually.

4) All right, I'm going to get crazy and try MP7. Right after I started this game, Hunter (Athenau) joined with his barb. Perfect. That let me switch Sixth Sense to Guiding Light (16% damage increase to anyone in the party that gets healed for 15 seconds). He reported a 1 million crit hit on Hammer of the Ancients. Woo! Still, the incoming damage was too intense and I died too many times. At least we were both rewarded with a key.

I'm happy with the results and expect I'll farm at MP6 running Sixth Sense solo and Guiding Light for party play. I also think I may be able to handle ubers in MP5; assuming we can convince Mr. Face to join with his high-DPS witch doctor (or a good demon hunter; something with ranged DPS).

You really need movement speed; farming efficiently is simply not possible with it. Try buying some cheap Lacunis or something. Also against tougher elite fights, movement speed can help you escape arcane/frozen and then like, no amount of vit or mitigation will save you from them.

Good job at taking on Mp6-7 though. I find it quite difficult at 5 and above as killing speed greatly drops.
Nice games, all. Most of my guildmates are playing other games, so it's been great running with you LL folks. Sorry about your luck with the Hellfire Ring, Hunter. Sad

Hey I did want to clarify something I typed after our game, Archon. I posted something like "Dual Sweeping Wind / Cyclone does not suck." I didn't mean "dual-wield", I meant "Two monks running SW / Cyclone at the same time." In other words, I loved seeing all those tornadoes out there at the same time.

Glad you got a key, too.

I find movement speed mostly a non-issue at higher monster powers. Stuff takes long enough to kill at MP6+ that the time spent moving between packs is negligible compared to the time spent killing them.

And yeah, I crafted my first hellfire ring last night, which was terrible. Still, I enjoyed the runs and I'm up for more. Maybe we should throw in some Act full clears as well just to mix it up a bit?
(11-04-2012, 05:47 PM)Athenau Wrote: I find movement speed mostly a non-issue at higher monster powers. Stuff takes long enough to kill at MP6+ that the time spent moving between packs is negligible compared to the time spent killing them.

And yeah, I crafted my first hellfire ring last night, which was terrible. Still, I enjoyed the runs and I'm up for more. Maybe we should throw in some Act full clears as well just to mix it up a bit?

I hear what you're saying about movement speed, but Archon's other point is that it helps you escape moten, frozen, etc. quicker. And a little movement speed could be the difference between surviving or not. Unfortunately (?) I'm to the point where I'm happy with my offense and defense and don't have the gold for another upgrade that would increase movement speed while not sacrificing anything else. So I'll just be a slow monk. Smile

I wouldn't mind throwing in full act clears, but for efficiency that should be done at MP1 (Acts 1 and 2) or MP0 (Act 3). I'd like to do that, actually, since it would allow me to use my witch doctor.

I should be on tonight at my usual time.

Save 15 million and organize by buyout time, trying to steal a pair of Inna's Pants.

That is my goal for now. :p

I hate how that damned thing has no resists or vitality by default. It seems to require 2 amethyst socket.