Noob question
Okay, everyone has one piece of their history that embarasses them. I'll admit mine: I've never before muled items from one character to another. It's out there, I've said it. So can someone give me or point me to the basics of muling?

A few details: I'm looking to bounce things (runes, gems, a belt or three) between SP characters, so I'm expecting to have to set up a passworded game on Open, but I'm looking for experienced playes to comment on best locations to make transfers, and how long do I have to be in the game before trying to get out and back in; and then how long do I have to get back in once I'm out???

Thanks in advace.
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Quote:Okay, everyone has one piece of their history that embarasses them. I'll admit mine: I've never before muled items from one character to another. It's out there, I've said it. So can someone give me or point me to the basics of muling?

A few details: I'm looking to bounce things (runes, gems, a belt or three) between SP characters, so I'm expecting to have to set up a passworded game on Open, but I'm looking for experienced playes to comment on best locations to make transfers, and how long do I have to be in the game before trying to get out and back in; and then how long do I have to get back in once I'm out???

Thanks in advace.
In order to transfer items between SP characters, a friend will need to create the game and keep it open while you bring in your various characters to drop items in town for other characters to retrieve. I say this assuming that non-realm games still disappear as soon as the creator of the game exits.
Quote:Okay, everyone has one piece of their history that embarasses them. I'll admit mine: I've never before muled items from one character to another. It's out there, I've said it. So can someone give me or point me to the basics of muling?

Thanks in advace.

One option would be to use ATMA

http://atma.diabloii.net/

Prophecy of Deimos
“The world doesn’t end with water, fire, or cold. I’ve divined the coming apocalypse. It ends with tentacles!”
Quote:One option would be to use ATMA

http://atma.diabloii.net/

Thanks for the point to ATMA. I'll try it out for compatability with 1.12 (the latest version of ATMA states that is is compatable up through 1.11).

Edit:

Thanks for the suggestion but ATMA is DOA. Windows Autoprotect picks it up as adware and denies me access. Looks like I have to push a few more buttons and toggle some switches before I can find out if it will actually work.
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!