Blizzard security breach.
Just in case you didn't see Ruv's thread, I wanted to give you guys the heads up.
Intolerant monkey.
I'm honestly surprised this doesn't happen more often. Or maybe it does and they just don't say anything.
Odd, that I got a spam email today on my battle.net email address, probably the first one ever.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(08-10-2012, 01:21 AM)Treesh Wrote: Just in case you didn't see Ruv's thread, I wanted to give you guys the heads up.

So, the real story is that Blizzard doesn't use an authenticator! Smile
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
(08-11-2012, 05:16 AM)Jarulf Wrote:
(08-10-2012, 01:21 AM)Treesh Wrote: Just in case you didn't see Ruv's thread, I wanted to give you guys the heads up.

So, the real story is that Blizzard doesn't use an authenticator! Smile

I was gonna give them that advice, but alas.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I changed my password three days ago. Played some this weekend. All is sweetness and light.

Well, I'm fuxored.

Logged in, but I am out of town. So, BNET immediately locks my account, because I am SUSPICIOUS!
WTF? In this day and age of mobile computing, logging in from somewhere other than my home is SUSPICIOUS?

I begin to try and follow the bouncing ball, log in, PW, it sends me to screen, asks for first and last name.

What name did I use when I signed up? NIckname? First? Last? I forget. Spent a lot of time figuring out a hashkey name ... that isn't it.
Try first and last.
no
Try first.
No
Try last
no.
Try nickname
nope.

WTF?
Call my son, we set up my bnet acct together.

He doesn't recall.

Head to my email account, and start digging through emails, trying to find one from blizz that mentions me by name ... and finally find one.

Ah, that's the name I used, permutation of my name.

So I go back and follow the ball
old pword
name from the email
funny letters at the bottom, which are hard to read

SORRY, TOO MANY TRIES< CALL CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Six phone calls later, during which the best I get is the phone tree, the robot's voice, and F*&^!ck OFF, we aren't talking to anyone now, call back some other time. (Gee, right out of Microsoft's customer support theory...)

So, here I am, the one f^%$#@g time in the last four months I have three nights in a row, free, at a conference, and nobody to interrupt me, to play a little in the hotel after all day meetings, and what do I get?

You Are Locked Out And We Won't Talk To You, Up Yours Pal!

Thanks, Buzzard, real nice.

Remind me to buy the next expansion for
WoW
not so fast
Starcraft
not so fast

I have left three "help tickets" for them, but I have no idea if they will bother to read them, or if they can figure out who they are from. I seriously doubt if Blizzard Support cares.

I better stop, I want to fly to California and beat the crap out of a few people right now.

With a six iron.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(08-13-2012, 11:29 PM)Occhidiangela Wrote: You Are Locked Out And We Won't Talk To You, Up Yours Pal!

I've had to phone Blizzard a few times for account-related stuff and they've always been extremely helpful and friendly to me.
(08-14-2012, 03:32 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(08-13-2012, 11:29 PM)Occhidiangela Wrote: You Are Locked Out And We Won't Talk To You, Up Yours Pal!

I've had to phone Blizzard a few times for account-related stuff and they've always been extremely helpful and friendly to me.

They saw you were calling from Canada and just wanted to soften you up so you would share all your water with us. Big Grin
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(08-14-2012, 03:32 AM)DeeBye Wrote:

they never answered my calls.

Got a lot of canned recordings, however.

Angry
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete