D3 funnies/references
So far I've caught two references which both made me laugh - the Burning Axe of Sankis (Boatmurdered) and the sigil for Dirty Little Secrets (listen to all minion convos) is a mockingbird...Littlefinger's sigil. Which I'm 99% sure is deliberate.

What other ones have you found?
(07-05-2012, 11:38 AM)ViralSpiral Wrote: What other ones have you found?

Well, Iron Wolf Jarulf is an obvious one and I had quite the chuckle when I met the unique boss "Torchlighter". Then there's the three Nephalem Stooges in the Drowned Temple.

I'll post some others once my brain is working again.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Ah, yeah, we had Jarulf and Asheara return. In name at least. Asheara doesn't look any older but then it's hard to tell. Probably not even the same one. No snake and all. I never did pay attention to the Nephalem names. Will have to.

Edit: Funny dialogue.
Nobleman: You have sought knowledge for many years... yet you look so well-preserved for your age, Adria. Just how old are you, exactly?
Adria: Go to Hell.
Lord of Goats.

That's all I need to say, really.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
(07-05-2012, 11:38 AM)ViralSpiral Wrote: So far I've caught two references which both made me laugh - the Burning Axe of Sankis (Boatmurdered) and the sigil for Dirty Little Secrets (listen to all minion convos) is a mockingbird...Littlefinger's sigil. Which I'm 99% sure is deliberate.

What other ones have you found?

I have to admit I don't get either of these. I have no idea what they are referring too, I guess I'm old or out of touch with some segment of pop or geek or gaming culture (or maybe even current news).
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Boatmurdered you'd have to Google if you're not a Dwarf Fortress player. Littlefinger is from Song of Ice and Fire books (more popularly known for the related television series Game of Thrones.)
[Image: 48Taw.jpg]

I got this screenshot of this easter egg early on, where the names of various high level Diablo 3 designers got inserted as names of mobs. I see Jay Patel, Senior Software Engineer, and Chris Donelson, Lead Exterior Art Designer in my screenshots. The odd thing is that I haven't noticed them since I took these screenshots the first week. I don't know if Blizzard turned off this easter egg or if I've just been burning through the crypts so quickly since then that I stopped noticing them.
(07-07-2012, 08:07 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: I got this screenshot of this easter egg early on, where the names of various high level Diablo 3 designers got inserted as names of mobs. I see Jay Patel, Senior Software Engineer, and Chris Donelson, Lead Exterior Art Designer in my screenshots. The odd thing is that I haven't noticed them since I took these screenshots the first week. I don't know if Blizzard turned off this easter egg or if I've just been burning through the crypts so quickly since then that I stopped noticing them.

There's a rare dungeon that pops up that's called "Developers Hell" or Development's hell instead of one of the defiled crypts. It's still in the game. There's an achievement for killing Jay Wilson.
Intolerant monkey.
Is it called Savior of D3 by chance? Heh.
(07-05-2012, 04:36 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote: Ah, yeah, we had Jarulf and Asheara return. In name at least. Asheara doesn't look any older but then it's hard to tell. Probably not even the same one. No snake and all. I never did pay attention to the Nephalem names. Will have to.

Jarulf goes back much farther than being an Iron Wolf mercenary in Diablo II.
Hipster Lurker: I preferred Jarulf back before he was an Iron Wolf. He sold out, man, he sold out.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Yeah, I'm perfectly well aware of Jarulf's guide. I still had it on my old lappy (as well as D1) up until it melted. But in-game he's been known as an Iron Wolf. It's just that in 2, he was potentially missable.
Finally satisfied that this, in fact, a game in the Diablo series.
Ah. I think he was mostly an easter egg in Diablo II, rather than an actual character. He seems to be a bit of both in III.