Not sure where to post this, but since the D3 forum has the most views.
I did the "Promise to pay for WoW for 12 months, and you can have D3 for free" thing. Today I changed my recurring WoW payment method to a new credit card.

[Image: wVWOn.gif]

What does this part mean? Am I going to lose access to my D3 account when the next monthly billing thing happens?
(06-20-2012, 03:25 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I did the "Promise to pay for WoW for 12 months, and you can have D3 for free" thing. Today I changed my recurring WoW payment method to a new credit card.

[Image: wVWOn.gif]

What does this part mean? Am I going to lose access to my D3 account when the next monthly billing thing happens?

Did it run out and you had to add the new payment method because you couldn't log in?
--Mav
(06-20-2012, 03:29 AM)Mavfin Wrote: Did it run out and you had to add the new payment method because you couldn't log in?

No, it never ran out. I just switched the payment method from one credit card to another.

I still have access to both my wow and D3 accounts, but the part I have circled in red worries me. I don't want to try and figure this out a month from now when I can't log into D3 for some unknown reason.
(06-20-2012, 03:41 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(06-20-2012, 03:29 AM)Mavfin Wrote: Did it run out and you had to add the new payment method because you couldn't log in?

No, it never ran out. I just switched the payment method from one credit card to another.

I still have access to both my wow and D3 accounts, but the part I have circled in red worries me. I don't want to try and figure this out a month from now when I can't log into D3 for some unknown reason.

Is your Tyrael's Charger still there? You could always send an email through the web form to the customer people to verify that it's just a spurious message.
--Mav
I'm on the annual pass and the card on my account was switched before D3 came out. Actually missed a payment cause it was changed in the wrong place and so one didn't process correctly. So my account was inactive for a day or so till the correct information was entered where it needed to be. It gave the same notice. D3 still looked active and everything looked fine. Just to be safe though I submitted a ticket on battle.net. A couple hours later I received a reply saying

Blizz Support Wrote:I am so very sorry for the confusion!! Your Annual Pass status is fine!
(>'-')> ^( '-' )^ <('-'<) (v'-'v) (>'-')> <( '-' )> <('-'<)

I know you got that email saying you lost your Charger and your Diablo III and we do send that whenever there are any changes to your account information during the Annual Pass Agreement. That said, I was checking on your account and it is showing that we did take your charge out on May 13, 2012.

(b^.^)b You still have your mounts and you can still use the Beta as well as your Digital Download for Diablo III when it comes out.

I was able to verify your characters still have the Tyreal Charger as well. As long as you keep a card on your account you should be fine, but if you have any issue when Diablo III comes out please let us know. Our contact information can be found at http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs.

If you need help with anything else please let us know! Thank you so much for your time, your patience and mostly thank you for contacting Blizzard! ("\(^.^)

So if everything shows as active still on your account I would say that you are probably fine, but submitting a ticket would verify it for you if you didn't want to take a chance.
Interesting that you posted this today. I just ran into something this afternoon. I did the annual pass/free D3 thing too. I chose to pay 6 months at a time. The second 6 month pass billed, and was paid, a week ago so I was paid through December, fulfilling my side of the agreement which shows as ending in November. I haven't played at all in months, so I tried to cancel to make sure my subscription ran through to December then didn't re-bill. The account page would not let me cancel saying I had not finished my agreement. Angry I've got a ticket in, but have not yet gotten a response as to why I am still locked in. They probably figure they will make me wait so I forget and they can sneak in another billing cycle. Dodgy
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(06-20-2012, 06:30 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: Interesting that you posted this today. I just ran into something this afternoon. I did the annual pass/free D3 thing too. I chose to pay 6 months at a time. The second 6 month pass billed, and was paid, a week ago so I was paid through December, fulfilling my side of the agreement which shows as ending in November. I haven't played at all in months, so I tried to cancel to make sure my subscription ran through to December then didn't re-bill. The account page would not let me cancel saying I had not finished my agreement. Angry I've got a ticket in, but have not yet gotten a response as to why I am still locked in. They probably figure they will make me wait so I forget and they can sneak in another billing cycle. Dodgy

It's probably not that sinister. It's probably just not set to let you cancel till November.
--Mav
(06-20-2012, 05:29 AM)swirly Wrote: I'm on the annual pass and the card on my account was switched before D3 came out. Actually missed a payment cause it was changed in the wrong place and so one didn't process correctly. So my account was inactive for a day or so till the correct information was entered where it needed to be. It gave the same notice. D3 still looked active and everything looked fine. Just to be safe though I submitted a ticket on battle.net. A couple hours later I received a reply saying

Blizz Support Wrote:I am so very sorry for the confusion!! Your Annual Pass status is fine!
(>'-')> ^( '-' )^ <('-'<) (v'-'v) (>'-')> <( '-' )> <('-'<)

I know you got that email saying you lost your Charger and your Diablo III and we do send that whenever there are any changes to your account information during the Annual Pass Agreement. That said, I was checking on your account and it is showing that we did take your charge out on May 13, 2012.

(b^.^)b You still have your mounts and you can still use the Beta as well as your Digital Download for Diablo III when it comes out.

I was able to verify your characters still have the Tyreal Charger as well. As long as you keep a card on your account you should be fine, but if you have any issue when Diablo III comes out please let us know. Our contact information can be found at http://blizzard.com/support/article/cs.

If you need help with anything else please let us know! Thank you so much for your time, your patience and mostly thank you for contacting Blizzard! ("\(^.^)

So if everything shows as active still on your account I would say that you are probably fine, but submitting a ticket would verify it for you if you didn't want to take a chance.

What the heck, did they seriously email you a bunch of kirby smilie faces or whatever those are suppose to be? I was talking to ATT the other day and their customer support used silly faces too. I'm beginning to wonder if customer support is being trained to email/message emoticons.
(06-20-2012, 07:50 AM)Trevan Wrote: What the heck, did they seriously email you a bunch of kirby smilie faces or whatever those are suppose to be? I was talking to ATT the other day and their customer support tend silly faces too. I'm beginning to wonder if customer support is being trained to email/message emoticons.

Yeah, I just copy and pasted everything between the line that had my name on it and the end that had the support person's name on it. I was quite shocked to see such from an official support person as well. I guess they have to find some way to entertain themselves though?
(06-20-2012, 06:49 AM)Mavfin Wrote:
(06-20-2012, 06:30 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: They probably figure they will make me wait so I forget and they can sneak in another billing cycle. Dodgy

It's probably not that sinister. It's probably just not set to let you cancel till November.

Probably not, but it's still messed up. I owe them nothing. I have the right to cancel my account, and allow the remaining time to run out, as does any other subscriber. I fully expect they will fix it, but it will probably take some back and forth.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(06-20-2012, 08:07 AM)swirly Wrote:
(06-20-2012, 07:50 AM)Trevan Wrote: What the heck, did they seriously email you a bunch of kirby smilie faces or whatever those are suppose to be? I was talking to ATT the other day and their customer support tend silly faces too. I'm beginning to wonder if customer support is being trained to email/message emoticons.

Yeah, I just copy and pasted everything between the line that had my name on it and the end that had the support person's name on it. I was quite shocked to see such from an official support person as well. I guess they have to find some way to entertain themselves though?

I've noticed this sort of thing from City of Heroes GMs as well. Kind of discombobulating at first, but not particularly awful. Still weird.
(06-20-2012, 09:01 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: I fully expect they will fix it, but it will probably take some back and forth.

It took some back and forth, but it was to prove me wrong. They have no intention of allowing annual pass subscribers to cancel their account, even if paid in full, until the last second of the 12 months ticks away. We are second class subscribers and are not allowed to cancel an account that is paid in full for the entire agreement. Warning - if you have an annual pass and want to cancel, and your billing date is very close to the pass end date, you better be right there to cancel or you will get hit with an extra billing. Now my next question is whether or not they even release MoP before the end of the annual pass, the only reason I can see me wanting to go back to WoW (I have no desire to play a beta character that will eventually get wiped).
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I'm not sure how feasible this idea is, but you could tell your credit card company that you don't want them to pay Blizzard. You'd still be subscribed, it'd just be automatically cancelled when they try to renew the subscription and the credit card company doesn't let the payment go through.

If nothing else works, you can cancel the card and get a new one, without changing it on the site. That will certainly work.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
(06-24-2012, 09:52 PM)Taelas Wrote: I'm not sure how feasible this idea is, but you could tell your credit card company that you don't want them to pay Blizzard.

I actually thought about doing this but, for now, I'm just going to have to remember to cancel in Nov/Dec. Fortunately, I have a couple week window to cancel so I'll have to try to not forget between now and then (or end up in the hospital or ?). I also set it back to one month recurring so they would only catch me for a month, instead of six. I do think there are folks out there who will have a much tighter gap and there will be problems with them ending up with an extra month they did not want. Dodgy
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Just max out your credit cards with medical expenses.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(06-24-2012, 11:49 PM)LavCat Wrote: Just max out your credit cards with medical expenses.

I'm working on that one too. Sad
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(06-24-2012, 11:26 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I do think there are folks out there who will have a much tighter gap and there will be problems with them ending up with an extra month they did not want. Dodgy

I've got a 2 day gap, but I've got some calendar reminders set. Smile I also swapped over to the one month recurring just in case.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Glad I got off the WoW addiction early.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(06-25-2012, 01:24 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Glad I got off the WoW addiction early.

Heart
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
I was not satisfied with their attempts to blow me off with what amounted to "because we said so" so I reopened the ticket 4 times until I finally got an explanation - a stupid explanation - but an explanation.

Quote:When accounts are signed up for the Annual Pass, we check every so often to ensure that the subscription is still on the account. If the subscription is removed, all benefits from the annual pass are removed from the account. This includes the Tyrael's Charger, Diablo 3 and MoP beta. If we removed the subscription from the account (even though you have paid time until then) your benefits would be completely removed.

This actually comes back to the same question DeeBye had and appears to me to be stupid and/or lazy programming. Note the line in the message DeeBye got that specifically says:

Quote:However, subscriptions can be cancelled at any time before the new billing cycle begins.

But not if you are an annual pass subscriber because then their system will not recognize you as subscribed for the remainder of your paid time?! Stupid, stupid, stupid Blizzard. If I cancel my subscription, which can only be done for the billing period following what is already paid, your system can't recognize that I am still subscribed for the time I've paid? Dodgy

It also says:

Quote:Subscription refunds are not available under any circumstances for billing cycles that have already begun. For this reason, if you need to modify or cancel your subscription, we strongly recommend you do so several days before the renewal date.

If the two dates coincide, or are very close, they are warning that you might get billed again and it will be "Sorry, sucker, we got your coin and we're keeping it!"

I so screwed up accepting the annual pass. I thought they would actually release MoP soon™ and that I could work up interest in the same old WoW until then. I also hadn't judged how far up their own butts Blizzard had crawled and how little they continued to consider the customer in customer service. Sad Angry
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."