HC inferno cleared
No video up yet that I see, but apparently Kripp has downed Inferno Diablo. Wanted to push it out before the nerf.

Bashiok says it wasn't a world first however:

http://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/215008237513224192

http://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/215011617245630464

Regardless of methods or firsts though, grats to them.

http://i.imgur.com/rjp6T.jpg
Apparently, it was Krip and a friend of his who's a mage who teamed up to kill Inferno D. Apparently, the Wizard took advantage of the hydra healing bug, which spoils things somewhat, but I still congratulate them for doing it before the 1.0.3 patch came out.
Hydra healing bug?

I don't really need an explanation of the exploit, I just haven't heard of it.
(06-19-2012, 10:32 AM)BellaStrega Wrote: Hydra healing bug?

I don't really need an explanation of the exploit, I just haven't heard of it.

Apparently, when you already have a hydra out and you recast the hydra, the first hydra is "killed" and the player gets healed by the amount of their +heal on kill on their gear. So, if you're hurt as a Wizard, you can spam Hydra and get healed up pretty quickly, depending on the amount of +heal on kill you have on your gear.
(06-19-2012, 10:27 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: Apparently, it was Krip and a friend of his who's a mage who teamed up to kill Inferno D. Apparently, the Wizard took advantage of the hydra healing bug, which spoils things somewhat, but I still congratulate them for doing it before the 1.0.3 patch came out.

Yeah, hence my "regardless of methods". Even if I had his gear and exploited, I'm pretty sure I would have died anyways. So I still offer congrats to them. I'm still waiting to find a video, I'm fairly interested in it. I heard they avoided the clones until they despawned and I'm a little curious how they did that.
When you cast a new hydra, the old hydra is "killed". Top off with some Life on Kill. Simple and hopefully fixed soon.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
To clarify even further. My understanding is that the dead hydra gives life on kill x 3 since the hydra is actually 3 entities?

Also the kill can be found at http://www.twitch.tv/nl_kripp/b/321924625 beginning at around 8:10:00 into the video (my apologies for no specific time link, twitch was not being cooperative).
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
... and Life on Kill when "killing" your own minions is fixed in 1.0.3.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(06-19-2012, 10:06 AM)Trevan Wrote: No video up yet that I see, but apparently Kripp has downed Inferno Diablo. Wanted to push it out before the nerf.

Bashiok says it wasn't a world first however:

http://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/215008237513224192

http://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/215011617245630464

Regardless of methods or firsts though, grats to them.

http://i.imgur.com/rjp6T.jpg

He's corrected himself.
Well not too surprising a ranged class would be required somewhere in there. Good to see a Barb was involved though.
(06-19-2012, 10:22 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote: Well not too surprising a ranged class would be required somewhere in there. Good to see a Barb was involved though.

Did you see the damage diablo was causing to krip? It was nothing. He could have done it solo, I'm positive.
Yeah, but could he have *gotten to* Diablo without the backup? That's where the issue lies.
(06-19-2012, 10:48 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote: Yeah, but could he have *gotten to* Diablo without the backup? That's where the issue lies.

I will give you that, I have no idea. I'm not sure of the impact of the wizard because I didn't watch the stream.
There's another issue, namely that of enrage timers. Even if he can survive Diablo's damage, nothing guarantees that he could actually kill Diablo.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
(06-19-2012, 11:10 PM)Taelas Wrote: There's another issue, namely that of enrage timers. Even if he can survive Diablo's damage, nothing guarantees that he could actually kill Diablo.

Does diablo himself actually have an enrage timer? I did the fight yesterday on inferno and I never hit one. I've never actually seen anyone hit one on him.
Yeah, not every boss has one and I am pretty sure Diablo does not (yet). The Out of Time debuff only applies to Elites, if that is what you were thinking of.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
(06-19-2012, 11:22 PM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Yeah, not every boss has one and I am pretty sure Diablo does not (yet). The Out of Time debuff only applies to Elites, if that is what you were thinking of.

Nah, just enrage timers in general. I know the butcher lights the whole floor on fire, and I think the skeleton king summons skeletons more and more. I ASSUMED that cydaea spawned more spiderlings similarly, but apparently they just put that in on patch 1.03.

I really don't think many of the official bosses had enrage timers before this patch. I don't think diablo has one either.
(06-19-2012, 10:48 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote: Yeah, but could he have *gotten to* Diablo without the backup? That's where the issue lies.

I understand that they cleared the normal mobs in their own solo games but grouped up on the bosses for some reason. I'm fuzzy on the details of why they did that. Maybe they thought it was a way to go faster to beat the 1.0.3 patch coming out -- as in whoever gets to the next boss first invites the other along.
(06-20-2012, 12:11 AM)MongoJerry Wrote:

I understand that they cleared the normal mobs in their own solo games but grouped up on the bosses for some reason. I'm fuzzy on the details of why they did that. Maybe they thought it was a way to go faster to beat the 1.0.3 patch coming out -- as in whoever gets to the next boss first invites the other along.

I don't know about them, but for my brother and me, I ended up doing that. Even with the damage nerf, the extra hp on monsters made it hard to not hit the enrage timer wall on elites. I found it easier to beat inferno mode in single player than it was to play multiplayer with my brother.
(06-20-2012, 12:11 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: I understand that they cleared the normal mobs in their own solo games but grouped up on the bosses for some reason. I'm fuzzy on the details of why they did that. Maybe they thought it was a way to go faster to beat the 1.0.3 patch coming out -- as in whoever gets to the next boss first invites the other along.

Item farming. Clear trash mobs solo, group up for elite packs and bosses. 4x the loot = 4x the rewards. Between that and Goblin Farming that's basically how he got all his loot.
Roland *The Gunslinger*