Patch 1.0.3 tomorrow
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5837135682

Quote:We will be performing scheduled maintenance for Diablo III starting tomorrow at 3:00 a.m. PDT in order to deploy patch 1.0.3. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT.

Important: Please note that you will not be prompted to download patch 1.0.3 until the patch is live in your home region. If you are logging in from a European or Asian client, you will need to wait for this patch to release in that region before it can be installed. Additionally, if your home region is the Americas, you will be unable to log into Europe or Asia using Global Play after patch 1.0.3 is live until those regions have also patched.

For reference, here are the scheduled maintenance times for each region:

The Americas: 3:00 a.m. PDT (6/19) to 1:00 p.m. PDT (6/19)
Europe: 6:00 p.m. PDT (6/19) to 4:00 a.m. PDT (6/20)
Asia: 1:00 p.m. PDT (6/20) to 11:00 p.m. PDT (6/20)

Please note that these times are subject to change. For time zone assistance, please visit: http://everytimezone.com

List of possible changes:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208
Datamined changes:

http://www.examiner.com/article/diablo-3...rd-servers

Note: These are *not* the official patch notes and don't include such obvious changes as a reduction in health and damage of Inferno mobs.
(06-19-2012, 10:58 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: Note: These are *not* the official patch notes and don't include such obvious changes as a reduction in health and damage of Inferno mobs.

I don't think it's that they are overly obvious so much as the info just plain isn't in the client. There's no reason monster damage or loot tables has to be exposed.

If you look at this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5870487186

This confirms just about every datamined skill change... except these aren't changes to actual skill function, just changes in the tooltips. The client isn't given a whole lot more than that.
I see a lot of good changes, though why the hell did they nerf the mantra nobody uses anyways? Tongue
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(06-19-2012, 06:19 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: I see a lot of good changes, though why the hell did they nerf the mantra nobody uses anyways? Tongue

My hope is that things are coded logically and all reflect damage skills use the same lib/class/sub/whatever you (or the language) want to call it and they made the change there and it then affected every player skill that does damage reflection.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(06-19-2012, 06:25 PM)Gnollguy Wrote:
(06-19-2012, 06:19 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: I see a lot of good changes, though why the hell did they nerf the mantra nobody uses anyways? Tongue

My hope is that things are coded logically and all reflect damage skills use the same lib/class/sub/whatever you (or the language) want to call it and they made the change there and it then affected every player skill that does damage reflection.

That's kind of how I read it, too, GG, that they changed that sub and that changed all reflects.
--Mav
I find it mildly amusing that since the patch notes claim to have reduced the rubber banding, I'm actually seeing it MORE on my demon hunter now than I did before the patch. She doesn't even have any increased movement speed nor has she been slowed by critters when she desynchs. Not even the case of I thought I moved out from in between a huge pack of critters, but they moved slightly differently and actually boxed me in. This is her just running in a cleared area and snapping back at random times.
Intolerant monkey.
(06-20-2012, 02:24 AM)Treesh Wrote: I find it mildly amusing that since the patch notes claim to have reduced the rubber banding, I'm actually seeing it MORE on my demon hunter now than I did before the patch. <snip> This is her just running in a cleared area and snapping back at random times.

I had the same experiences. I rubber-banded way more often today than ever before, but always in "safe" places.
(06-20-2012, 02:24 AM)Treesh Wrote: I find it mildly amusing that since the patch notes claim to have reduced the rubber banding, I'm actually seeing it MORE

Yeah I hadn't really seen much rubberbanding at all the last 3 weeks or so. Tempest rush on the monk was nearly unusable because of it today, and I had to change out of thunderclap too because of it.

I chalked it up to heavier server load (since my latency was it's usual 60-90) with folks checking patch changes, but I chuckled about it too.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(06-20-2012, 02:24 AM)Treesh Wrote: I find it mildly amusing that since the patch notes claim to have reduced the rubber banding, I'm actually seeing it MORE on my demon hunter now than I did before the patch. She doesn't even have any increased movement speed nor has she been slowed by critters when she desynchs. Not even the case of I thought I moved out from in between a huge pack of critters, but they moved slightly differently and actually boxed me in. This is her just running in a cleared area and snapping back at random times.

Mav asked me if lag was worse today. I initially said no. I now have to retract that statement. I concur with Treesh - snapback is in fact worse. I just hadn't been playing long enough before to notice.

Of course, I DO have MS boots, so that may make things worse. (What, punish me for having better gear? Blizzard would never! Tongue)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
(06-20-2012, 02:39 AM)Roland Wrote:
(06-20-2012, 02:24 AM)Treesh Wrote: I find it mildly amusing that since the patch notes claim to have reduced the rubber banding, I'm actually seeing it MORE on my demon hunter now than I did before the patch. She doesn't even have any increased movement speed nor has she been slowed by critters when she desynchs. Not even the case of I thought I moved out from in between a huge pack of critters, but they moved slightly differently and actually boxed me in. This is her just running in a cleared area and snapping back at random times.

Mav asked me if lag was worse today. I initially said no. I now have to retract that statement. I concur with Treesh - snapback is in fact worse. I just hadn't been playing long enough before to notice.

Of course, I DO have MS boots, so that may make things worse. (What, punish me for having better gear? Blizzard would never! Tongue)

At the moment I'm writing it off to 'patch day lag' as even WoW gets some on patch day for me sometimes. We'll see if it continues into tomorrow or after midnight.
--Mav