My problems with the drop system
(06-14-2012, 03:59 PM)MongoJerry Wrote:
(06-14-2012, 01:58 PM)FoxBat Wrote: Jay said that Inferno itself was not balanced for HC. Why on earth would the economy be? Even if it somehow ended up more balanced, it wouldn't be for Blizzard particularly trying.

Where the heck did he say that? I do recall him saying that the hardcore community was very important to him and that they do make decisions based on hardcore and the hardcore community.

https://twitter.com/Angryrobotics/status...6159460352

Not that I blame you for missing twitter.

But really what else could you expect. They didn't even beat Inferno proper in softcore. How could they know what doing the same in hardcore would be like?

A farier way to put the argument would be - why would you balance the economy around the 4% of the population that cannot interact with the RMAH?
(06-18-2012, 02:00 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: I know it is probably just a crazy feeling that has no basis in reality, but sometimes I feel like nothing of any use to me drops.

Hehe - in that picture, you and your follower even look deeply depressed, shoulder slumped, eyes saddened on the ground... Tongue
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider
(06-18-2012, 02:00 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: I know it is probably just a crazy feeling that has no basis in reality, but sometimes I feel like nothing of any use to me drops.

Haha! Seriously, what is the deal with quivers? I SWEAR they are the most dropped loot item.
(06-18-2012, 01:55 PM)RTM Wrote: Haha! Seriously, what is the deal with quivers? I SWEAR they are the most dropped loot item.

For me it's the fooking bows. Of course they stop dropping when I play my HC Demon Hunter...
Quivers are *always* magical (never mundane), so they probably feel more common as a result. If you picked up whites, they would probably feel rare.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
(06-18-2012, 08:57 PM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Quivers are *always* magical (never mundane), so they probably feel more common as a result.

If only this were the case for rings/amulets!
...? I get heaps of ring/amulet drops. Always garbage, but I usually have 6-10 on me when my inventory is full.
(06-18-2012, 10:55 PM)FoxBat Wrote:
(06-18-2012, 08:57 PM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Quivers are *always* magical (never mundane), so they probably feel more common as a result.

If only this were the case for rings/amulets!

Aren't rings always baseline magical? It feels to me like rings/ammys are about as common as quivers.
(06-19-2012, 01:42 PM)RiotInferno Wrote: Aren't rings always baseline magical? It feels to me like rings/ammys are about as common as quivers.

Seems like I always have a couple of socketed rings and/or amulets; the version with just a socket, no stats.
--Mav
Socket is a magical prefix. Which is absolutely terrible for rings/amulets since they can only get one socket, and don't get special bonuses like helm/weapon.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
The worst part about socketed rings/amulets is that, unlike other affixes, there benefit is static across all ilvls. I was unimpressed by the ilvl15 socketed amulet; the ilvl63 one makes Elric go crazy!
I've actually seen socketed jewellery with an affix, which makes them slightly more useful, but it's still a waste of a prefix.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386