Basic Math - The Failure of Diablo Melee
For those struggling with Monks in Inferno mode, this fantastic guide was released the other day that can help you make that Act II or Act III breakthrough you're looking for.

Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Rofl, so the solution is to... "Make a witch doctor"

Well, guess all that time making the monk was wasted. Nothing I didn't know before. :p
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Yeah, I only really read about Barbs and Wizards making headway. I hear the odd good thing about WDs. But very little good about Monks or DHs.

Look on the bright side - when Monks become the uber char, you've got one ready and waiting. :op
I'm a little disappointed with the monk compared to the barbarian:

1. The barbarian's mobility skills are better. Furious charge w. merciless assault has great range and doubles as a very solid damage dealer in packs (no cooldown if you hit five enemies), generates your resource, and can be used as an escape skill in a pinch. Meanwhile dashing strike does negligible damage, requires a target, and costs spirit. FoT/thunderclap is excellent offensively, but lacks defensive versatility since it uses regular pathing (doesn't go through mobs/obstacles). Leap is essentially a teleport and the monk has no equivalent. Sprint gives you an out of combat speed boost (the best in the game) and again, the monk has no equivalent.

2. The barbarian has scaling heals. Barb heals scale with your life pool and the monks do not. I anticipate this being a problem as I progress further into inferno with my monk.

3. The barbarian actually uses your weapon in his animations. This is purely aesthetic, but playing the barbarian feels better because you actually get to see him swing his big ass weapon around. The monk punching everything in the face is all well and good, but it feels lazy and unfinished to not even have animations for his class weapons. Blizzard dropped the ball here.
Agreed on the Monk weapons. The first time I picked up a daibo I was excited to see the animations... only to quickly discover there were none! Considering how much effort they put into visual details on the characters, that seems a pretty big oversight.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
It wasn't an oversight, it was deliberate. Not sure why they made a cinematic video showcasing a monk using a daibo, but then designed the animations to only use unarmed attacks.

They will be designing weapon animations for three monk skills.
Yes, Bashiok said monk animations would be coming in a patch. But I haven't heard anything about it since then so I'm afraid that got lost in the post-release noise.