Hardcore Challenge
I've decided to go to the extreme on this, and try a Hardcore-Ironman-Naked run.

Seeing everything is based on weapon damage, this definitely sounds hard, and my goal is to clear Normal.

Does anyone have any advice on class selection?
Definitely a melee class. Yep.
Completely naked huh? Yea, have fun with that. But I guess if I were to try such a ridiculous thing, I would choose a Monk.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
It's either going to be super-painful, or over real quick. We'll see how this goes, I'll keep you guys updated.

After a very quick look at skill lists, I think I'm going to go for Barbarian, the stun on bash seems good.
(06-06-2012, 07:41 PM)RiotInferno Wrote: It's either going to be super-painful, or over real quick. We'll see how this goes, I'll keep you guys updated.

After a very quick look at skill lists, I think I'm going to go for Barbarian, the stun on bash seems good.

LOL, GL with that.
Food for thought: even Beyond Naked Rogues/Warriors in D1 were allowed a regular magic weapon.
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
Here's my SS after a couple hours of playing:
I just killed the Blacksmith's wife, and already things are interesting.

Any unique fight turns into: stomp, hammer, hammer, hit, run away and wait for cooldown on stomp. repeat w/ hammer when fury available.

I already can tell it's going to be a hell of a grind against Leoric.
If / when I fail, I'm probably going to take MMAgCh's suggestion and go Ironman / Naked + weapon.

On the plus side, this is really fun. Hitting guys with your fists is awesome.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well, run one is over. At level 6 I ran into a unique pack of wretched mothers. I couldn't kill things faster then they were spawning the 2 zombies. 3 DPS just doesn't go as far as used to.

If/when I try this again, I'll go naked Ironman, but will use a weapon.